VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hey there, even after freshly redownloading and installing everything again, I m missing 78 Aliases in VA Profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

For example "Request Launch" wich is in the keyword list in the edit section, properly set with category and segment, but upon saying it, it says: Unknown command "request launch" in the  VA Log window.

I manually added each one to the list. Pain in the somewhere, but you might wanna check the profile that you put up for download.

Things that were missing for example:

Hawkeye Ball, Salute, Request Launch, Abu Al-Duhur (so you can check)

Edited by Brockn

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

19 hours ago, Brockn said:

Hey there, even after freshly redownloading and installing everything again, I m missing 78 Aliases in VA Profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

For example "Request Launch" wich is in the keyword list in the edit section, properly set with category and segment, but upon saying it, it says: Unknown command "request launch" in the  VA Log window.

I manually added each one to the list. Pain in the somewhere, but you might wanna check the profile that you put up for download.

Things that were missing for example:

Hawkeye Ball, Salute, Request Launch, Abu Al-Duhur (so you can check)

You're saying that the "Finish" step doesn't work for you? 

BTW: The number of commands between VA and VAICOM isn't reliable, as VA counts it differently, for obvious reasons. 😉

Will Petrovich support be its own paid extension? Would AH-64 George fall under the same extension or its own?
Think we'll see Petrovich before or after AIRIO Lantirn? 
AFAIK we've only heard that Jester will be updated when new commands go stable.
Peter's son and George has never mentioned. Hope I'm wrong and that it just flew under my radar.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

AFAIK we've only heard that Jester will be updated when new commands go stable.
Peter's son and George has never mentioned. Hope I'm wrong and that it just flew under my radar. emoji4.png

Since Jester is from Heatblur while George and Petrovich are from Eagle Dynamics I can easily imagine that the underlying code is quite different and that Hollywood will need more time to implement the AI helicopter crews, if he plans to do so.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Since Jester is from Heatblur while George and Petrovich are from Eagle Dynamics I can easily imagine that the underlying code is quite different and that Hollywood will need more time to implement the AI helicopter crews, if he plans to do so.
Yup! I'm sure you're correct!

I'm just getting back into using DCS World and Vaicom Pro, after a bit of a break, so I am probably doing something really stupid, but whenever i try to go through the FINISH steps, it looks like only the AIRIO commands are being copied to the clipboard?

The reason i am trying to do this, and again i must have forgotten how to do it, but when i press one of the PTT buttons and give a command, "inbound" for example, the VA log appears to suggest that it has been recognised, albeit followed by "(Awaiting additional input)", but there is no sign or sound to suggest that the command has been registered in the cockpit. 

The PTT display correctly shows that i am flying the A10C (the A10C 2 actually), so there must be some communication going on between DCS and VA/VP, but apparently not yet fully.

Edit:  Never mind, all's well.  I did a Windows uninstall on the 'VAICOM Pro for DCS World' app and reinstalled it again.   It seems to now be working just how i remember it.  If only my memory were that reliable.  🙂

Edited by Greyman

Hi @Hollywood_315,

I just updated to DCS OB to v2.7.7.15038, VAICOMPRO v2.5.26.0 and VA v1.8.9 and it looks like not all commands work anymore.

Flying around in Caucasus in the FA-18C (free flight solo mission) I can get {TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.theater} to work (returns Caucasus as expected) but both {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} and {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} return "Not set".

In the attached picture we can see the module is detected and display in the VAICOMPRO configuration window, SRS also recognizes the module and switches to the correct profile.

It's a bummer because I use different button presses for my radios depending on the plane I'm flying.

Any clues ?

So far I tried the following:

-Running VA, VAICOMPRO, SRS, DCS as admin

-Repairing SRS & VAICOMPRO

-Searching for "vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule" in the forums

-Verifying the command didn't change in the VAICOMPRO manual

Cheers,

Capture.PNG

Edited by BlackSharkAce

Hi @Hollywood_315,
I just updated to DCS OB to v2.7.7.15038, VAICOMPRO v2.5.26.0 and VA v1.8.9 and it looks like not all commands work anymore.

Flying around in Caucasus in the FA-18C (free flight solo mission) I can get {TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.theater} to work (returns Caucasus as expected) but both {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} and {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} return "Not set".
In the attached picture we can see the module is detected and display in the VAICOMPRO configuration window, SRS also recognizes the module and switches to the correct profile.
It's a bummer because I use different button presses for my radios depending on the plane I'm flying.
Any clues ?

So far I tried the following:
-Running VA, VAICOMPRO, SRS, DCS as admin
-Repairing SRS & VAICOMPRO
-Searching for "vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule" in the forums
-Verifying the command didn't change in the VAICOMPRO manual

Cheers,

Capture.thumb.PNG.56d6134710ab23f54ac1de2389f9d2db.PNG
You say the commands don't work. I assume you are not referring to the default ATC commands etc, but rather that "exposed variables" don't seem to work for you, switching TXs between physical buttons depending on the module.
I won't be able to test the next 24 hours, but I would expect them to still work as VAICOM identifies the module correctly.
Could you make another thread with examples of your VoiceAttack code?
Cheers!

I'm on vaicompro 2.5.25.3; why no automatic update to 2.5.26 even if "disable automatic plugin updates" is unthicked?

Is a manual update needed? 🤔

Update: I have manually updated to 2.5.26 and then auto updates started again (updated automatically to 2.5.26.1).

Nevertheless I lost all my profile modifications during manual update from 2.5.25.3 to 2.5.26.0 and I had to redo all manually (assign tx nodes to my hotas, add my dcs custom profile and so on). No need to reconfigure after auto-update from 2.5.26.0 to 2.5.26.1.

Maybe a backup profile could help for the future 🤷‍♂️

Nevertheless, the default vaicom profile stored under vaicom directories is something like 180 kb, if I manually save my modified profile using voiceattack it's only 9 kb 🤔, that's really weird...

16 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

manually save my modified profile using voiceattack it's only 9 kb .

The viacom profile you import is in XML format. When you export from VoiceAttack it is in a  binary format. This is why there is such a big file size difference,

If you go to %AppData%\VoiceAttack in Win Explorer, this is where you will find the Voice Attack data (in a LiteDB format). This is what I backup

image.png

image.png

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1

Hi, I have been a Viacom Pro users for about 18 months and I am a big fan... although I do not think that I have it set up to deliver all of its value.  I have recently re-purchased it to get the new modules and I have also done a reinstall of everything so I am doing a reconfiguration.

Here is my set up.

Module: F/A18C Hornet

Version of DCS - Open Beta

SRS

Thrustmaster Warthog Controls and I am attempting to use the Mic switch as follows.  TX1 = Radio 1, TX2 = Radio 2, TX3 = Data Link MIDS VOC A, TX4 = Data Link MIDS VOC B, TX5 = Intercom, TX6 = Used for Discord (Push In on the Mic Switch) (This is the button in the Viacom Pro Manual recommended to turn Chatter on and off, however I don't use Chatter and I need a button to talk to my squadron team mates in Discord)

Questions:

1.) In the manual it says that TX4 is reserved for the Intercom, however I need TX for to use for the Data Link voice channel MIDS Voc B.  Is that going to be a problem?  Instead I was going to use TX5 for the Intercom.

2.) I want to be able to do voice commands but not have them broadcast over the radios to real people.  For example, I want to be able to select the "F Keys" in the comms menu, or I want to be able to talk to my crew chief to remove the "wheelchocks" or "request rearming", also the Kneeboard commands are another one that I want to be able to bring up using my voice with out having it go out over the radio.  Would I use the Intercom for that? (In my case that would be TX5).

3.) I started messing around with the Kneeboard.  When I have the kneeboard visible its hard to navigate to some tabs.  For example, the JTAC tab and the AOCS tab are particularly difficult.  Should I call them up by spelling them out (for example "Jay", "TEE" "A" SEE" Page)?  Or is there another command that brings them up? For JTAC, Saying "JTAC" doesn't seem to work.  Or maybe I need to train Windows Voice recognition to recognize that?

4.) In a single player session I was trying to do an inbound call to the carrier.  I tuned Radio 1 to the carrier Marshal frequency and then attempted several different radio calls to the carrier using the TX1 mic switch button press.  For some reason VIACOM was not hearing me.  I have the audible hints turned on and so I know when a command is successful because I hear a "chirp" after I finish speaking.  The calls to the carrier that were failing were not getting a chirp.  I then went and looked at the Voice Attack commands list and I saw that the commands that were not getting registered had a response from voice attack telling me to "Use and active TX Node".  What does that mean?    Something else that is strange about this issue is that its inconsistent.  I found that I could get the command to work if I clicked over to TX2 and then clicked back to TX1 and then tried the command again.  All in all I was able to get it to work a few times, but it was inconsistent.

I know that there is a lot there but hopefully someone can shed some light on some of these issues.

Thanks so much in advance!

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

You can use difference keyboards to bring up the various pages

image.png

Thanks!  Where did you get that screenshot from?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

4 hours ago, melchionda said:

Hi, I have been a Viacom Pro users for about 18 months and I am a big fan... although I do not think that I have it set up to deliver all of its value.  I have recently re-purchased it to get the new modules and I have also done a reinstall of everything so I am doing a reconfiguration.

Here is my set up.

Module: F/A18C Hornet

Version of DCS - Open Beta

SRS

Thrustmaster Warthog Controls and I am attempting to use the Mic switch as follows.  TX1 = Radio 1, TX2 = Radio 2, TX3 = Data Link MIDS VOC A, TX4 = Data Link MIDS VOC B, TX5 = Intercom, TX6 = Used for Discord (Push In on the Mic Switch) (This is the button in the Viacom Pro Manual recommended to turn Chatter on and off, however I don't use Chatter and I need a button to talk to my squadron team mates in Discord)

Questions:

1.) In the manual it says that TX4 is reserved for the Intercom, however I need TX for to use for the Data Link voice channel MIDS Voc B.  Is that going to be a problem?  Instead I was going to use TX5 for the Intercom.

2.) I want to be able to do voice commands but not have them broadcast over the radios to real people.  For example, I want to be able to select the "F Keys" in the comms menu, or I want to be able to talk to my crew chief to remove the "wheelchocks" or "request rearming", also the Kneeboard commands are another one that I want to be able to bring up using my voice with out having it go out over the radio.  Would I use the Intercom for that? (In my case that would be TX5).

3.) I started messing around with the Kneeboard.  When I have the kneeboard visible its hard to navigate to some tabs.  For example, the JTAC tab and the AOCS tab are particularly difficult.  Should I call them up by spelling them out (for example "Jay", "TEE" "A" SEE" Page)?  Or is there another command that brings them up? For JTAC, Saying "JTAC" doesn't seem to work.  Or maybe I need to train Windows Voice recognition to recognize that?

4.) In a single player session I was trying to do an inbound call to the carrier.  I tuned Radio 1 to the carrier Marshal frequency and then attempted several different radio calls to the carrier using the TX1 mic switch button press.  For some reason VIACOM was not hearing me.  I have the audible hints turned on and so I know when a command is successful because I hear a "chirp" after I finish speaking.  The calls to the carrier that were failing were not getting a chirp.  I then went and looked at the Voice Attack commands list and I saw that the commands that were not getting registered had a response from voice attack telling me to "Use and active TX Node".  What does that mean?    Something else that is strange about this issue is that its inconsistent.  I found that I could get the command to work if I clicked over to TX2 and then clicked back to TX1 and then tried the command again.  All in all I was able to get it to work a few times, but it was inconsistent.

I know that there is a lot there but hopefully someone can shed some light on some of these issues.

Thanks so much in advance!

Some answers:

1. You are misreading the manual. TX4 is for VAICOM AUTO mode, and TX5 is for Intercomm. You also seem confused about what are the TX's. They are not HOTAS buttons but rather communications channels for communicating with VAICOM. You can map a HOTAS button to a TX in VoiceAttack, but you don't have to. VAICOM does not support MIDS communication. It's for communicating with the AI, and since no AI unit supports MIDS, neither does VAICOM PRO. If you want to use the MIDS channels with SRS you will need to bind those separately through SRS. Those bindings have nothing to do with TX channels even if bound to the same HOTAS button.

2. The way I handle this is as follows: I have a four-way hat that I bind to TX1, TX2, TX3, and TX5 in VoiceAttack using the instructions in the VAICOM manual. I bind the same buttons to radio selection for radios 1-3 and Intercom in SRS, but I deselect the SRS option for radio selection keys to also work as PTT. Instead I bind a separate PTT button for SRS. When I want to talk to the AI I use the appropriate 4 way hat button so that the communication goes over the corresponding TX to the AI only. Pushing this button also selects one of the SRS radios. When I want to talk on SRS I first select the SRS radio using a short press on the four way hat, then push the SRS PTT key to transmit on SRS. The SRS PTT key does not trigger a TX channel and so that communication goes only over SRS, not to VAICOM. If you want TX6 for VAICOM (rarely needed in my experience), or MIDS for SRS then you will need separate button bindings for those.

3. Say "JAYTACK" as one word, then a short pause, then "page." Keep the TX key pushed until you hear the confirmation beep. You can also use the callsign of an active JTAC recipient instead of "JAYTACK." For the AOCS page say "Crystal Palace" instead of "JAYTACK."

4. It's hard to know what the problem is. Possibly your TX channels are not bound properly in VoiceAttack. You might provide some screenshots of your TX keybindings in VoiceAttack so that we can see the details of the TX1 and TX2 bindings. It would also help if you would turn on VAICOM debug and then post the VoiceAttack log from when you are experiencing the trouble. Also post a screenshot of your VAICOM PTT page to make sure that TX1 shows up as active and not greyed out.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

Some answers:

1. You are misreading the manual. TX4 is for VAICOM AUTO mode, and TX5 is for Intercom. You also seem confused about what are the TX's. They are not HOTAS buttons but rather communications channels for communicating with VAICOM. You can map a HOTAS button to a TX in VoiceAttack, but you don't have to. VAICOM does not support MIDS communication. It's for communicating with the AI, and since no AI unit supports MIDS, neither does VAICOM PRO. If you want to use the MIDS channels with SRS you will need to bind those separately through SRS. Those bindings have nothing to do with TX channels even if bound to the same HOTAS button.

2. The way I handle this is as follows: I have a four-way hat that I bind to TX1, TX2, TX3, and TX5 in VoiceAttack using the instructions in the VAICOM manual. I bind the same buttons to radio selection for radios 1-3 and Intercom in SRS, but I deselect the SRS option for radio selection keys to also work as PTT. Instead I bind a separate PTT button for SRS. When I want to talk to the AI I use the appropriate 4 way hat button so that the communication goes over the corresponding TX to the AI only. Pushing this button also selects one of the SRS radios. When I want to talk on SRS I first select the SRS radio using a short press on the four way hat, then push the SRS PTT key to transmit on SRS. The SRS PTT key does not trigger a TX channel and so that communication goes only over SRS, not to VAICOM. If you want TX6 for VAICOM (rarely needed in my experience), or MIDS for SRS then you will need separate button bindings for those.

3. Say "JAYTACK" as one word, then a short pause, then "page." Keep the TX key pushed until you hear the confirmation beep. You can also use the callsign of an active JTAC recipient instead of "JAYTACK." For the AOCS page say "Crystal Palace" instead of "JAYTACK."

4. It's hard to know what the problem is. Possibly your TX channels are not bound properly in VoiceAttack. You might provide some screenshots of your TX keybindings in VoiceAttack so that we can see the details of the TX1 and TX2 bindings. It would also help if you would turn on VAICOM debug and then post the VoiceAttack log from when you are experiencing the trouble. Also post a screenshot of your VAICOM PTT page to make sure that TX1 shows up as active and not greyed out.

