VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

This is my Start Listening Setup in VA NO it is not the MS Voice Rec it is in VA.. So I have Always had a Hot mic in VA I say Start Listenig and Stop Listening to say Commands to VA to get DCS to respond to them... IE Start Listening... Seat Down.. This Signals VA to Listen to commands..and Woola the Seat Goes Down I say Stop Listening to Mute VA Mic...SIMPLE!! Well it was but after 2.7 it is FUBAR!!
37500207_Start_Listening2.thumb.jpg.9f697d7d232cb03896411ace3d71be3f.jpg
Start_Listening.thumb.jpg.326aa2345db4d524460bba29e3bebcb2.jpg
1162823280_Start_Listening3.thumb.jpg.b25704276b3309711268236d87b3c7eb.jpg
I don't mean to be rude, but you do know that Voice Attack and VAICOM are different companies/developers right?
So now you are asking for Voice Attack help on the VAICOM forum.
And btw. You have installed the VAICOM plugin twice.
And you are mixing VAICOM and VA commands. Voice Attack is not affiliated with VAICOM, and VAICOM is not affiliated with Voice Attack.
For help with Voice Attack, you better head off to their Discord. The help there is excellent. But they will only help you with VA and not any plugins, as no plugins are Voice Attack's responsibility.
Apologies for not seeing this before, but your pics are too small on my cell.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 5/11/2021 at 4:11 AM, MAXsenna said:

Same

Yes I'm aware that these are 2 different entities but since I installed and tried to get my Kneeboard and Chatter plugin's working then ALL these problems started happening.

Oh yea and then DCS drops 2.7 😞

So some how they are all related to each other trying to figure out How??? Yes I know it is seeing multiple instances of VAICOM that is another Question I have where the Hell is  that coming from I looked in all the setups and I cant find another any idea why it see's more then the 1?

I have not installed or added another instance but this error started to show up? So now I have the Kneeboard plugin working finally and dealing with all these random Problems?

No need to Apologize lol All good just Frustrated I love the plugin's but the random problems after updates make me Nutz...lol

I understand your frustration! But let's get this sorted, I'm confident we will!
1. Voice Attack. Do you have standalone or Steam version?
2. How did you install VAICOM, exe or manually from zip?
3. May I suggest you start, sort of, over?

A:
I have a "clean" VAICOM profile. Only changes I have done with it is:
Added voice commands to control panel, as I have issues with the keyboard shortcuts once in a while.
Changed and added TXs. I have several joysticks and I use different TX1 etc for various aircrafts and helicopters. Before I had multiple VAICOM profiles which were a mess, but thanks to Hollywood and others, I have merged all my TXs in one profile with variables. There exists another thread on the subject

B:
I have a couple of other VA profiles I use for DCS. But I keep them completely separate from my VAICOM profile, so strange things doesn't happen. But I use variables here as well. So I can say "gear up", and when I'm in the Ka-50, it will just press "g", while in the MiG-15/21, it will undo the locking, raise lever, back to neutral etc. It's really fantastic having just one or two profiles too mess with. And I'm just adding bits and pieces whenver I fly I module, and somethings missing. My mail issue is actually module developers that haven't added keybinds upfront for all commands. Don't want to make my own, in case they do in the future.

C:
Are you aware you can easily copy commands from one Voice Attack profile to another? So it should really be easy to make a have a new clean VAICOM profile, and copy around whatever else you need to other new. Ones. It's just a suggestion though!

• Like 1

Hi again,

Got another question but this time regarding the VOIP ControL. I am trying out the Dynamic Switching setting so as to not flood SRS comms with AI commands, I have the auto switch feature ticked. From my understanding of the manual Vaicom is supposed to wait for any possible AI commands before switching to VOIP, but when i've tried (monitored the PPT page in config and have the sound notification on) it switches to VOIP pretty much straight away. Am I missing a setting somewhere that would control the delay before switching? Would the making of the mission somehow affect (easy comms on/off)? Or i've misinterpreted the manual incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

Edited by itekiwoshi

Hi again,

Got another question but this time regarding the VOIP ControL. I am trying out the Dynamic Switching setting so as to not flood SRS comms with AI commands, I have the auto switch feature ticked. From my understanding of the manual Vaicom is supposed to wait for any possible AI commands before switching to VOIP, but when i've tried (monitored the PPT page in config and have the sound notification on) it switches to VOIP pretty much straight away. Am I missing a setting somewhere that would control the delay before switching? Would the making of the mission somehow affect (easy comms on/off)? Or i've misinterpreted the manual incorrectly?

Thanks in advance
I have no clue as I'm not that into MP yet. But as these are good questions, maybe start another thread?
I re-read the manual last night, and I think you're correct though. The manual have a tip about testing it locally, tried that?
Cheers!

• Like 1

I had to reinstall everything, I had backup all my keywords and profiles from Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro, vaicom pro won't import my keywords it says no new aliases were imported, this is going to be so frustrating I had so many custom words in there. is there a way to fix this?

New to Voiceattack and VAICOM. Supercarrier, What voice command would I use to have the ground crew remove the wheel chocks? "Ground Crew" is in the keyword list but chocks is not. Looking at the manual I see where you can add alias's to a keyword but I don't see how yo add a "new" word to the keyword list. 

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA 3080 FTW, Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 64GB (4x16GB), CORSAIR Hydro Series H105, EVGA 750 Gold PS, Oculus Rift, TM F-16, A-10C HOTAS.

56 minutes ago, dbunger said:

New to Voiceattack and VAICOM. Supercarrier, What voice command would I use to have the ground crew remove the wheel chocks? "Ground Crew" is in the keyword list but chocks is not. Looking at the manual I see where you can add alias's to a keyword but I don't see how yo add a "new" word to the keyword list. 

"Chief, remove the wheel chocks."

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thank you for a quick response. Question: I know "Chief" is in the keyword list but "chocks" is not. So how does that work?

Thank You.

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA 3080 FTW, Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 64GB (4x16GB), CORSAIR Hydro Series H105, EVGA 750 Gold PS, Oculus Rift, TM F-16, A-10C HOTAS.

3 hours ago, dbunger said:

Thank you for a quick response. Question: I know "Chief" is in the keyword list but "chocks" is not. So how does that work?

Thank You.

"chocks" is not in the list but "remove the wheelchocks" and "place the wheelchocks" are in the list. At least in the PRO version. Keywords are sometimes phrases. They are listed in the manual. Note that wheelchocks is one word in the keyword phrases.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Damn, didn't even look for a phrase, what a noob. I'll remember to look for phrases.

Thx

• Like 1

Damn, didn't even look for a phrase, what a noob. I'll remember to look for phrases.

Thx

Don't worry - we are all noobs, it is just that some of us are more advanced noobs

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 5/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, MAXsenna said:

I have no clue as I'm not that into MP yet. But as these are good questions, maybe start another thread? emoji6.png
I re-read the manual last night, and I think you're correct though. The manual have a tip about testing it locally, tried that?
Cheers!

I've had bit of trouble integrating SRS and viacom. I've been enjoying viacom in SP for ages and now I am trying to get into MP I have had to ditch it. Mostly for carrier and tanking. I've not got on with the auto switching options and have read about people separating the two out using different hotas buttons. This is what I am trying out but makes things a little complicated. Using my warthog I have forward/back comm 1/2 for viacom and comm 1/2 for srs, but srs ptt is centre only. This sort of works but some servers seem to force SRS ppt buttons (so I thought) and my viacom panel preference seems to never save my settings anymore. I unchecked import f10 but every time I start it seems to try and suck in hundreds of things from the servers. As I never update the profile these are not stored, but annoying anyway. I just wish ED would properly integrate an AI/human comms system as for me this is the worst part of crossing over into MP as a VR user. Anyone got an best practice tips?

5 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

I've had bit of trouble integrating SRS and viacom. I've been enjoying viacom in SP for ages and now I am trying to get into MP I have had to ditch it. Mostly for carrier and tanking. I've not got on with the auto switching options and have read about people separating the two out using different hotas buttons. This is what I am trying out but makes things a little complicated. Using my warthog I have forward/back comm 1/2 for viacom and comm 1/2 for srs, but srs ptt is centre only. This sort of works but some servers seem to force SRS ppt buttons (so I thought) and my viacom panel preference seems to never save my settings anymore. I unchecked import f10 but every time I start it seems to try and suck in hundreds of things from the servers. As I never update the profile these are not stored, but annoying anyway. I just wish ED would properly integrate an AI/human comms system as for me this is the worst part of crossing over into MP as a VR user. Anyone got an best practice tips?

You seem to have multiple issues. If VAICOM is not saving settings it could be because VoiceAttack (and thus VAICOM) does not have permissions to modify the VAICOMPRO files. Do you run VoiceAttack as administrator? If not, are you able to create/edit/delete files in the VAICOMPRO folders using the usual Windows tools? Regarding the SRS/VAICOM issue can you be more specific as to what the problem is. All you say is that it "sort of works." What exactly does not work? And if you have trouble on particular servers but not others you might want to get more specific in your posting here and/or contact admins on the servers that are not working for you. SRS and VAICOM do work together well for many of us, but we need more info if we are going to sort out your issues.

If you reply, think about posting a new thread in the main VAICOM forum that identifies your specific problem instead of adding to this impossibly long one.

• Like 1

I need your help.

F-18, whenever I tune in a radio, for example to the frequency of the Stennis 124.500 and then press the radio button and say Inbound, then the frequency of the radio automatically adjusts to a different, unknown frequency. What am I doing wrong ? Its in MP

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

Question : I got the kneeboard extension the other day and started playing around with it. All its doing right now is bringing up the in-game kneeboard and not the vaicom kneeboard app. The heck is going on?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, LtSpoon said:

I need your help.

F-18, whenever I tune in a radio, for example to the frequency of the Stennis 124.500 and then press the radio button and say Inbound, then the frequency of the radio automatically adjusts to a different, unknown frequency. What am I doing wrong ? Its in MP

Sounds like Easy Comms might be on

53 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Question : I got the kneeboard extension the other day and started playing around with it. All its doing right now is bringing up the in-game kneeboard and not the vaicom kneeboard app. The heck is going on?

The Kneeboard is a bookmarked page on the in-game kneeboard and not a separate app

What exactly are you seeing and in which plane(s)

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What had happened is that I had placed a couple of custom made kneeboard pages in my kneeboard folder in the Saved games location for the hornet. I named these two 1.png and 2.png so they would show up first. Placing these in there brought up the in-game kneeboard instead, and when I removed them the Vaicom plugin kneeboard came back. I have more kneeboard pages in that folder, but those two were the ones that prevented it from opening Vaicom plugin. No idea why....

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Someone on Discord had that - I think it is using 1. 2. etc - rename them to D1, D2 and you should be good to go

what is the discord channel for vaicom? ive a bunch of questions id like answered when i get to them. btw, i did rename them files, but i haven tried bringing up my in-game kneeboard yet. im starting to think they are the one and the same, but no idea how.

My wallpaper and skins

what is the discord channel for vaicom? ive a bunch of questions id like answered when i get to them. btw, i did rename them files, but i haven tried bringing up my in-game kneeboard yet. im starting to think they are the one and the same, but no idea how.
https://discord.gg/aWqRWfzZ

It is largely the same helpers on the Discord as here

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

awesome, thanks!  Ive been trying to get VA up and running for the better part of a year now and Im finally getting to the point where its about to work.

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

21 hours ago, LtSpoon said:

I need your help.

If you just say "Inbound" without first selecting the recipient then this command is probably being sent to the default airfield. And then if Easy Comms is turned on the frequency changes automatically to that ATC frequency. There are a few ways to make this work:

If easy comms on: "Stennis, Select," then "Stennis, Inbound." You can skip the first command if you use the "instant select" option. But then you must specify Stennis in the second one.

If easy comms off: tune radio to Stennis, then "Stennis, Select," then "Stennis, Inbound." You can skip the radio tuning if you use the option "select tunes radio" or you can skip "Stennis, Select" if you use "Instant Select." But you can't skip both because "Instant Select" will not tune the radio even if you have "Select tunes radio" on.

• Like 1

awesome, thanks!  Ive been trying to get VA up and running for the better part of a year now and Im finally getting to the point where its about to work.
Like@hornblower793 said. It's a user driven, and not an official Discord channel.
Glad to have you back Hammer, and nice to see you getting it working!
Cheers!