VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Well I solved the issue, it was a combo of me running the beta version of VA (unsupported by VPRO), and somehow my keyword list had gotten messed up and there was only a few keywords in the list , despite them all being in the profile.

Then I removed and reinstalled both VA and VPRO and used the default VA profile that is created by VPRO upon install.

All I have to do now is point my custom additions profile to the VAICOM profile and I should be good to go, a special thanks to MAXsenna who helped via his comments on the discord!
Thought that was you!
Happy to help!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

VoiceAttack has just moved to 64 bit with its 1.8.8 version - does anyone know if VAICOM is compatible with the 64 bit version?

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I have been getting quite a lot of Voice attack crashes during missions, starts off fine, but after about 5-10 mins, the program shuts down, normally at a crucial time.. like calling the ball !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

19 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Htmf.... Was gonna update post, and it deleted the content.
Anyway, Steam auto updated Voice Attack, 1.8.8 64bit.
VAICOM works without a hitch.
Cheers!

Great, thanks for that!  

• Like 1

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I have been getting quite a lot of Voice attack crashes during missions, starts off fine, but after about 5-10 mins, the program shuts down, normally at a crucial time.. like calling the ball !!
Consider using the VAICOM tray app, and it will restart VA.
I haven't had VA crashes for ages. Lucky me!

After todays update my Vaicom is nog longer functional. Every open mike goes from "listening" to "suspended" after 0.5 seconds. The open mike sound works correctly i.e. it plays when i press the button and when i release the button. The listening function however only works for 0.5 seconds. If i'm fast enough i can actually send a couple of basic commands in this short period so everything else seems to work.

This only happens when a module is loaded. Outside of modules the mike stays open an receives commands as normal.

I have reset the lua settings of the app and also upgraded voiceattack to the lastest 64 bit version. DCS is Latest beta build which is now the same as stable.

Edited by Nickentik

After todays update my Vaicom is nog longer functional. Every open mike goes from "listening" to "suspended" after 0.5 seconds. The open mike sound works correctly i.e. it plays when i press the button and when i release the button. The listening function however only works for 0.5 seconds. If i'm fast enough i can actually send a couple of basic commands in this short period so everything else seems to work.

This only happens when a module is loaded. Outside of modules the mike stays open an receives commands as normal.

I have reset the lua settings of the app and also upgraded voiceattack to the lastest 64 bit version. DCS is Latest beta build which is now the same as stable.
Don't think I've seen this issue before,could you make a new thread for future reference?
You are referring to the option in VAICOM c control panel and the Tomcat, right?
I'm positive and don't that issue, but I'll check later tonight. Today I'm playing with another type of joysticks and pedals. Escavator. 10 axis. It's really hard with the muscle memory from flying. Flying is easier. Hats off to all escavator drivers!

@Nickentik

On the MP tab, inspect your VoIP Control slider.
If it's on TX Link mode, select MP Only and restart.

Alternatively select one of the other two modes with the slider.

For details on the TX Link feature for VoIP see manual page 26.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

4 hours ago, Hollywood_315 said:

@Nickentik

Grtz

Thanks for the quick reply Hollywood. That did the trick !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cgrxman said:

I am also having issues since today's update.  My push to talk is working in reverse now.  When the switch is active, no inputs are allowed.  When it's not, it is in hotmic.  I do not have hotmic engaged.

Have you updated Vaicom?  Fwiw -I was having issues with the latest dcs stable release update, and I was .1 version off the latest. (I’m guessing there was a vaicom update recently. 

13 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

Have you updated Vaicom?  Fwiw -I was having issues with the latest dcs stable release update, and I was .1 version off the latest. (I’m guessing there was a vaicom update recently. 

Vaicom updated automatically. That's when the issue arose.  I am at 2.5.25.0.

image.png

Edited by cgrxman

I am also having issues since today's update.  My push to talk is working in reverse now.  When the switch is active, no inputs are allowed.  When it's not, it is in hotmic.  I do not have hotmic engaged.
Save for me.

I have the same problem after updating. Was working yesterday.

@Nickentik

Grtz
Hey@Hollywood_315, glad to see you again.
He's not referring to MP. He's referring to the open mic selection in the control panel.
I have the same issue after updating today. Was working fine yesterday.
Pressing a TX will immediately trigger "listening suspended" right after "listening resumed". Seems that several of us have that issue.
When selecting "open mic" ordinary VoiceAttack commands work fine.
Cheers!

Edit: Never mind that worked, but why would MP settings interfere with DP. Does this mean "transmit parallel" doesn't work anymore?

Can I roll back to the last patch until it's fixed. If so, how do I do that?

Go to the download page on vaicompro.com
Find the 2.5.25 zip file, open it and copy the VAICOMPRO.dll, and overwrite the existing file in the plugin folder depending on if you have Standalone VoiceAttack or Steam.
Something like c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\

Or

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\

Hope this helps.

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Go to the download page on vaicompro.com
Find the 2.5.25 zip file, open it and copy the VAICOMPRO.dll, and overwrite the existing file in the plugin folder depending on if you have Standalone VoiceAttack or Steam.
Something like c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\

Or

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\

Hope this helps. emoji4.png

Thank you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filthymanc said:

I have the Listening Suspended problem straight after updating to the latest VA version. Is there a fix?

My MP VOIP was and is set at Broadcast Parallel.

Which version of VA did you update to (32-bit or 64-bit) and, if the latter did you do an 'in-place' upgrade of your old VA or install a new version?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

5 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Which version of VA did you update to (32-bit or 64-bit) and, if the latter did you do an 'in-place' upgrade of your old VA or install a new version?

It was a 64bit in place update as prompted by VA. I have now rolled the software back to version 24 and it has fixed the problem for now.

• Like 2

Yep, also suffering from the "Listening Suspended" issue after reinstalling a fresh DCS Open Beta and updating Voice Attack as suggested by VA!!!!    Arghhhh!!!!!!

What is the solution guys?

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,