1.) Thanks and sorry, I mistyped.  I am aware that TX4 is AUTO and TX5 is intercom.  Also, I mapped my Mic switch the same way that the Viacom manual suggests so I was making the connection that the direction of the mic switch press equalled the TX node, however as you pointed out, that is not the case.  Your response made me realize that I don't need to have TX3, TX4, and TX6 mapped in Voice attack because I will only be using those to talk to real people DataLink/MIDS and Discord.  I just have to map those buttons in SRS. I'll give this a shot.

2.) Definitely not going to do it that way. One button push for PTT is how it works in the real plane and is a functional requirement.

3.) I'll try again.  I tied "JAYTAK Page" a number of times and couldn't get it to work. I was using the VSPX voice recognition engine; Im not sure if that makes a difference.  I have actually switch it back to the "regular" voice recognition engine because the VSPX engine doesn't support saying the name of the sender in your commands and I wanted to stick as closely as possible to the standard comms protocol and after using it for a while the inability to identify myself in my message was a deal breaker for me.

4.) I'll do some more config and some testing tonight and if I can reproduce the issue I'll post a log.

Thanks for the help.

3 minutes ago, melchionda said:

1.) Thanks and sorry, I mistyped.  I am aware that TX4 is AUTO and TX5 is intercom.  Also, I mapped my Mic switch the same way that the Viacom manual suggests so I was making the connection that the direction of the mic switch press equalled the TX node, however as you pointed out, that is not the case.  Your response made me realize that I don't need to have TX3, TX4, and TX6 mapped in Voice attack because I will only be using those to talk to real people DataLink/MIDS and Discord.  I just have to map those buttons in SRS. I'll give this a shot.

2.) Definitely not going to do it that way. One button push for PTT is how it works in the real plane and is a functional requirement.

3.) I'll try again.  I tied "JAYTAK Page" a number of times and couldn't get it to work. I was using the VSPX voice recognition engine; Im not sure if that makes a difference.  I have actually switch it back to the "regular" voice recognition engine because the VSPX engine doesn't support saying the name of the sender in your commands and I wanted to stick as closely as possible to the standard comms protocol and after using it for a while the inability to identify myself in my message was a deal breaker for me.

4.) I'll do some more config and some testing tonight and if I can reproduce the issue I'll post a log.

Thanks for the help.

On #2, if you want it realistic then you will let your SRS buddies hear your communication with the AI and so map the keys to activate SRS and VAICOM at the same time. (In the real plane they would hear those calls to ATC on the same frequency.) You would want to use "Instant Select" in that case along with Easy Comms OFF.

On #3 I've heard that others have problems with "JAYTACK" even though that's the way it's supposed to work per the manual. Try using the callsign of a JTAC instead. For example, "Anvil, page." This works for most of the other pages too. For example "Chief, page" will bring up the REF page. (Show Log and Show Notes are exceptions.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sthompson said:

On #2, if you want it realistic then you will let your SRS buddies hear your communication with the AI and so map the keys to activate SRS and VAICOM at the same time. (In the real plane they would hear those calls to ATC on the same frequency.) You would want to use "Instant Select" in that case along with Easy Comms OFF.

On #3 I've heard that others have problems with "JAYTACK" even though that's the way it's supposed to work per the manual. Try using the callsign of a JTAC instead. For example, "Anvil, page." This works for most of the other pages too. For example "Chief, page" will bring up the REF page. (Show Log and Show Notes are exceptions.)

Yes, if I am calling a Tanker then my teammates on the same frequency should hear that.  And to do that I have TX1 bound in Voice attack but its also bound in SRS.  (Thats how I have run it in the past).  

On another note, I think I have found my problem.  I had TX1 in Voice Attack and Radio 1 in SRS bound to the 3oclock position on the Mic Switch but Radio 1 in DCS was bound to the 12 oclock position.  I'm going to test this tonight to see if that fixes it.  I bet that was my issue. 

I wish the pages in the Kneeboard could be called up by the name that is shown on the Kneeboard tab so you dont have to remember more stuff!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, melchionda said:

I wish the pages in the Kneeboard could be called up by the name that is shown on the Kneeboard tab so you dont have to remember more stuff!

+1 makes sense. 

• Like 1

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP