VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

image.png

Tried also EasyComm ON but the same behaviour - DCS not react to my spoken commands...

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Does it do the same if DCS is not running?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

OK - the issue is not comms with DCS then, it is something in the VA / Vaicom setup screens

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hmm, I tried (10 mins ago) to delete VAICOM profile from VA and import it again - again nothing changed

I think it is more to do with the setup - I am just trying to work out what it could be looking at my end.

What settings do you have on the Voiceattack recognition screen

image.png

Should not the counter show few hundreds words? And when I expand the pop up menu "command phrase" I see only cca 20 words, not more....

image.png

But in the profile the words are there:

image.png

image.png

Edited by tapi

Yep - your keywords database should show a lot more commands. Try the Reload button and see what happens

Reload did nothing - still 0

Is there anything in the command phrase dropdown list?

only cca 20 words, but eg. no "Radio check"

OK - I need to go out now, but will be back in about 2 hours if no-one else has managed to sort you out before then

Should not the counter show few hundreds words? And when I expand the pop up menu "command phrase" I see only cca 20 words, not more....
image.png.6669a3f18b54f4d87443fedcf0053f58.png

But in the profile the words are there:

image.png.98ab8f0b89f2f4a505afb1c19d21143a.png

image.png.ad8bcfd0190a1f38b23aac038353594f.png

Yup! You're complete database is empty. The profile comes populated, and that's why you get correct response in VA, and it's passed to VAICOM, which in turn doesn't know what to do with it.
Try an "Export" then "Import" from the control panel.
Never saw that one before, but I've had database corruption, always fixed this way.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

If I click reload, there is "loading keywords database..." for a long time. Does it mean that the loading is not finished?
image.png

I also tried import VAICOM profile to VA again but stil 0.

Where is teh VAICOM database stored - may be there are insufficient rights to modify the file?

Edited by tapi

If I click reload, there is "loading keywords database..." for a long time. Does it mean that the loading is not finished?
image.png.3d32eb79450af2ae38bbcbca17f782e5.png

I also tried import VAICOM profile to VA again but stil 0.
Where is teh VAICOM database stored - may be there are insufficient rights to modify the file?
Profile won't help you. It's fine already.
Try "Export/Import", as a "reload" probably just finds it empty.
When you export, an Explorer window will oppen I think.

Well, finally solved! 

After the fresh reinstall of VAICOM plugin, the VAICOM DB is now populated (512 words) and DCS now recognize all my commands.

Thanks very much to both of you chaps for your help and time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tapi said:

Well, finally solved! 

After the fresh reinstall of VAICOM plugin, the VAICOM DB is now populated (512 words) and DCS now recognize all my commands.

Glad you have it sorted👍

• Like 1

Well, finally solved! 

Super!

17 hours ago, sthompson said:

I mean copy f:\saved games\dcs\config to f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta\config.

Now that I think about it, you might want to copy other subfolders as well: Views, Scripts, Mods, MissionEditor, Liveries, Kneeboard, etc. Anything that has configuration information. As I mentioned, please backup first.

As an alternative to all of that copying you could rename f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta to something else as a backup, and then rename f:\saved games\dcs to f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta.

Believe it or not that worked! FINALLY.

Thanks everyone for the help...now hope it adds to the fun!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, metzgerov said:

Glad it is working and it will definitely add to the fun

• Like 1

Totally believe. Couldn't for the love of God remember the name of the "variant" file. But that's the one that gave me grief some years ago in another matter.
Anyway! Happy for you!
Cheers!

On 4/27/2021 at 1:10 AM, MAXsenna said:

I don't get what you mean by "Lua performance". Care to explain? I'm curious from a technical point of view. emoji4.png
Also, I don't use VA PPT, ever, only the VAICOM configured TX buttons.
Cheers!

If you check the advanced FPS counter in DCS you can see how much lua overhead there is on your CPU. Typically it's down at about 0.1-0.2%, but when I have SRS installed I start seeing spikes up to 2%. Similarly when I press the tx button with viacom I get momentary large spikes in the lua %.
The net result is a frame drop of about 3-5fps. 

If you check the advanced FPS counter in DCS you can see how much lua overhead there is on your CPU. Typically it's down at about 0.1-0.2%, but when I have SRS installed I start seeing spikes up to 2%. Similarly when I press the tx button with viacom I get momentary large spikes in the lua %.
The net result is a frame drop of about 3-5fps. 
Okay, thanks. Will check, haven't noticed any framedrops.
Cheers

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Okay, thanks. Will check, haven't noticed any framedrops.
Cheers

I've used SRS and viacom for months with zero issues until 2.7, I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on with them now.