VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I find it now entering uncommanded entries into the sim.
Which plane(s) are you trying and do the uncommanded entries show in the log file?

What uncommanded entries are you seeing?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Hi I just bought this but the commands work in VA but not in game and the PTT screen blinks BCN and no modules there.
I deleted the export.lua, claened and repaired DCS, set a custom path and registry fix and the registry is pointing to the right drive.
PS running 2.7 beta

Please help I feel I just wasted this money...

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = G:\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = F:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
   Reset: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   7/7 DCS-side files were updated.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
Checking VA profile.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added.
Chatter initialized.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
Updating settings
Updating settings
Updating settings
Updating settings

Are you running VA as an administrator?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I want to make use I can save all the work Ive invested in my Viacom Pro profile in the event I have to move to a new machine or restore my computer from scratch.

Is this the correct procedure?

1. Back up and then restore my speech engine profile using the speech profile manager linked on the VoiceAttack how to page.

2. Install voice attack and then Backup and restore the VoiceAttack .dat file located in the c:\users\yourname\roaming\voiceattack folder

3. Install Viacom Pro and then Backup and restore the Viacom pro for DCS World.vap file to the VoiceAttack\Apps\Viacompro\profiles folder

Is this correct? If not, what should I do? P.S. It would be nice if this was covered in the Viacom Pro Manual. (Apologies in advance if it was and I missed it!)

Anyone know what causes this in the kneeboard?  All the tabs are empty and I cant switch between them.  Entire kneeboard is faded out.  All other features of vaicompro including other kneeboard pages work fine though.  It's not the brightness slider in the control panel, and I've repaired and cleaned everything...  no clues in the log file.   Any ideas?  (DCS Relase Version and running VA as admin)

image.png

Edited by j9murphy

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Which plane(s) are you trying and do the uncommanded entries show in the log file?

What uncommanded entries are you seeing?

Are you running VA as an administrator?
Yep both are running as administrator

1 hour ago, metzgerov said:

This was the solution another user found to the same issue so might be worth trying

I discovered that repairing DCS with the file removal option does not remove the files in DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\VAICOMPRO.

So I manually removed that folder and restarted VA to recreate it and that seems to have fixed the kneeboard.

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

2 hours ago, j9murphy said:

Anyone know what causes this in the kneeboard?  All the tabs are empty and I cant switch between them.  Entire kneeboard is faded out.  All other features of vaicompro including other kneeboard pages work fine though.  It's not the brightness slider in the control panel, and I've repaired and cleaned everything...  no clues in the log file.   Any ideas?  (DCS Relase Version and running VA as admin)

Check the transparency slider in the VAICOM settings widget.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

This was the solution another user found to the same issue so might be worth trying

I discovered that repairing DCS with the file removal option does not remove the files in DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\VAICOMPRO.

So I manually removed that folder and restarted VA to recreate it and that seems to have fixed the kneeboard.

I don't have that folder either nor do I have the Kneeboard addon.

Not sure that is relevant.

I'm ready to get a refund unless someone knows a fix. I spent all day yesterday trying to get this fixed.

Sorry - my reply was meant for @j9murphy - this thread is way too long and it is hard to try and keep track of everything

3 hours ago, j9murphy said:

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

I tried uninstalling DCS, removing both the install and saved games directories and reinstalling, still no joy:(   I'm really not sure what else to try, it used to work fine:(

22 minutes ago, metzgerov said:

I don't have that folder either nor do I have the Kneeboard addon.

Not sure that is relevant.

I'm ready to get a refund unless someone knows a fix. I spent all day yesterday trying to get this fixed.

We will get you running - it is something in the configuration. To help me try and diagnose more:

1. What plane(s) are you trying in

2. Are you running easy comms on or off

3. Please could you post screenshots of your Vaicom config screens

4. Do you run the NS430 addon as this is known to be incompatible

5. Do you run any other addons (SRS, Tacview etc.)

Just now, j9murphy said:

I tried uninstalling DCS, removing both the install and saved games directories and reinstalling, still no joy:(   I'm really not sure what else to try, it used to work fine:(

Did this start with the update to 2.7OB?

4 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Did this start with the update to 2.7OB?

It did seem to correlate to that timeline wise, however I have since removed both the open beta and release versions of DCS and only reinstalled the release version... 

5 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

We will get you running - it is something in the configuration. To help me try and diagnose more:

1. What plane(s) are you trying in- Viggen

2. Are you running easy comms on or off- Off

3. Please could you post screenshots of your Vaicom config screens-Sure

4. Do you run the NS430 addon as this is known to be incompatible- Nope

5. Do you run any other addons (SRS, Tacview etc.)- Tacview

v1.JPG

v2.JPG

v3.JPG

v4.JPG

v5.JPG

v6.JPG

v7.JPG

It did seem to correlate to that timeline wise, however I have since removed both the open beta and release versions of DCS and only reinstalled the release version... 
Re-installing anything doesn't usually fix anything in my experience. Repairing DCS with a "slow" file scan seems to find most culprits. Voice Attack doesn't even know about DCS, and the installation of VAICOM is just a file copy
It's usually something else.

Anyway, I had the same problem. Reverted Nvidia driver to Feb and disabled SLI, and got the VAICOM kneeboard back. Don't know if any of the above helped anything really. Might have been the DCS repair.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metzgerov said:

1. What plane(s) are you trying in- Viggen

2. Are you running easy comms on or off- Off

3. Please could you post screenshots of your Vaicom config screens-Sure

4. Do you run the NS430 addon as this is known to be incompatible- Nope

5. Do you run any other addons (SRS, Tacview etc.)- Tacview

OK - I cannot see anything strange in the config screens and I have just tried my Viggen and it comes up fine so at least there doesn't seem to be a fundamental issue with the airframe integration as a result of 2.7.

Looking at your log from earlier, can I just confirm that your saved games folder is on your F: drive - we have seen issues before where there is more than one saved games folder. If you do a search for export.lua does it return more than one version?

6 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

OK - I cannot see anything strange in the config screens and I have just tried my Viggen and it comes up fine so at least there doesn't seem to be a fundamental issue with the airframe integration as a result of 2.7.

Looking at your log from earlier, can I just confirm that your saved games folder is on your F: drive - we have seen issues before where there is more than one saved games folder. If you do a search for export.lua does it return more than one version?

Yes I do have 2 "SAVED GAMES" folders and both have the exportLUA. One is on C drive and I haven't got rid of it yet.

14 minutes ago, metzgerov said:

Yes I do have 2 "SAVED GAMES" folders and both have the exportLUA. One is on C drive and I haven't got rid of it yet.

OK - what date is the export.lua in the saved games file on C?

It might be worth renaming the c drive saved games folder for DCS openbeta to something else assuming the F: drive is the one you want to use

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

OK - what date is the export.lua in the saved games file on C?

It might be worth renaming the c drive saved games folder for DCS openbeta to something else assuming the F: drive is the one you want to use

Not sure of the date because I deleted it while trying to get it to work.

OK - when you start VA / Vaicom has it recreated an Export.lua in the saved games on C?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You said you have two "Saved Games" instances? That's provably the problem.
There is a way to force DCS to use a specific one, but maybe find out which one is beeing used.

I don't think it's using the old one anymore. I just renamed it and pointed the missions etc to the newer one on F

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You said you have two "Saved Games" instances? That's provably the problem.
There is a way to force DCS to use a specific one, but maybe find out which one is beeing used.

My understanding is that you can force DCS to use a specific subfolder of Saved Games through the variant.txt file in the DCS root directory. (For example, if it has the word "openbeta" in it then DCS will use Saved Games\DCS.openbeta.) However you can't force it to use a second Saved Games folder. There should never be two Saved Games folders for one user since this is a system folder. To find out where Windows thinks the folder is, fire up RegEdit and browse to the section 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]. 

Then look for the registry key {4C5C32FF-BB9D-43B0-B5B4-2D72E54EAAA4}. The default value is something like "C:\Users\yournamehere\Saved Games"

Whatever is in that key is where Windows thinks your Saved Games folder is. If you deleted the folder or moved it somewhere else then Windows doesn't know how to find it, and DCS probably won't find it either. If you know what you are doing you can edit that entry to point to the actual location. In the future, if you want to move the Saved Games folder do it the right way -- by opening its folder properties and then using the "Location" tab.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals