VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hornblower793 was able to help me out on the discord channel.  I recommend everyone who is having any trouble to check out there as well.  Other than hornblower there were several others who were willing to help me, for those of you that did, I thank you, sorry I stepped away from the computer for a bit.  Turns out I was stupid and didnt have a button mapped for TX5 to communicate with ground crew to give me ground power   Well, stupid is as stupid does.  Thanks again Hornblower and everyone else.  
Glad to have helped.

We also check on here as well but sometimes miss things, particularly on this main thread which is now way too long.

FOR EVERYONE - THIS USED TO BE THE ONLY VAICOM THREAD BUT WE NOW HAVE A SUB-FORUM.

IF YOU WANT HELP WITH A TOPIC AND HAVE SEARCHED THE VAICOM SUB-FORUM WITHOUT SUCCESS, THE BEST THING TO DO IS START A NEW THREAD WITH A HELPFUL TITLE.

New threads are much easier for us to find and support.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 2/6/2021 at 1:05 AM, Morphine said:

I want to have some VR friendly commands available while using Vaicom (e.g. Escape, F-keys, pause) but only have them triggered if I push only one of the PTT keys (TX5 or TX6) and not the other PTT Keys (TX1, TX2 or TX3). That way, if say over SRS, "you need to use the F10 key to see the map" I suddenly won't be in the Map View. I'm happy to put the commands in a Daisy Chained profile (preferred) or in the main Vaicom profile. Any ideas?

Daisy Chain profile is the way to go if you do not want to mess up the base profile.  Or just add a new category into the base profile and add yours there.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, LC34 said:

Hornblower793 was able to help me out on the discord channel.  I recommend everyone who is having any trouble to check out there as well.  Other than hornblower there were several others who were willing to help me, for those of you that did, I thank you, sorry I stepped away from the computer for a bit.  Turns out I was stupid and didnt have a button mapped for TX5 to communicate with ground crew to give me ground power 🥴  Well, stupid is as stupid does.  Thanks again Hornblower and everyone else.  

wait what...?  there is a viacompro discord?
is there a join link?

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

wait what...?  there is a viacompro discord?
is there a join link?
https://discord.gg/BcbTReTF

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

2 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

https://discord.gg/BcbTReTF

domo!

Also...for clarity...there is no longer a way to have hot mic switch NOT set to command listening mode for VA?  When flying with a human RIO, I often use it and VA goes nuts.
I knew it used to be a configurable setting but the  box is the gui is no longer live.  Is there a config file change I could make maybe?

Thanks

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

3 hours ago, VF2 Subsonic said:

domo!

Also...for clarity...there is no longer a way to have hot mic switch NOT set to command listening mode for VA?  When flying with a human RIO, I often use it and VA goes nuts.
I knew it used to be a configurable setting but the  box is the gui is no longer live.  Is there a config file change I could make maybe?

Thanks

I suggest that feature requests are more likely to be seen if they get their own thread in the subforum rather than appearing on page 260 of this one. FWIW, I agree that VAICOM should have an option to not use hot mic even if the cockpit switch is turned on.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 2/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, sthompson said:

I suggest that feature requests are more likely to be seen if they get their own thread in the subforum rather than appearing on page 260 of this one. FWIW, I agree that VAICOM should have an option to not use hot mic even if the cockpit switch is turned on.

Thanks...was not putting in a feature request, rather reporting what no longer works. 

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

Hi,

Just purchased kneeboard and Supercarrier ATC. Can't get either to work. Followed instructions about 10 times now, to the letter, so need help.

Add license number (have tried both one after the other and each one entirely separately). At the FINISH stage nothing is ever copied to windows clipboard, so nothing to paste into AI commands. Could you please tell me what is going wrong, or send me the correct comments to paste in? 

Thank you.

Edited by SG1000
Fixed typo

Hi,
Just purchased kneeboard and Supercarrier ATC. Can't get either to work. Followed instructions about 10 times now, to the letter, so need help.
Add license number (have tried both one after the other and each one entirely separately). At the FINISH stage nothing is ever copied to windows clipboard, so nothing to paste into AI commands. Could you please tell me what is going wrong, or send me the correct comments to paste in? 
Thank you.
Try pasting into notepad first and then copying from there to paste in

6 hours ago, SG1000 said:

Hi,

Thank you.

LIcense numbers must be entered one at a time, and you need to delete the text in the box first. Same with the email address field, which is required to validate a license. If there is any doubt about whether your license has been accepted push the "LIST" button the same page. That should open a dialog box that shows your licenses as known and recorded by the software.

On the other hand, if the FINISH button does not copy anything to the clipboard then you have a bigger problem, since you should be getting all of the default commands even if the add-on commands are not available. You might be able to solve this by going to the Reset tab and reset the keywords database. Possibly yours has become corrupted somehow. You will need to do the FINISH step again after that.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way I can delete all the "F-14 keywords from the Viacom Database"?
I don't have AIRIO activated.

I want to remove the unnecessary commands in the databse since they are just in the way.

Also is there another Viacom discord invite link since the one mentioned above doesn't appear to be valid?

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Hello, I'm trying to make AIRIO to work but Jester is just not responding and it seems Voiceattack is not recognising my commands. I checked the command list, and I don't anything related to Jester, it seems that the AIRIO commands are not there.

I did the Export thing, but only adds TACAN and some other voice commands. Nothing related to start-up, etc.

Am I missing something?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hello, I'm trying to make AIRIO to work but Jester is just not responding and it seems Voiceattack is not recognising my commands. I checked the command list, and I don't anything related to Jester, it seems that the AIRIO commands are not there.

I did the Export thing, but only adds TACAN and some other voice commands. Nothing related to start-up, etc.

Am I missing something?
You do have the AIRIO licence registered and the AIRIO dll in the extensions folder

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way I can delete all the "F-14 keywords from the Viacom Database"?

I want to remove the unnecessary commands in the databse since they are just in the way.

Also is there another Viacom discord invite link since the one mentioned above doesn't appear to be valid?
This one is good for the next day or so

https://discord.gg/qUBEdTvk

10 hours ago, Rlaxoxo said:

You could do a complete reset using the reset tab and then only add back the extensions that you want.

11 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

You do have the AIRIO licence registered and the AIRIO dll in the extensions folder

This one is good for the next day or so

https://discord.gg/qUBEdTvk

Thanks for trying to help! I solved the issue. The problem was that the AIRIO voice command were not exported to the Voiceattack profile so I openend VAICOM, went to the editor tab, pushed the test button, and it that 400 orders were missing. Then I pushed the finish button and it copied the missing sentences to the clipboard, opened Voiceattack profile, double click in one of the AI commands, and copied them there. Save everything and it is now working great!

Just wondering, how to I ask Jester to change between steerpoints?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Ok, need some help. Vcom hasn’t worked since the beginning. Had it on the Z drive with DCS wouldnt work. Reinstall in Program File (x86) on the C drive and I’m close. I have everything where I need it. Voice to text excepts the commands it has a purple indicator and yet nothing happens in DCS. I fly the F 18. I have deleted and allowed the Viacom to replace the export file in the Scripps folder. I have all the push to talk’s working and yet nothing happens in DCS. What am I missing? Also I have Viacom redirected to the Z drive open beta folder. 

Also am running as Adminstrator 

Easy Comm is on
i can see the FA18 in the PTT tab
2 AN/ARC radios are present in TX1 and TX2
Please could you turn on Vaicom debug (top option on the Config tab of the Vaicom configuration), close VA, restart it and then post the log file here. The log file can be found in your Vaicom install > log folder.

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = Z:\DCS OBETA\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Household PC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 29 imported menu commands.
Setting menu F10 item Action Smoke Pattern Zones with actionIndex 29 as command 20001 Action Smoke Pattern Zones
Setting menu F10 item Action Flare Pattern Zones with actionIndex 30 as command 20002 Action Flare Pattern Zones
Setting menu F10 item Action Smoke Marshal Zone with actionIndex 31 as command 20003 Action Smoke Marshal Zone
Setting menu F10 item Action Flare Marshal Zone with actionIndex 32 as command 20004 Action Flare Marshal Zone
Setting menu F10 item Action Flight Student with actionIndex 33 as command 20005 Action Flight Student
Setting menu F10 item Action Naval Aviator with actionIndex 34 as command 20006 Action Naval Aviator
Setting menu F10 item Action TOPGUN Graduate with actionIndex 35 as command 20007 Action TOPGUN Graduate
Setting menu F10 item Action Hints On/Off with actionIndex 36 as command 20008 Action Hints On/Off
Setting menu F10 item Action My Status with actionIndex 37 as command 20009 Action My Status
Setting menu F10 item Action Attitude Monitor with actionIndex 38 as command 20010 Action Attitude Monitor
Setting menu F10 item Action Radio Check LSO with actionIndex 39 as command 20011 Action Radio Check LSO
Setting menu F10 item Action Radio Check Marshal with actionIndex 40 as command 20012 Action Radio Check Marshal
Setting menu F10 item Action Subtitles On/Off with actionIndex 41 as command 20013 Action Subtitles On/Off
Setting menu F10 item Action Trapsheet On/Off with actionIndex 42 as command 20014 Action Trapsheet On/Off
Setting menu F10 item Action Greenie Board with actionIndex 43 as command 20015 Action Greenie Board
Setting menu F10 item Action My LSO Grades with actionIndex 44 as command 20016 Action My LSO Grades
Setting menu F10 item Action Last Debrief with actionIndex 45 as command 20017 Action Last Debrief
Setting menu F10 item Action Carrier Info with actionIndex 46 as command 20018 Action Carrier Info
Setting menu F10 item Action Weather Report with actionIndex 47 as command 20019 Action Weather Report
Setting menu F10 item Action Set Section with actionIndex 48 as command 20020 Action Set Section
Setting menu F10 item Action Marshal Queue with actionIndex 49 as command 20021 Action Marshal Queue
Setting menu F10 item Action Pattern Queue with actionIndex 50 as command 20022 Action Pattern Queue
Setting menu F10 item Action Waiting Queue with actionIndex 51 as command 20023 Action Waiting Queue
Setting menu F10 item Action Request Marshal with actionIndex 52 as command 20024 Action Request Marshal
Setting menu F10 item Action Request Commence with actionIndex 53 as command 20025 Action Request Commence
Setting menu F10 item Action Request Refueling with actionIndex 54 as command 20026 Action Request Refueling
Setting menu F10 item Action Spinning with actionIndex 55 as command 20027 Action Spinning
Setting menu F10 item Action Emergency Landing with actionIndex 56 as command 20028 Action Emergency Landing
Setting menu F10 item Action Reset My Status with actionIndex 57 as command 20029 Action Reset My Status
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Navy
Adding chatter resources.. Navy
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Chatter start.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.

33 minutes ago, 9mil said:

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Navy
Adding chatter resources.. Navy
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Chatter start.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.

The start up log looks fine - next check is that you have the sliders on the Config tab of the Vaicom Config screen set to openbeta and standalone

Are you on discord? If so, I am happy to jump onto a voice call with you and step through things