VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hmmm I do select the super carrier beforehand and it seems to recognize the selection...I first say, Abraham Lincoln and then inbound. That works. then the menu pops up with my options. When I want to say the next thing in line, like established or see you at ten for case I. Then it says there is no super carrier or no participants selected. I really have to use the menu and then it works. But that's a problem ofcourse. Because even when I try to reselect abraham lincoln, the following messages don't work. 

I will try to fly some examples this evening and I will post the log here so you can see what I'm doing wrong. 
Okay, so you do actually say "Abraham Lincoln" with every command?
In my settings the Abraham Lincoln is just "Lincoln" with the alias "Union". Have you tried just "Lincoln" or "Union"?
And have your tried "select Lincoln" before you issue any commands?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Would the AIRIO extension be updated with the Jester Lantirn functionality when it comes out?

Edited by Eagle_01
  • Like 2

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Would the AIRIO extension be updated with the Jester Lantirn functionality when it comes out?
I would assume so, but Hollywood haven't responded about that yet. You're not the first to ask.
I would guess it has to be realesed first.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:41 PM, hornblower793 said:

Select [AM; FM;] [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [0; 2 5; 5 0; 7 5;] is the command that should be in the VA Vaicom profile list

In use this would be something like Select FM 2 5 1 . 5 5 0 to tune to 251.550 MHz FM (I would say this as Select FM 2 5 1 dot 5 5 oh)

I don't really use this command so can't say how easy it is to get it to work. Will try and remember to test next time I fly

I was trying to make it work recently, but can't make it happen. In manual it has remark as "profile cmd". Can anybody help explaining what is profile command? I don't have expression "select FM", "Select AM", "Select Channel" on my list of commands. Everything else works fine and it is recognized.

I also can't make AOCS to speak, even if command are recognized. Radios are tuned for all frequencies available for AOCS. I checked my Windows Text-to-speech settings and test samples are working fine.

In the pencil Icon I have no section of "Radio Control" section. Please note that I have no AIRIO plugin. I have reimported the profile where I could see pure AIRIO commands.

Edited by kristod76

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

I was trying to make it work recently, but can't make it happen. In manual it has remark as "profile cmd". Can anybody help explaining what is profile command? I don't have expression "select FM", "Select AM", "Select Channel" on my list of commands. Everything else works fine and it is recognized.
I also can't make AOCS to speak, even if command are recognized. Radios are tuned for all frequencies available for AOCS. I checked my Windows Text-to-speech settings and test samples are working fine.
In the pencil Icon I have no section of "Radio Control" section. Please note that I have no AIRIO plugin. I have reimported the profile where I could see pure AIRIO commands.
If you're on a very old VAICOM profile, they are not included, and must be manually added.
Export your current profile, add in it VoiceAttack, find the commands and select them. Right click, and copy them to the VAICOM profile you're using.
Cheers!

Hi I am having an issue with Vaicom in combination with SRS. 

I am trying to be able to both talk to SRS on 3 radios and to DCS on 3 radios, using my HOTAS mic switch and without talking on both channels. I would like to be able to talk to the DCS comms without SRS listening and I would like to talk to SRS without DCS listening.

My understanding was to inside DCS remove all HOTAS Mic bindings and inside the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack add a modifier to use for the TX presses and releases for the AM, UHF and FM radios. This almost seems to work:

1. ModifierButton + Mic.Fwd -> DCS TX on the Fwd radio. 
  2. Mic.Fwd -> SRS transmits on the Fwd and does nothing within DCS.

But, how do I now stop SRS from listening when I use the modifier? It is also transmitting in SRS when I use the modifier.

Anybody having a config that works okay?

Thanks,

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

If you're on a very old VAICOM profile, they are not included, and must be manually added.
Export your current profile, add in it VoiceAttack, find the commands and select them. Right click, and copy them to the VAICOM profile you're using.
Cheers!

Thanks, your advice helped. I reinstalled the DLL as VA plugin and everything was back to normal. So it seems the VAP file is not updated when you get new updates directly via VA, so I consider this as bug in Vaicom Pro.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

Thanks, your advice helped. I reinstalled the DLL as VA plugin and everything was back to normal. So it seems the VAP file is not updated when you get new updates directly via VA, so I consider this as bug in Vaicom Pro.
It's not a bug actually. It's a limitation in VoiceAttack. I have asked Gary.
One cannot update/change a profile automatically. It has to be done manually and with the profile loaded. That's why we need to do the "Keywords Editor Finish" manually, or we'd just click "Apply" and VAICOM would do it for us. It's unfortunate and maybe it will be available in VA in the future. It would be so awesome to edit other profiles without switching back and forth for testing.
Now, this change, and the commands were added a year ago or so I believe. And we were then told how to do this, and I also think it's in the manual. But at the time I missed it myself, and could not understand why I couldn't get it working. But like you saw, a very easy fix.
Cheers!

Hi pilots

after a long time I try to reinstall vaicom and VA for DCS.

I don't achieve anymore to import an old csv.

I go in editor => import => select csv => click yes but it says no new alias => I don't see my bindings in list. => finish and past in VA but it's the same, no more commands.

I only have bases ones I think :

[quote]*Bomb*; *Bullet*; *Dart*; *from the East*; *from the North*; *from the NorthEast*; *from the NorthWest*; *from the South*; *from the SouthEast*; *from the SouthWest*; *from the West*; *GBU*; *Guided*; *Gun*; *Marker*; *Maverick*; *Missile*; *Paint*; *Paveway*; *Pickle*; *Rocket*; *Smoke*; *Stores*; *Strafe*[/quote]

Here is my csv file.

keywords-hh2.csv

I tried with another CSV found on dcs files, it's the same

Thanks for your help

Hi pilots
after a long time I try to reinstall vaicom and VA for DCS.
I don't achieve anymore to import an old csv.
I go in editor => import => select csv => click yes but it says no new alias => I don't see my bindings in list. => finish and past in VA but it's the same, no more commands.
I only have bases ones I think :
*Bomb*; *Bullet*; *Dart*; *from the East*; *from the North*; *from the NorthEast*; *from the NorthWest*; *from the South*; *from the SouthEast*; *from the SouthWest*; *from the West*; *GBU*; *Guided*; *Gun*; *Marker*; *Maverick*; *Missile*; *Paint*; *Paveway*; *Pickle*; *Rocket*; *Smoke*; *Stores*; *Strafe*

Here is my csv file.
keywords-hh2.csv
I tried with another CSV found on dcs files, it's the same
Thanks for your help
Have you tried to restart VA after you activated the license?
I had the same issue on a new computer.

32 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Right. Is your problem the only reason you're trying to import?
Try an export then import.

Works perfectly now 🙂 except one thing : I need to say Tower, wait, and the command.

Can't I say tower request take off ?

Thanks 🙂

Works perfectly now except one thing : I need to say Tower, wait, and the command.

Can't I say tower request take off ?

Thanks
Well, I always use the name of the airfield though.
Might try the select airfield command first, just to make sure. And of course, tune the radio.
Anyway
Ready for take off
Ready for departure
Request Departure
Request take off

Should all work.

7 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, I always use the name of the airfield though.
Might try the select airfield command first, just to make sure. And of course, tune the radio. emoji4.png
Anyway
Ready for take off
Ready for departure
Request Departure
Request take off

Should all work. emoji4.png

Is there an option in vaicom/VA to tell I will use the callsign before ? because commands work fine separetely

thanks

Is there an option in vaicom/VA to tell I will use the callsign before ? because commands work fine separetely

thanks
Sorry, didn't quite get that. You mean your own call sign in the command?
Yes, you can do that but not if using VSPX.

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Sorry, didn't quite get that. You mean your own call sign in the command?
Yes, you can do that but not if using VSPX.

Sorry I have some difficulties to explain.

It doesn't work when I say : "Tower request taxi"

I works when I say : "Request taxi" or "tower" wait "request taxi"

Is there an option to make "Tower request taxi" work ?

thanks

thanks
You either need to keep the pause or add the phrase you want to use as an alias

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

5 hours ago, dureiken said:

thanks

Yes, use VSPX, then you don't need the pause.

Hello, until implementation of F14 Lantirn new commands in Vaicom, Is posible to use the "fake" vaicom Jester menu tu use these new commands? I don't see the way, so I can't use new commands with AIRIO activated in this momment.
I don't think so, as the wheel is just a visual way to get the Vaicom options so Hollywood will need to change both

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal