VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks @sthompson I have a command that can select a profile dependent on the module but it requires to be exectuted and so far I've failed to automate it. It probably could e done using Hollywood's method or perhaps via a call using the DCS Bios to determine module type, but as I don't really need it to be automated I haven't done any more. It would be a nice to have though.

I just use a series of "IF" statements to select the module based on Hollywood's exposed variables, I've also got a command that I use dependent on map as well, that uses the same methodolgy and I use to select relevant pages and airbase frequencies, via my own appended profile.

So first what I have is multiple Vaicom profiles that are all identical except that each of these Vaicom profiles has appended (or piggybacked) onto them my own profile pertaining to a specific module. The Module Select Command interogates Vaicom using an exposed vairiable to determine which module is currently running, Voice Attack then selects that module. 

I've attached it, ingenious or clever it's not but it might give you some ideas, it won't work though unless you've got your VA/Vaicom profiles set up similar to mine.

Link to a similar sort of thread is here, with some more inforamtion is here

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254253-daisy-chained-profile-switching/?tab=comments#comment-4498209

Module Select-Profile.zip

Hi all, newbie question with VAICOM, SRS and Multiplayer if anybody could help.

Loving the capability of VAICOM but struggling to understand the logic when using with SRS and multiplayer.

SO my understanding based on research is:

By default the SRS tx keys and the VAICOM PPT keys are set to the same.

When in Multiplayer the only way to have voice tx on over SRS is to say "SWITCH" before speaking? Or have SRS TX and VAICOM PTT switches bound to different to different HOTAS switches?

I fly the F-14 a lot so VAICOM is great for RIO voice control, but I also fly mission multiplayer so SRS comms is important also.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mutleyxxx said:

Hi all, newbie question with VAICOM, SRS and Multiplayer if anybody could help.

Loving the capability of VAICOM but struggling to understand the logic when using with SRS and multiplayer.

SO my understanding based on research is:

By default the SRS tx keys and the VAICOM PPT keys are set to the same.

When in Multiplayer the only way to have voice tx on over SRS is to say "SWITCH" before speaking? Or have SRS TX and VAICOM PTT switches bound to different to different HOTAS switches?

I fly the F-14 a lot so VAICOM is great for RIO voice control, but I also fly mission multiplayer so SRS comms is important also.

Thanks for the help.

I think that you are right mate, and that's exactly why I don't use that functionality and just use different bindings for VAICOM and SRS. Having to say 'switch' to speak over SRS is really annoying, just imagine in an contested battlefield how crazy would that be.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

1 minute ago, Al-Azraq said:

I think that you are right mate, and that's exactly why I don't use that functionality and just use different bindings for VAICOM and SRS. Having to say 'switch' to speak over SRS is really annoying, just imagine in an contested battlefield how crazy would that be.

ahh thanks.. yep its a bit of a pain when in a dogfight with a wingman or 4 ship having to say switch between every transmission.. I'll go for the separate bindings and turn of SRS integration in the Vaicom config.

Thanks again

Hey all, this question may have been answered already but I don't have the time to read thru 257 pages here. I just started using Vaicom Pro with the AIRIO plug in. Will there be future update so you can use all the different weapon selections? I am finding some weapons cannot be specifically selected, i.e MK20's, Snake eye, or Air versions when selecting store. Also, will you be able to select individual stores instead of group stores?

Thank you.

My apologies if I missed it posted, but since this last VoiceAttack update, the Configuration window won't display. Any steps suggested to get it working again would be most appreciated.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

My apologies if I missed it posted, but since this last VoiceAttack update, the Configuration window won't display. Any steps suggested to get it working again would be most appreciated.
Check if keyboard is disabled in VoiceAttack. Red icon over keyboard. Happens to me once on a while.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Check if keyboard is disabled in VoiceAttack. Red icon over keyboard. Happens to me once on a while.

I check and the keyboard is not disabled. When I do the CTRL-ALT-C, the VoiceAttack window says Opening Configuration Window and a all white window is created (you have to mouseover the icon in the task tray to see it), but then after 20 secs or so it disappears.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

I check and the keyboard is not disabled. When I do the CTRL-ALT-C, the VoiceAttack window says Opening Configuration Window and a all white window is created (you have to mouseover the icon in the task tray to see it), but then after 20 secs or so it disappears.
Ah, okay, it loads but crashes then. I think I've had that a couple of times. Don't remember if a VA restart or computer reboot fixed it. But I don't think I did anything special. Apologies for not beeing of more help.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, okay, it loads but crashes then. I think I've had that a couple of times. Don't remember if a VA restart or computer reboot fixed it. But I don't think I did anything special. Apologies for not beeing of more help.

I am sure someone has a fix, thanks anyway!

• Like 1

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

I am sure someone has a fix, thanks anyway!
Just checking - you are running VA as an admin and do you run any AV?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

A bit odd but key presses dont work, yet the voice command "configuration" which sends LeftCtrl+Alt+C does :dunno:
Interesting because the key presses worked for me last night

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Do I have to do these steps each time after updating VAICOM?

1. When done editing press the FINISH button: the new keyword list is now in Windows clipboard,
  2. In the profile edit the Keyword Collections command and paste (Ctrl-V) the keyword list in the ‘when I say’ field after first clearing the field with Ctrl-A, Delete. Store with OK.

Or is this only required during the initial setup process?

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Do I have to do these steps each time after updating VAICOM?

1. When done editing press the FINISH button: the new keyword list is now in Windows clipboard,
  2. In the profile edit the Keyword Collections command and paste (Ctrl-V) the keyword list in the ‘when I say’ field after first clearing the field with Ctrl-A, Delete. Store with OK.

Or is this only required during the initial setup process?

Only when there is change in the keyword database. That usually happens when you change something manually, or can happen after a VAICOM update. Which is not too frequent, and usually after Hollywood has fixed something, but mostly after has added something!
Cheers!

On 1/12/2021 at 4:41 AM, hornblower793 said:

Just checking - you are running VA as an admin and do you run any AV?

I am running it as Admin and do have Avast, but even turned that off and still the window is blank.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

I ended up deleting the Viacom Pro folder under VoiceAttack Apps and ran a repair. Then reinstalled the addons and it is working again. Really not sure what happened, but guessing something in my config got corrupted.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

Hi. I opened voice attack and a dialog stating that a new update was available for AIRIO extension. I selected the install option. Apparently it installed, however every time I open voice attack, I get the option to install again. Does anyone know the solution to this?

This is the current log:

VAICOM PRO logfile
New update available!
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5
   Using Regular install path for 2.5
   Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = E:\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 3 imported ATC aliases.
Setting ATC Oliver Hazzard Perry class as recipient Oliver Hazzard Perry class 15801
Setting ATC Ticonderoga class as recipient Ticonderoga class 15803
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Default
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.

pleaseeeeeeee help. my vaicomm pro major issue not voice attack due to i have been working with voice attack tech support for two week. any i cant get the vaicomm pro to close. yes i have disabled plugins and nothing. only way i cant get app to stop running is to reboot pc.then when i click voiceattack it starts up and reboots everytime i close the app. been trying to fix this issue for 2 months about over it. yes done full unistall on voiceattack and vaicomm pro nothing  and of course i cant find actual real email support for vaicomm pro. 

pleaseeeeeeee help. my vaicomm pro major issue not voice attack due to i have been working with voice attack tech support for two week. any i cant get the vaicomm pro to close. yes i have disabled plugins and nothing. only way i cant get app to stop running is to reboot pc.then when i click voiceattack it starts up and reboots everytime i close the app. been trying to fix this issue for 2 months about over it. yes done full unistall on voiceattack and vaicomm pro nothing  and of course i cant find actual real email support for vaicomm pro. 
Are you starting VA using the Vaicompro app? If so, then that is why you have the issue. The Vaicompro app is there to restart VA / Vaicom as soon as it closes.

To shut this down you will need to exit the Vaicompro app using its icon in the Windows notification area before shutting VA.

To avoid this, just start VA directly.

Page 38 of the Vaicom manual explains more

• Like 1

Are you launching VA as Administrator?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've just purchased the kneeboard add-on for Vaicom Pro. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the dictation feature to work while using the F-10 map? I'd like to record coordinates so that I can go back and input them into the nav systems.

Thanks!

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Hi, all

Trying to get to grips with Vaicom with AIRIO.. most things work ok but I can't seem to get the Radio Tune option (manual tuning to work). 

The Radio Tune speech command is recognised but the Voice Attack dialog box return "Radio Tune" Not recognized, as though the Radio Tune command is not a command in the profile, but upon checking it is in there.

Also anybody know the command structure - the manual is not clear.. do you say Radio Tune, then pause to wait for the beep and then provide the 6 digit frequency or state the whole command in one - such as Radio Tune 125 Decimal 000?

Thanks for the help

Mutleyxxx

<Although worked out the Scan at Angels below- can't get the manual tune above to work.. other radio tune commands do>>

additional to that, also struggling with the Scan Angels command.. anybody got that working.. please see below

Thanks again

<update to the Scan Angels - worked it out - user error - need to say Scan Sector, Angels <alt> at <distance> .. didn;t realise you need to say San Sector 1st.. >

image.png

Edited by mutleyxxx

Hi, all
Trying to get to grips with Vaicom with AIRIO.. most things work ok but I can't seem to get the Radio Tune option (manual tuning to work). 
The Radio Tune speech command is recognised but the Voice Attack dialog box return "Radio Tune" Not recognized, as though the Radio Tune command is not a command in the profile, but upon checking it is in there.
Also anybody know the command structure - the manual is not clear.. do you say Radio Tune, then pause to wait for the beep and then provide the 6 digit frequency or state the whole command in one - such as Radio Tune 125 Decimal 000?
Thanks for the help
Mutleyxxx
>

additional to that, also struggling with the Scan Angels command.. anybody got that working.. please see below
Thanks again

Scan Sector, Angels at .. didn;t realise you need to say San Sector 1st.. >

image.png.dadf8376c55e179370d2a496b11bde7e.png
The command phrases should just be spoken at a relatively slow pace so no need for pauses. I could not get the speech recognition to recognise tune reliably and ended up changing the phrase to radio freak rather than radio tune. Similarly i changed TACAN tune to tack freak. You can just make these changes in the VA profile since they are not keywords.

I also say 'oh' rather than zero and dot rather than decimal.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, hornblower793 said:

The command phrases should just be spoken at a relatively slow pace so no need for pauses. I could not get the speech recognition to recognise tune reliably and ended up changing the phrase to radio freak rather than radio tune. Similarly i changed TACAN tune to tack freak. You can just make these changes in the VA profile since they are not keywords.

I also say 'oh' rather than zero and dot rather than decimal.

Actually TACAN tune is a keyword. (It is in the command phrase list of the Keyword editor.) Radio tune is not. I don't understand why they aren't both keywords since they both invoke the plugin.

@Hornblower, perhaps you could show us exactly what your edited commands look like. I'm not sure how you make VA recognize zero for oh, for example.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals