VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Kneeboard is working but just doesn't have that polished look like it did in the past.  Missing the default kneeboard round edge trim now (running OB 2.7).  Anybody else seeing the same thing?  And why such a dirty background now, makes is so dang hard to read.

Before

Interactive Kneeboard VAICOM Pro Digital Combat Simulator DCS World - YouTube 2021-12-14 at 11.27.52 AM.jpg

Current :

DCS VAICOM Addon KNEEBOARD - YouTube 2021-12-14 at 11.26.33 AM.jpg

1 hour ago, *Moxie* said:

Kneeboard is working but just doesn't have that polished look like it did in the past.  Missing the default kneeboard round edge trim now (running OB 2.7).  Anybody else seeing the same thing?  And why such a dirty background now, makes is so dang hard to read.

Before

Interactive Kneeboard VAICOM Pro Digital Combat Simulator DCS World - YouTube 2021-12-14 at 11.27.52 AM.jpg

Current :

DCS VAICOM Addon KNEEBOARD - YouTube 2021-12-14 at 11.26.33 AM.jpg

The dirty background is a "feature" not a bug. It's documented in the manual that it gets dirtier the longer you are in a mission. It certainly seems overdone in your screenshot, and you might want to start a separate thread in the main VAICOM forum to bring it to Hollywood's attention.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

9 hours ago, sthompson said:

The dirty background is a "feature" not a bug. It's documented in the manual that it gets dirtier the longer you are in a mission. It certainly seems overdone in your screenshot, and you might want to start a separate thread in the main VAICOM forum to bring it to Hollywood's attention.

Missed that in the manual,thanks for the heads up.

Is there a way to disable it? Gets hard to read in VR after a little while!
Quite frankly this "dirty thing" was news to me. I've been a user of the keyboard extension from the get go, and I've never noticed it. I have reduced the transparency a little, 2D though, maybe that's it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi if I enable the Rel Hot switch commands are not accepted.
How do I fix this, or is it a bug?

rel-hot.thumb.png.b9e4f930e54cce1a4487ce05067b3fb6.png

Not a bug, works perfectly, but it's really only intended for ordinary VoiceAttack and AIRIO commands. Standard VAICOM commands, like the "kneeboard" command you're trying needs a TX to be pushed.
Now, a few versions back one didn't need a TX for the kneeboard command, so I agree, this is a step backwards in the latest version.
Cheers!

Hello everyone,

Been a while since I've had everything set up. When I hit the button for PTT I'm getting the Viacom static sound, But I'm also getting a clunking sound upon release. Both the push and release are assigned in the Viacom profile. 

Any ideas? 

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

30 minutes ago, strike277 said:

Hello everyone,

Been a while since I've had everything set up. When I hit the button for PTT I'm getting the Viacom static sound, But I'm also getting a clunking sound upon release. Both the push and release are assigned in the Viacom profile. 

Any ideas? 

You should be getting static sounds on both push and release. A VAICOM error generates a "thud" sound if you have UI hints turned on (which is the default), and this may happen upon release for various reasons. Turn on debugging and check the log to see if this is happening. Another possibility is that the sound is coming from other software bound to the same button (e.g. SRS, Teamspeak, etc.).

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi Max that error comes up with a Tx pushed, if I turn off Rel-Hot then it works but of course the Spitfire profile doesn't.
Oh! Really? Hmmm, that should not happen. The error usually means that the TX/PTT is not pressed.
Could you try holding it for half a second longer? I know some had had issues with that before!
Cheers!

Hello everyone,
Any ideas? 
As @sthompson writes, but also check your settings in VoiceAttack, it does too have some "thumps" sounds if enabled.
Cheers!

Having some off behavior ...

1: The Vaicom config window doesn't display the aircraft I'm using. Only shows "Easy Communication Off"

2: Something is randomly triggering the in game comms menu off/on.

Got it sorted: Had to remap my DCS install path, and unbind \ mapped from a mouse button.

Edited by Sr.
Sorted

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I just updated DCS Open Beta to the latest version. Since that time I cannot launch Viacom Pro. When I use the shortcut the icon just blinks in the taskbar and disappears. I have uninstalled VIACOM Pro and VA, deleted all VIACOM folders in the game and the export.lua. Reinstalled VA then Viacom and still the same thing. Voiceattack will launch (with administrator) without any problems. 

Anyone have suggestions? 

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:22 PM, Steel Jaw said:

"Command xxx is currently disabled for this session and was not executed" ... thoughts please.

Thoughts please.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I swear I spend more time fixing, reinstalling & trying to troubleshoot this app than actually flying 😡

Now, whenever I try to use the Notes/Dictation I get stuck in and endless loop.

I say Start Dictate"... dictation starts, works just as expected, but "END DICTATE" does nothing. So I'm stuck in dictation mode and VA then ignores most every other command or records it in the Notes.

The Vaicom systray icon will display "Check status with VA". While I'm issuing END DICTATE with e VA window open it shows "PTT:Use an active TX mode"

The commands and expected behavior are fine until I actually run DCS and try to use the kneeboard/ dictate feature.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Another issue: If I'm flying out of Nellis and select Kneeboard/ATC, I get Krymsk  🤨

And, if I run a campaign (Iron Flag in particular),  all of my PTT  TX buttons are disabled and all that is left is TX5 INT.

--Arthur C Clark

"Command xxx is currently disabled for this session and was not executed" ... thoughts please.
Try to hold the TX button a little longer. Or if it happens in the beginning of a mission, just give it a little time and spam a TX button. Make sure you hear the squelch.
I really had this problem with the 2.5.25 update and had to revert to 2.5.24.
But with latest 2.5.26 it's mostly gone (99.99%) if I have do as above, and it varies a little from module to module.

• Like 1

I swear I spend more time fixing, reinstalling & trying to troubleshoot this app than actually flying 

Now, whenever I try to use the Notes/Dictation I get stuck in and endless loop.
I say Start Dictate"... dictation starts, works just as expected, but "END DICTATE" does nothing. So I'm stuck in dictation mode and VA then ignores most every other command or records it in the Notes.
The Vaicom systray icon will display "Check status with VA". While I'm issuing END DICTATE with e VA window open it shows "PTT:Use an active TX mode"
The commands and expected behavior are fine until I actually run DCS and try to use the kneeboard/ dictate feature.
See post #7126 above, and make sure the TX you use does actually exist in the module your flying.
I never do any re-install, as that is just a waste of time. But the export.lua can get "corrupted".
Always make sure VA is closed when updating DCS, and started BEFORE DCS again. Best way to achieve this is to always use command line or even better, Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher. It really should be part of DCS.
I admit I haven't tried the latest OpenBeta yet though.

Another issue: If I'm flying out of Nellis and select Kneeboard/ATC, I get Krymsk  

And, if I run a campaign (Iron Flag in particular),  all of my PTT  TX buttons are disabled and all that is left is TX5 INT.
1. DCS have a bug. Restart DCS before switching to another theatre after flying in Caucasus.

2. Not sure how a campaign might wreck things, but I'm noe ME virtuoso.

I'm reading about strange behaviour lately after the new Voice Chat update. Did you map the VAICOM TX switches to the same buttons in control settings?

7 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

See post #7126 above, and make sure the TX you use does actually exist in the module your flying.
I never do any re-install, as that is just a waste of time. But the export.lua can get "corrupted".
Always make sure VA is closed when updating DCS, and started BEFORE DCS again. Best way to achieve this is to always use command line or even better, Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher. It really should be part of DCS.
I admit I haven't tried the latest OpenBeta yet though.

1. DCS have a bug. Restart DCS before switching to another theatre after flying in Caucasus.

2. Not sure how a campaign might wreck things, but I'm noe ME virtuoso.

I'm reading about strange behaviour lately after the new Voice Chat update. Did you map the VAICOM TX switches to the same buttons in control settings?

I don't have anything mapped in DCS controls, as per the installation instructions.

And I get the Krymsk kneeboard/ATC bug in any aircraft whether I firstrun NTTC or not.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

I don't have anything mapped in DCS controls, as per the installation instructions.

And I get the Krymsk kneeboard/ATC bug in any aircraft whether I firstrun NTTC or not.
Hmmm, we'll have to see if any others have problems after the update then.

VAICOM gets info directly from DCS. I would try a full repair if you constantly get this error. But first. What happens if you contact Nellis ATC and not the kneeboard?

Hey there, 

after a long time i am trying to get my hands on that VoiceAttack again. I read all through this thread and someone had the same issue as I. It got fixed by a hotfix but I am experiencing the same error while importing the vaicom profile for DCS and getting this error: 

image.png

it says: [error in the XML-Dcument [0,0] Main element is not existend.

Any Ideas how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly: