VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

15 hours ago, gsjward said:

Its such a shame, it makes the KA50 more fun than it already is with VAICOM functionality, I thought it used to work as well.

I may do it the macro way individually creating the button presses for each wingman and recon distance, bit of a pain tbh but there we go.

hollywood released an update today, dunno if it addresses the issue ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HILOK said:

There is no update to the changelog, so I wouldn't bet on it.
No change in the manual as well AFAIK.

EDIT: AIRIO update as well. Hopefully conflict with TACVIEW was fixed.

Edited by MAXsenna

hi @MAXsenna , pro question:  after a pc crash this evening, voice attack reported it had to reset all its settings due to a corrupted config file (in \AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com)... so i thought maybe best ask magic-max about the recommended course of action : )

is there any way to restore my old voice attack settings? -restoring the backup VoiceAttack.dat didnt do the trick, unfortunately

do i have to retrain voice recognition? 

thanks

• Like 1

hi @MAXsenna , pro question:  after a pc crash this evening, voice attack reported it had to reset all its settings due to a corrupted config file (in \AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com)... so i thought maybe best ask magic-max about the recommended course of action : )
is there any way to restore my old voice attack settings? -restoring the backup VoiceAttack.dat didnt do the trick, unfortunately
do i have to retrain voice recognition? 
thanks
Hopefully only settings in VA was affected. I've had this a couple of times lately. Had to re-add the joysticks in VA, set default profile etc.
VAICOM nor speech training were affected.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Good evening everyone, I have a problem with Vaicom Pro, I can't get any command to be executed, I can only change some pages of the Kneeboard, JTAC, ATC, Flight, AWACS, AAR and REF.
LOG and NOTES I can't open them, AOCS doesn't always open.
The CHATTERs are heard. But all the rest nothing, for example I call the tower for Request engine start but I don't get any answer.
And then every time I open Voice Attack the window of the new update comes out, the program updates, if I then close the program and reopen it, the request to update again comes out again.

Good evening everyone, I have a problem with Vaicom Pro, I can't get any command to be executed, I can only change some pages of the Kneeboard, JTAC, ATC, Flight, AWACS, AAR and REF.
LOG and NOTES I can't open them, AOCS doesn't always open.
The CHATTERs are heard. But all the rest nothing, for example I call the tower for Request engine start but I don't get any answer.
And then every time I open Voice Attack the window of the new update comes out, the program updates, if I then close the program and reopen it, the request to update again comes out again.

Edit. Answered in the thread you started.
Cheers

thanks so much, everyone, for the tips ! it seems to work fine 👍

had to re-import my vaicom profile and follow the voice attack settings instructions from the vaicom manual. also transitioned VA to 64bit by installing it over my previous 32bit version. worked as well. in case someone should lose their vaicom profile: this can be retrieved from VA's automatic backups 😀

• Like 1

So I was going through the process of making my own Recon commands and had trouble with the PTT key in DCS being american keys against my UK keyboard layout, but thats not the point of this message.

I forgot my new spoken phrase which should have been 'wing 2 recon 5 miles' and instead said kick out to 5 miles and it WORKED! I dont know how or why but thanks whoever/whatever. Maybe it only works on Fridays but whatever the reason thankyou it all seems to all be functioning as intended.

Now to see how many wingmen I can sacrifice.

• Like 1

So I was going through the process of making my own Recon commands and had trouble with the PTT key in DCS being american keys against my UK keyboard layout, but thats not the point of this message.
I forgot my new spoken phrase which should have been 'wing 2 recon 5 miles' and instead said kick out to 5 miles and it WORKED! I dont know how or why but thanks whoever/whatever. Maybe it only works on Fridays but whatever the reason thankyou it all seems to all be functioning as intended.
Now to see how many wingmen I can sacrifice.

Cool! I might retest later. Thanks!

Request for future feature for the viacom pro kneeboard: Ability to use dcs inbuilt tab functionality to move between the tabs? 

I really like the capabilities of viacom pro, but sometimes it would be nice just leveraging the ability to use the kneeboard without relying on voice to move to a particular tab. From what I understand there are not ability to do that today such as using keyboard shorcuts in VA or similar. 

Edited by inexus
  • Like 2

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

Seems like mi-24 wingmen commands are not send unless the radio menu is opened. It recognizes the command nothing happens, then press the ingame bind radio menu for the correct radio and you can see on the top left text the command actually being send then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, inexus said:
Request for future feature for the viacom pro kneeboard: Ability to use dcs inbuilt tab functionality to move between the tabs? 
I really like the capabilities of viacom pro, but sometimes it would be nice just leveraging the ability to use the kneeboard without relying on voice to move to a particular tab. From what I understand there are not ability to do that today such as using keyboard shorcuts in VA or similar. 

You can use joystick buttons if you make your own VoiceAttack commands.
Page 81 in the manual for referance.

image.png

Make a new command in VA.

image.png

image.png

EDIT: Couldn't get this to work with a POV hat. There is probably a solution to this, but didn't bother to research more. This is a VA issue anyway, and not a VAICOM one.

Edited by MAXsenna
Missing text
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 9:19 PM, gsjward said:

Is there any fix for lack of Recon command functionality in the KA50, I cant get it to work either like a previous poster mentioned, it just does not action in the game but the command appears to work in VAICOM.

Kick out to 5 miles etc.. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:59 PM, gsjward said:

Its such a shame, it makes the KA50 more fun than it already is with VAICOM functionality, I thought it used to work as well.

I may do it the macro way individually creating the button presses for each wingman and recon distance, bit of a pain tbh but there we go.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, HILOK said:

I can confirm that this is now working again! 😊

• Thanks 2

Hi,

I have vaicom pro, and I fly the Huey.

In the Huey, is it possible with vaicom pro to select AM/FM radio frequencies?

I have tried the commands I see in the settings for select, but seems it does nothing.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

14 hours ago, harf4ng said:

Hi,

I have vaicom pro, and I fly the Huey.

In the Huey, is it possible with vaicom pro to select AM/FM radio frequencies?

I have tried the commands I see in the settings for select, but seems it does nothing.

Thanks

Depends. The "Select channel and frequency" commands only work in a few newer modules. I have never made it work in the Huey, even if the command is recognized. 
"Select Batumi" will tune to Batumi though.

As for the other radios/frequencies, I suggest you download Bailey's and piggyback it into the VAICOM profile.
Cheers!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306206/

On 12/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, MAXsenna said:

Depends. The "Select channel and frequency" commands only work in a few newer modules. I have never made it work in the Huey, even if the command is recognized. 
"Select Batumi" will tune to Batumi though.

As for the other radios/frequencies, I suggest you download Bailey's and piggyback it into the VAICOM profile.
Cheers!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306206/

Thanks I'll have a look at this.
So in fact vaicom pro is unable to select a given frequency? I mean, not the frequency of a given town/tower, but a manual frequency we need?

• Like 1

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

8 minutes ago, harf4ng said:

Thanks I'll have a look at this.
So in fact vaicom pro is unable to select a given frequency? I mean, not the frequency of a given town/tower, but a manual frequency we need?

Its primary mission is giving commands to the AI, hence the name vAIcom. Cockpit tasks are not part of the core functionality. That said, Hollywood has added some support where he can. "Select Tunes Radio" being a prime example.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

In fact I think I really use 1% of the possibility of vaicom, and even 1% is maybe too much ^^ And I bought the full version of vaicom with all the included optional modules I do not use ^^

I fly nearly only with a team, and we barely have to speak to AI at all... so for now I used vaicom only for radio menu, mostly to ask for repair / armement. btw if you want to refuel at a farp you have to ask for weapons instead in vaicom right? The ask for refuel stuff I think is to ask for an air air refueling? Maybe I'll change that, no need for air refueling in the huey, and I would like to be able to call for weapons OR fuel for that.

Unfortunately with my team we use a lot of customized F10 menu so impossible to well integrate that into vaicom so I still use the menu... just that I use it through vaicom with "menu" then "choice 10", and so on...

Edited by harf4ng
  • Thanks 1

In fact I think I really use 1% of the possibility of vaicom, and even 1% is maybe too much ^^ And I bought the full version of vaicom with all the included optional modules I do not use ^^
I fly nearly only with a team, and we barely have to speak to AI at all... so for now I used vaicom only for radio menu, mostly to ask for repair / armement. btw if you want to refuel at a farp you have to ask for weapons instead in vaicom right? The ask for refuel stuff I think is to ask for an air air refueling? Maybe I'll change that, no need for air refueling in the huey, and I would like to be able to call for weapons OR fuel for that.
Unfortunately with my team we use a lot of customized F10 menu so impossible to well integrate that into vaicom so I still use the menu... just that I use it through vaicom with "menu" then "choice 10", and so on...

"Request refuelling" will start refuelling on ground without opening a menu. Same with "requests repair", but it seems you've figured that out already.
I will highly recommend read/skim through the manual, it's very good. Especially the command part, to familiarise yourself with what's possible.

Are your team using the same commands/missions over and over?
Select "Import menus" in the VAICOM control panel. Now you will find the F10 commands in the keywords editor with a preceding "action". Change the commands to your liking, and do the "finish step".
I like to make an alias instead of changing the command, so I can always find/see the original command.
Word of note. Export/import of the database with these commands will not work out of the box, for backup/restore purposes. In case anything gets broke/corrupted. I believe you will need to reply the missions with the import enabled, before restoring. Thoug I've never tested that.

Unfortunately no, the commands are not always the same. They could be the same but I'm not sure they are always at the same place in the menus...

Though maybe some are, I have to check that for the most used ones, like embark or disembark troops...

Unfortunately no, the commands are not always the same. They could be the same but I'm not sure they are always at the same place in the menus...
Though maybe some are, I have to check that for the most used ones, like embark or disembark troops...

Right. I might have been a little confusing.
I'll try to more specific.
Does it happen that you will replay a mission? If yes, then you can do my suggestion, else it won't work.

Example. In the CSAR server, since mission is always the same. I can sa "rope length xx", and it works every time.

For VAICOM alone, placement in the menu is not important, as that's not really how VAICOM works/treats them. VAICOM doesn't use the menu/F keys at all. It works in the background communicating with DCS through the network actually.
So, when a special F10 menu command exists in a mission. It will have some sort of ID, and that's what VAICOM is using, hence it will not work between missions. So even if the commands are identical between missions, and do the same thing, it will not work.

Now, you can "trick it", by using ordinary VoiceAttack commands, if the placements are the same, it's fairly easy. Needs some work on your part though. Because VAICOM supports variables, and will know the name of the mission. You should be able to make your own "key press" macros for the different missions too. Just a tip.
So, if the placements are the same, let's say for "disembark", you make a VA command that triggers the correct F key sequence.
If not, you make different macros for the different missions, but you let VA through VAICOM variables trigger the correct sequence depending on the mission name. And whenever there's a new mission, add a new macro with the corresponding mission name. Once setup, it will take you a couple of minutes to do it.
If you need more info, feel free to ask.
Cheers!

Hi,

I use VAICOM Pro in TX Link mode with SRS. I can do the short TX button press without any issue. The command gets recognized executed and Vaicom suspens again.

Addionally I want to daisy chain my own Voice Attack profile, so I can get voice commands for a few things I need in VR (mainly holding down the FCS Bit switch in the FA-18 and for setting SRS overlay modes".

So I created a second voice attack profile with commands in them and linked them in the Vaicom Voice Attack profile under "Include commands fron other profiles".

If I tap the TX button now, I can say the commands from my own profile as well. They get executed as well, but unforteuneatly, Voice Attack/Vaicom does not go back to "Listening suspended" After my own command executed.

How can I fix that?

Regards

Raskil