VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Yes, if I am calling a Tanker then my teammates on the same frequency should hear that.  And to do that I have TX1 bound in Voice attack but its also bound in SRS.  (Thats how I have run it in the past).  
On another note, I think I have found my problem.  I had TX1 in Voice Attack and Radio 1 in SRS bound to the 3oclock position on the Mic Switch but Radio 1 in DCS was bound to the 12 oclock position.  I'm going to test this tonight to see if that fixes it.  I bet that was my issue. 
I wish the pages in the Kneeboard could be called up by the name that is shown on the Kneeboard tab so you dont have to remember more stuff!

It's recommended in VAICOM to not bind the PTTs in DCS at all to avoid conflict. The ONLY time I rebind those is if I am going to test something and I unhide the menu at the same time.

The trick for the kneeboard, is that you don't have to remember anything. It's very clever actually.
Every page has several options/ways to get to it.

Show log/ Show tasking order
AWACS...page/ANY AWACS name...page
JTAC...page/ANY JTAC name...page
ATC...page/ANY ATC name...page
Tanker...page/ANY tanker name...page
Flight...page/ANY part of flight name...page
Crystal Palace...page/I only remember one "name" on this
Crew...page/ANY Crew name...page
Show Notes/ Same here, only remember this one
Same goes for start/stop dictate

So, if you have to "auto browse/page" enabled top, it's even easier.
But I recommend start using it, it will come natural after a while, just like starting with VAICOM and get a hang of the commands the first time.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

It's recommended in VAICOM to not bind the PTTs in DCS at all to avoid conflict. The ONLY time I rebind those is if I am going to test something and I unhide the menu at the same time.

The trick for the kneeboard, is that you don't have to remember anything. It's very clever actually.
Every page has several options/ways to get to it.

Show log/ Show tasking order
AWACS...page/ANY AWACS name...page
JTAC...page/ANY JTAC name...page
ATC...page/ANY ATC name...page
Tanker...page/ANY tanker name...page
Flight...page/ANY part of flight name...page
Crystal Palace...page/I only remember one "name" on this
Crew...page/ANY Crew name...page
Show Notes/ Same here, only remember this one
Same goes for start/stop dictate

So, if you have to "auto browse/page" enabled top, it's even easier.
But I recommend start using it, it will come natural after a while, just like starting with VAICOM and get a hang of the commands the first time. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Regarding binding PTTs in DCS... seems like you would have to do that if you wanted to have your radio calls to AI and real people go out over the same frequency.  I've had it set that way for about a year and it works well in that my teammates can hear my radio calls out to the Tanker, Marshal, ATCs etc.  The only PTTs that I would not bind in voice attack are the PTTs that I know will only be used to talk to real people.  That is the adjustment I made last night and it seems to work really well.

So now I have.

Mic Switch 3 o'clock position: In Viacom Pro its mapped to PTT1, In DCS its mapped to Radio 1, In SRS its mapped to Radio 1

Mic Switch 6 o'clock position: In Viacom Pro its mapped to PTT2, In DCS its mapped to Radio 2, In SRS its mapped to Radio 2

Mic Switch 9 o'clock position: in Viacom Pro no mapping, In DCS its mapped to MIDS A, In SRS its mapped to Radio 3

Mic Switch 12 o'clock position: In Viacom Pro no mapping, In DCS its mapped to MIDS B, In SRS its mapped to Radio 4

Mic Switch Push In: In Viacom Pro no mapping, In DCS no mapping, In SRS no mapping, In Discord its mapped as Push To Talk

Random Button on one of my button boxes: In Viacom Pro its mapped to PTT5 - I use this to talk to the crew chief as well as talk to Voice Attack / ViacomPro to select Function buttons, (ie F1 through F12).  As for DCS and SRS there is no mapping for this button as its only for talking to Voice Attack / ViacomPro

---------------------------

Regarding navigating the Kneeboard. I'm pretty sure that those page name calls do not work if you use the VSPX voice recognition engine.  (That is the one that I was trying to use) I have since gone back to the "regular" one and its now much easier to navigate the Kneeboard.  Also, I'm pretty sure that the Auto browse isn't supported if you use the VSPX option.

Edited by melchionda

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Can't. Get. To.

The VAICOM PRO Configuration Window.

image.png

Click on the image.  Do you see how big the BIG WHITE BACKGROUND is of this screen?  For months, I could never get the VAICOM Pro Config Window to display.  It seemed to be locked to the Taskbar.  Then, just recently, I discovered:

image.png

The only way I can see the config window is to LCTRL+LALT+C while in VA:

image.png

nullnullnull...then Open Task Manager:

image.png

...and Right Click and "Maximize" VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

What gives?  Could not find this in any forums or support pages.  Am I the only one?

Please help!

Regards,

Curveball, #302

VFA-113 Virtual STINGERS

I'm new to Viacom pro and have been following this thread the last couple of weeks (I've almost decided to get Viacom Pro for SP). 

I really just want to say I'm very impressed how you @MAXsenna are always here to help people with any issues they got. Pretty amazing work 🙂 and a true example of how well these forums can work with the right people around. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

I'm new to Viacom pro and have been following this thread the last couple of weeks (I've almost decided to get Viacom Pro for SP). 
I really just want to say I'm very impressed how you @MAXsenna are always here to help people with any issues they got. Pretty amazing work  and a true example of how well these forums can work with the right people around. 
You are right -@MAXsenna is good and these forums do work very well

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I really just want to say I'm very impressed how you @MAXsenna are always here to help people with any issues they got. Pretty amazing work  and a true example of how well these forums can work with the right people around. 
Thank you for your kind words!
I just try to give a little back to the community anyway I can!
Cheers!

• Like 4

You might want to have a look at your monitor settings as i had this problem as well. VA probably thinks you have multiple monitors and is displaying the Configuration menu on the other one. It looks like you have a wide screen monitor and you're using a program to split them up, is that right?
Seems like it.
If for ever reason a window seems to go off screen, but is still visible in the Taskbar.
Select on it on the Taskbar, press LAlt+Space and you will have the default Windows windows menu. Use arrow keys down and select "move" with Enter. Use arrow keys to move it a little, and the window will get attached to the mouse pointer. Drag window to focus, click and release.
Cheers

• Thanks 1

I've been trying to get the interactive kneeboard to work, but cannot get any of the other pages to work. I can get everything else to respond to my voice commands but not this. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried redoing voice training, but it hasn't helped.. Do i have to set up something in settings at all?

I've been trying to get the interactive kneeboard to work, but cannot get any of the other pages to work. I can get everything else to respond to my voice commands but not this. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried redoing voice training, but it hasn't helped.. Do i have to set up something in settings at all?
What commands are you using?

What commands are you using?

Also, do you have auto browse turned on or off in the Vaicom settings?

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

OK. I have Auto browse selected in the Configuration window EX page. and pretty much all of them from the top row. I can't get voice attack to respond to any of the Interactive kneeboard commands.
What does the VA / Vaicom log show?

Nothing that i can see, mind you, i'm not sure what i'm looking for but there are certainly no failures.

Does it show the commands you are speaking and then say whether they are recognised or not?

On 11/15/2021 at 5:31 PM, melchionda said:

I wish the pages in the Kneeboard could be called up by the name that is shown on the Kneeboard tab so you dont have to remember more stuff!

One thing that helped me was setting up button presses to do next/prev tab for the kneeboard. I went that route at first because I was having issues getting some of the tabs to switch based on voice command... but then I also found I preferred having buttons instead of voice commands for the kneeboard. (Also make sure the NS430 module is disabled if you own it).

You should be able to setup your own voice attack commands using these plugin commands for whatever word you want to say, or to go the button press route.

Commands are listed in the manual around page 81:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Munkwolf

2 hours ago, Freakmeister51 said:

Nothing that i can see, mind you, i'm not sure what i'm looking for but there are certainly no failures.

To diagnose this it would be helpful to know what VoiceAttack is hearing. Perhaps turn on debug mode in VAICOM and then try a few commands, then post the VoiceAttack log here.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Is there any fix for lack of Recon command functionality in the KA50, I cant get it to work either like a previous poster mentioned, it just does not action in the game but the command appears to work in VAICOM.

Kick out to 5 miles etc.. 

Is there any fix for lack of Recon command functionality in the KA50, I cant get it to work either like a previous poster mentioned, it just does not action in the game but the command appears to work in VAICOM.

Kick out to 5 miles etc.. 
I did an extensive test on this in the training mission, and I can't get it to work as well.

7 minutes ago, HILOK said:

it use to work for sure with vaicom in the training mission! -but that was a long time ago...

Its such a shame, it makes the KA50 more fun than it already is with VAICOM functionality, I thought it used to work as well.

I may do it the macro way individually creating the button presses for each wingman and recon distance, bit of a pain tbh but there we go.

• Like 1