VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

37 minutes ago, tomeye said:

Tested with all helis and only huey seems to have the issue with delayed options etc. Is there any debug log I can enable to further troubleshoot?

Not in VAICOM as far as I've seen. A year ago the Ka-50 had the same issue. To overcome I had to spam the DCS radio trigger. I think some of the WWII modules also have this issue, and the A-4E-C community module had the same issue last time I tried it. 

So I think it's not a delay per say, but how the "communication" gets qeued in DCS. Maybe it will get better and solved forever with multicore and a revamped ATC/comms tech in DCS itself. But it is strange that it doesn't happen to all modules. 

I've also seen this in the past with the Mi-8 if I'm out of radio coverage/LoS. Could even be related to the new Voice Comms. But I'm not at home, so I cannot test with on my Stable install. 

I think you are right because I notice that hitting "\" on the keyboard it works inconsistently or let's say it has the same behavior with vaicom. I will post it in the huey forum because it could be a bug introduced with recent update/

42 minutes ago, tomeye said:

I think you are right because I notice that hitting "\" on the keyboard it works inconsistently or let's say it has the same behavior with vaicom. I will post it in the huey forum because it could be a bug introduced with recent update/

Yeah, saw your post. In some modules "\" only work on ground. You might want to try "RAlt+\". 

1 minute ago, tomeye said:

I tried both but it's inconsistent, sometimes work some others not.

Really, that's interesting. Come to think of it. The menu has always been available for me when using the DCS comms button, unless I hide the menu in VAICOM.

Well, let's see if you get any answers in that other thread. 👍🏻

I wonder if something is wrong on my side, can you give it a try? Just hit the "\" couple times in huey, some times it will not display the menu.

33 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Really, that's interesting. Come to think of it. The menu has always been available for me when using the DCS comms button, unless I hide the menu in VAICOM.

Well, let's see if you get any answers in that other thread. 👍🏻

Anyone know how to add new player callsigns to the DB? Latest DCS beta* update has more call signs that can be assigned to a slot.

They're listed below:

Viper, Venom, Lobo, Cowboy, Python, Rattler, Panther, Wolf, Weasel, Wild, Ninja, and Jedi

Edited by Cat Scooter
* - added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SundownSix said:

@Hollywood_315, would it be possible to have an option to turn off the VAICOM PRO Kneeboard Extension in the settings for times when it's not wanted?

This Please!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hi,

Is vaicom pro supposed to work well with windows 11? Yesterday I was unable to have the communication menu to appear with the command "menu". I checked in voiceattack and it recon my "menu" speaking, but nothing appears. Though last week it worked I think and I was with Windows 11 too.

And I was unable to use the keybind for menu as well... so maybe a bug of some kind, unsure.

If we use vaicom pro for the F10 menu, can we still use the keybind to popup the menu if we need to? Or does vaicom pro replaces that, and the keybind becomes unusable? Notice I didn't ask vaicom pro to hide the menu.

Thanks

Edited by harf4ng

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

1 hour ago, harf4ng said:

Hi,

Is vaicom pro supposed to work well with windows 11? Yesterday I was unable to have the communication menu to appear with the command "menu". I checked in voiceattack and it recon my "menu" speaking, but nothing appears. Though last week it worked I think and I was with Windows 11 too.

And I was unable to use the keybind for menu as well... so maybe a bug of some kind, unsure.

If we use vaicom pro for the F10 menu, can we still use the keybind to popup the menu if we need to? Or does vaicom pro replaces that, and the keybind becomes unusable? Notice I didn't ask vaicom pro to hide the menu.

Thanks

VAICOM should only be dependent of VoiceAttack, and not Windows version. In the VoiceAttack Discord they said that the Speech Recognition engine in 11 is same as in 10. So it should work as before. 

VAICOM doesn't replace the menu, but some modules have issues after latest OB update. Menu should pop up if you use the in game PTT and haven't selected to hide the menus. 

Cheers! 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, MAXsenna said:

VAICOM should only be dependent of VoiceAttack, and not Windows version. In the VoiceAttack Discord they said that the Speech Recognition engine in 11 is same as in 10. So it should work as before. 

VAICOM doesn't replace the menu, but some modules have issues after latest OB update. Menu should pop up if you use the in game PTT and haven't selected to hide the menus. 

Cheers! 

Unsure what happens then...

I'm unable to have it work. To display the menu, this is the "Options" keyword right? I say the keyword, it displays in voiceattack that it reconned "options", then "TX1 SEL/AUTO Show Options", but nothing appears in game...

Any idea?

Thanks

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

2 minutes ago, harf4ng said:

Unsure what happens then...

I'm unable to have it work. To display the menu, this is the "Options" keyword right? I say the keyword, it displays in voiceattack that it reconned "options", then "TX1 SEL/AUTO Show Options", but nothing appears in game...

Any idea?

Thanks

What module? And are you keeping the TX pressed? 

28 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

What module? And are you keeping the TX pressed? 

UH-1H, and yes, I press it, say my word, then release the key.

Though it worked well before, dunno why it stopped working. Voiceattack recon my word, display it in its window, but then the module does nothing.

If I create a manual command in voice attack, to hit the menu key when I say "menu" for instance, it works and displays the comm menu. Seems there is a plugin issue? Maybe something wrecks my installation and I should delete vaicom pro, voice attack, and install it again? Unsure though how to uninstall all this and be sure no file or settings are still there... 

5 hours ago, harf4ng said:

UH-1H, and yes, I press it, say my word, then release the key.

Though it worked well before, dunno why it stopped working. Voiceattack recon my word, display it in its window, but then the module does nothing.

If I create a manual command in voice attack, to hit the menu key when I say "menu" for instance, it works and displays the comm menu. Seems there is a plugin issue? Maybe something wrecks my installation and I should delete vaicom pro, voice attack, and install it again? Unsure though how to uninstall all this and be sure no file or settings are still there... 

As written elsewhere there are issues currently with the Huey. 

VAICOM uses the network to communicate with DCS and not the comms menu or keybinds like ordinary VoiceAttack commands. 

Re-installations of VA/VAICOM will never help you.

There are other modules that have issues after the latest OB patch, so like @nosebruisewrote, you can probably downgrade OB to previous version if you're SP only.

What you can do is two things though. What seems to happen is that the commands gets qeued up or stuck. So if you spam the TX it seems to get things working.

Or you can unhide the comms menu in VAICOM control panel and map your TX to the PTT in the DCS, and you get the menu and you can use it. 

I flew several missions with the Huey today, and once I spammed the TX to get it working, it took a while before it happened again. 

Cheers! 

Ok I'll drop vaicom pro for now then, as I'm only flying the Huey, and only in multiplayer, so I cannot downgrade.

Thanks for the info then...

What do you mean by spamming the TX? Doing our voice command as it should be, then push the tx joystick button several times without saying new orders?

Hope there will be an update to vaicom pro to have it work. I doubt ED will make an update to have vaicom pro work ^^

Guess this is also why I do not see the huey in the PTT window ? Just "------".

Thanks

Edited by harf4ng

14 hours ago, harf4ng said:

Ok I'll drop vaicom pro for now then, as I'm only flying the Huey, and only in multiplayer, so I cannot downgrade.

What do you mean by spamming the TX? Doing our voice command as it should be, then push the tx joystick button several times without saying new orders?

Hope there will be an update to vaicom pro to have it work. I doubt ED will make an update to have vaicom pro work ^^

Thanks

Spamming the TX = pressing it repeatedly without issuing any command. 

Your Huey isn't identified in the control panel? No wonder why you have issues. It will NEVER work if you don't have the module identified. I don't have that problem. Try another module. If you have the same issue, we can help you solve it. 

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Spamming the TX = pressing it repeatedly without issuing any command. 

Your Huey isn't identified in the control panel? No wonder why you have issues. It will NEVER work if you don't have the module identified. I don't have that problem. Try another module. If you have the same issue, we can help you solve it. 

I do not normally fly helos but I decided to run the Huey startup training mission last night to check on this. I also found that VAICOM PRO was not identifying the Huey. I haven't had this problem with other modules.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

7 hours ago, sthompson said:

I do not normally fly helos but I decided to run the Huey startup training mission last night to check on this. I also found that VAICOM PRO was not identifying the Huey. I haven't had this problem with other modules.

Close DCS, close VA, start VA and start DCS. Then it should be fine again. Seems there are some issues I haven't seen before. If I switch between modules, this seems to happen, especially involving the new UH-60L module. 

Cheers! 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, harf4ng said:

Thanks

Another tip, temporarily turn on Easy Comms, and your Huey should be fine when recognised. 

Cheers! 

Edited by MAXsenna