VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

18 hours ago, plobue said:

Great product.  Just purchased and installed the kneeboard add on.  The "kneeboard" keyword works but the others i.e. "Anvil", "Crystal Palace", "Tower" do not.  They are recognized but the kneeboard does not change.  Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks.

Nevermind.... Auto Browse option fixed the problem.

Alternatively, say Anvil...Page where ... is a small pause.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Since todays OB patch I have two issues with VAICOM

1. My radio menu constantly keeps popping up (even without me touching any controls or saying anything)
  2. The DCS radio menu responds (on/off) when pressing any of the MIC switches (I only tested with COM1 and 2 in the Hornet)

I triple checked that my HOTAS mic switch is not bound to anything within DCS.

Anyone else having this? Or any idea what could be wrong?

Before todays OB patch VAICOM worked without issues

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey guys, I started up VoiceAttack and told me that my files were corrupted and now both VoiceAttack and VAICOM are reset.

Any idea? Can I recover it?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

4 minutes ago, sirrah said:

1. My radio menu constantly keeps popping up (even without me touching any controls or saying anything)
  2. The DCS radio menu responds (on/off) when pressing any of the MIC switches (I only tested with COM1 and 2 in the Hornet)

I had the same issues.  I was able to fix it by shutting down VA and restarting.  Guess I got luck...

6 minutes ago, Drac said:

I had the same issues.  I was able to fix it by shutting down VA and restarting.  Guess I got luck...

Yes I can confirm this. Did the same and now the issue is gone (also, I forgot to mention, VA didn't respond initially. After restart, it works again)

By the way, is it normal that when you close/quit the Voice Attack program, it automatically starts up again? :dunno:

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Yes I can confirm this. Did the same and now the issue is gone (also, I forgot to mention, VA didn't respond initially. After restart, it works again)

By the way, is it normal that when you close/quit the Voice Attack program, it automatically starts up again? :dunno:

If you start VoiceAttack via the Vaicompro.exe, it will come back up automatically. To completely close it, close it through the taskbar.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sirrah said:

VAICOM needs certain DCS files to be patched in order to work properly. However whenever you repair or update DCS those patches disappear because the installer thinks they are corrupted. Then VAICOM needs to run its startup code to re-patch the files. But even after that happens DCS doesn't load the re-patched files until you restart DCS. So after every DCS or VAICOM update you need to close both programs, then restart VAICOM, then restart DCS, to get things working again. And if you are having trouble do a DCS repair prior to the above. Even all of that may not help if the DCS update has updated the files that VAICOM patches so that the patches no longer work. In those cases Hollywood might need to update VAICOM before things work smoothly again.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

2 hours ago, sthompson said:

VAICOM needs certain DCS files to be patched in order to work properly. However whenever you repair or update DCS those patches disappear because the installer thinks they are corrupted. Then VAICOM needs to run its startup code to re-patch the files. But even after that happens DCS doesn't load the re-patched files until you restart DCS. So after every DCS or VAICOM update you need to close both programs, then restart VAICOM, then restart DCS, to get things working again. And if you are having trouble do a DCS repair prior to the above. Even all of that may not help if the DCS update has updated the files that VAICOM patches so that the patches no longer work. In those cases Hollywood might need to update VAICOM before things work smoothly again.

Thanks for that clear explanation. I indeed also restarted DCS (forgot to mention that)

System specs:

On 1/28/2021 at 7:21 PM, sirrah said:

I'm having similar issues. I also found that although VA was identifying commands correctly, they were not activating the correct menu / menu at all in DCS.

When II use this with the Mig21 as soon as I turn the radio on it shows a TR on the SRS radio overlay. Pressing my PTT for radio 1 (radio 1, 2, 3, 4 mapped in SRS to different buttons) a couple times will make it stop showing the TR but after a little while it will do it again.

EDIT: So I thought afterwards it might have been the hotmike setting for the Tomcat that picked up background noise but this was disabled.

Edited by RogueRunner

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Im having a problem with the JTAC dialog not working sometimes in missions, when I call the JTAC he simply never answers.

I have looked in the mission and I cant find any error in it, however, I suspect it may be related to the VAICOM interactive Kneeboard.

The JTAC is activated when I enter a the combatzone, not at mission start.

Im not certain, but I think that if I have the VAICOM JTAC page visible on the Hornet pilots leg when the activation of the JTAC happens it can cause the hangup so that he never answers eventhough he is present in the mission. The page wont show a active JTAC in the mission before he activates, and to get the kneeboard to show he is active when he has activated I have to flip to another tab and back again to get the JTAC callsign and frequency updated on the interactive kneeboard, perhaps this is a hint that there is something going on.

Has anyone noticed any similar problems with JTACs dont answering for now apparent reason and suspected that this may somehow be related to the VAICOM interactive kneeboard?

Im having a problem with the JTAC dialog not working sometimes in missions, when I call the JTAC he simply never answers.
I have looked in the mission and I cant find any error in it, however, I suspect it may be related to the VAICOM interactive Kneeboard.
The JTAC is activated when I enter a the combatzone, not at mission start.

Im not certain, but I think that if I have the VAICOM JTAC page visible on the Hornet pilots leg when the activation of the JTAC happens it can cause the hangup so that he never answers eventhough he is present in the mission. The page wont show a active JTAC in the mission before he activates, and to get the kneeboard to show he is active when he has activated I have to flip to another tab and back again to get the JTAC callsign and frequency updated on the interactive kneeboard, perhaps this is a hint that there is something going on.

Has anyone noticed any similar problems with JTACs dont answering for now apparent reason and suspected that this may somehow be related to the VAICOM interactive kneeboard?
I haven't tried JTAC recently but what you have described sounds more like a data refesh issue. Does the JTAC respond once the information is visible on the page?

Is this a mission you have created or can share? If so, please could you attach it to a post and I / others can then have a play to see if we can replicate.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

No he does not answer at all, its dead silent on that frequency even though he has popped up on the VAICOM kneeboard.

As far as I know DCS related problems with JTAC not answering/hanging up due to new units not in his database for example like the Zu-57 that I read about in a post tend to occur later in the dialog, at ready to copy remarks. I can provide the mission later, if someone wants to try it though it might not show up on the first attempt, it has worked for me about 3 out of 4 times and I cant remember on which of these occations I had the VAICOM kneeboard visible before I checked in at the JTAC.

Edited by Fisherman82

OK  being using Vaicom for ages no with no issues but since yesterday it wont recognize any commands. VA shows them but nothing happens. Reinstalled Vaicom and same issue. No idea what is going on here. Have it set to Open Beta and standalone and pointing to the DCS folder. No PC updates recently and has been working fine since the last DCS update but now nothing. Any ideas anyone? Have tried multiple planes, different missions, fast missions, campaigns and nothing works.

OK  being using Vaicom for ages no with no issues but since yesterday it wont recognize any commands. VA shows them but nothing happens. Reinstalled Vaicom and same issue. No idea what is going on here. Have it set to Open Beta and standalone and pointing to the DCS folder. No PC updates recently and has been working fine since the last DCS update but now nothing. Any ideas anyone? Have tried multiple planes, different missions, fast missions, campaigns and nothing works.
Are there any unusual startup messages in the log?

Have you tried renaming the export.lua in the saved games\scripts folder?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Are there any unusual startup messages in the log?

Have you tried renaming the export.lua in the saved games\scripts folder?

No error messages - will try the export.lua file thanks.

EDIT You sir are a true hero! I think i figure out what caused it as well. A program call Volanta for other flight sims seemed to have amended the lua file. I did read they were adding support to DCS so i guess it changed some setting. Again really appreciate it mate!

Edited by razalom

No error messages - will try the export.lua file thanks.

EDIT : You sir are a true hero! I think i figure out what cause it as well a program call Volanta for other flight sims seemed to have amended the lua file. I did read they were adding support to DCS so i guess it changed some setting. Again really appreciate it mate!
Glad it has worked - you should be able to copy any other links back into Export.lua (or indeed just copy the lua back)

Sorry if asked before

I am using the VAICOM extended kneeboard and I noticed the following:

I was just flying Operation Pontus and at some point I wanted to check the included mission kneeboard page. While I was doing this, some of my AI flight members started to call out threats, which directly switched my kneeboard to the VAICOM "flight" page.

It was pretty much impossible to check any other kneeboard page because every time any AI says something, I get thrown back to the VAICOM kneeboard page. Is there a way to disable this?

(hope my question makes sense 😛)

System specs:

21 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Sorry if asked before

I am using the VAICOM extended kneeboard and I noticed the following:

I was just flying Operation Pontus and at some point I wanted to check the included mission kneeboard page. While I was doing this, some of my AI flight members started to call out threats, which directly switched my kneeboard to the VAICOM "flight" page.

It was pretty much impossible to check any other kneeboard page because every time any AI says something, I get thrown back to the VAICOM kneeboard page. Is there a way to disable this?

(hope my question makes sense 😛)

Uncheck "Auto Browse" for the Kneeboard.  See photo in the link.

Edited by Drac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Drac said:

Uncheck "Auto Browse" for the Kneeboard.  See photo in the link.

Excellent! Thanks 🙂 

System specs:

On 1/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, marc_cain said:

Hey all, this question may have been answered already but I don't have the time to read thru 257 pages here. I just started using Vaicom Pro with the AIRIO plug in. Will there be future update so you can use all the different weapon selections? I am finding some weapons cannot be specifically selected, i.e MK20's, Snake eye, or Air versions when selecting store. Also, will you be able to select individual stores instead of group stores?

Thank you.

All you need you will find in these cheat sheets, it is very possible.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304381/

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

On 11/17/2020 at 2:56 AM, hornblower793 said:

It is now controlled from the switch in cockpit (you may need to toggle a PTT to get it to sync at the start of a mission).

Thanks for the reply.  I should have been more clear.  I understand the PTT function was added so hot mic allows me to bark commands at jester in hot mic.
What I am looking for is the ability to disable that function and still use hotmic with my human rio during certain phases of the flight.
I have been unsuccessful in doing so playing with mappings in game or srs.  I either get hot mic for me and the human AND viacom listening or I get no hot mic at all.
Ideas?

Thanks!

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

I want to have some VR friendly commands available while using Vaicom (e.g. Escape, F-keys, pause) but only have them triggered if I push only one of the PTT keys (TX5 or TX6) and not the other PTT Keys (TX1, TX2 or TX3). That way, if say over SRS, "you need to use the F10 key to see the map" I suddenly won't be in the Map View. I'm happy to put the commands in a Daisy Chained profile (preferred) or in the main Vaicom profile. Any ideas?

Do I need to change keybindings in DCS world to allow me to use Vaicom with the F-14?  It works great with the other planes but in the F14 vaicom recognizes me in the plane. but both TX1 and 2 are greyed out.  I do not have garmin installed.  

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Hornblower793 was able to help me out on the discord channel.  I recommend everyone who is having any trouble to check out there as well.  Other than hornblower there were several others who were willing to help me, for those of you that did, I thank you, sorry I stepped away from the computer for a bit.  Turns out I was stupid and didnt have a button mapped for TX5 to communicate with ground crew to give me ground power 🥴  Well, stupid is as stupid does.  Thanks again Hornblower and everyone else.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS