VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Easy comm has always been ON.

btw, I know we should start voice attack with admin rights, but should we start DCS with admin rights too?

And so with a new computer startup, I started VA, I then started DCS, and the Huey is not recon. I think VA recon DCS because when I had a message from AI plane, I saw an information in the VA window.

But I think I should have a setup issue, as the F14 is not recon as well. I think I'll come back to the handbook and read it again to be sure I didn't miss something...

Thanks for the help

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

22 minutes ago, harf4ng said:

Easy comm has always been ON.

btw, I know we should start voice attack with admin rights, but should we start DCS with admin rights too?

And so with a new computer startup, I started VA, I then started DCS, and the Huey is not recon. I think VA recon DCS because when I had a message from AI plane, I saw an information in the VA window.

But I think I should have a setup issue, as the F14 is not recon as well. I think I'll come back to the handbook and read it again to be sure I didn't miss something...

Thanks for the help

Hmmm, interesting. 

For me it's only the Viggen that is not recognised. 

Are you gonna be dedicated to the Huey for the time beeing? If yes, I have an idea you can try that have been working for others. Downgrade VAICOM to 2.5.24. The only thing you'll miss is the Mossie and latest AIRIO/Jester support.

I'll actually do that myself as I'm only going to spend time in the A-10C I/II, C-101 and Huey for the time beeing. My issues are different though.

Happy to help and, no, no need to run DCS as admin. 

Cheers! 

Yes, I do fly only the Huey. I have a lot of planes but I just fly the Huey.

I tried downgrading do 2.5.24 and it changed nothing. I just have to replace the .dll by the old one from 2.5.24 right?

Also I tried to switch game language from french to english, but changed nothing as well.

Though even if it does not seem to work (it does not recon my helicopter) seems the plugin works because it detected an allied plane which went airborne, I saw this message in voice attack...

This is the debug of my installation :

10:13:54.075 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.
10:13:54.068 Ready for commands.
10:13:54.068 Startup finished.
10:13:54.053 Listening suspended
10:13:53.973 Chatter initialized. 
10:13:53.973 Resources added. 
10:13:53.971 Adding chatter resources.. Default
10:13:53.971 Chatter theme set to Default
10:13:53.970 Adding themepack collections
10:13:53.965 No new DCS modules to import.
10:13:53.964 Success.
10:13:53.964 Building master labels table...
10:13:53.964 Success.
10:13:53.958 Building kneeboard tables...
10:13:53.956 Success.
10:13:53.954 Building master keywords table...
10:13:53.954 Adding 0 imported menu commands.
10:13:53.939 Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
10:13:53.926 Done.
10:13:53.926 Updating aliases..
10:13:53.925 Success.
10:13:53.924 Loading F10 menu items...
10:13:53.924 Success.
10:13:53.916 Writing updates.
10:13:53.847 Loading keywords database...
10:13:53.823 Checking VA profile.
10:13:53.812 DCS World version STEAM not found.
10:13:53.808    6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
10:13:53.807    Reset: gameMessages.lua
10:13:53.807    Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
10:13:53.807    Reset: common.lua
10:13:53.806    Reset: speech.lua
10:13:53.805    Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
10:13:53.805    Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
10:13:53.804    Unchanged: Export.lua
10:13:53.804    Saved Games folder = C:\Users\harf4ng\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
10:13:53.802    Install path = S:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
10:13:53.802    Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta
10:13:53.802 DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta
10:13:53.802 DCS World version 2.5 not found.
10:13:53.790 Executing automatic lua code installation.
10:13:53.558 License: PRO
10:13:53.558 Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
10:13:51.498 New update available!
10:13:51.029 Initializing..
10:13:51.029 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
10:13:51.029 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
10:13:50.800 Plugin support enabled.

And thanks for the help 🙂 It worked before unsure what changed.

Could it be because of Windows 11? Is vaicom pro not compatible with Windows 11?

Edited by harf4ng

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

@harf4ng

For kicks, try another module. If that one is also not shown in the control panel, you have another issue. We'll tackle that.

Changing language will not resolve anything, as VAICOM is not dependent on it. VoiceAttack is. 😊 

Yes, just replace the dll, and disable upgrade checking in the VAICOM control panel.

Hmmm, interesting that is show radio messages. At least it's connected to DCS then. Others have reported problems in the Huey in general, not related to VAICOM.

VAICOM is dependent on VoiceAttack, and VoiceAttack works in Win11.

Salut!

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

@harf4ng

For kicks, try another module. If that one is also not shown in the control panel, you have another issue. We'll tackle that.

I tried several modules, and none is displayed in PTT info window...

3 minutes ago, harf4ng said:

I tried several modules, and none is displayed in PTT info window...

Close DCS, close VA. 

Rename export.lua, start VA, start DCS. 

Check if it works, if not, close both, do a full repair of DCS, rename export.lua again, start VA then DCS. 

56 minutes ago, Hollywood_315 said:

Hi all - current PTT issue with the UH-1H module is acknowledged and will be addressed in next plugin update.
Thanks

Thanks. I have my "disabled command" issue again. Is there anywhere I can get all the different versions of 2.5.26? 

Edited by MAXsenna

Hello! I experience a problem when I put into mission F-16 other than USA. For example - Greece belong Blue coalition, when I choose Greece F-16 slot, I can't hear nor ATC, nor AWACS and e.t. There is no problem with Greece A-10C (any country of blue coalition). For US F-16 all works perfectly, unlike any other country F-16.
Could anybody help to solve it? 

____

UPD/ Cancel Distress. This some kind of floating bug independent of country.

Edited by muffler

VR Pimax 8KX, i9-9900KF, RTX 2080Ti, RAM 32GB, SSD 970 EVO+ 1TB.

http://forum.aviaraf.ru

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the bug when your Config GUI will no longer display on your screen? You get the taskbar window showing it is open...and if you go to task manager, you can maximize it...but I seem unable to get just the small sized Config menu to display anymore. I believe it happened after I dragged that GUI over to my aux monitor. It worked fine while it was open...but after closing out that session...it has never come back up. Just the tab in the task bar.

I have searched and found a couple others who have experienced this...but have not seen a fix. Hoping there is one out there...but at least I can still access it through the maximize function, I guess.

Very strange bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

5 hours ago, Spool said:

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the bug when your Config GUI will no longer display on your screen? You get the taskbar window showing it is open...and if you go to task manager, you can maximize it...but I seem unable to get just the small sized Config menu to display anymore. I believe it happened after I dragged that GUI over to my aux monitor. It worked fine while it was open...but after closing out that session...it has never come back up. Just the tab in the task bar.

I have searched and found a couple others who have experienced this...but have not seen a fix. Hoping there is one out there...but at least I can still access it through the maximize function, I guess.

Very strange bug.

It's a Windows thing. Absolutely not a bug. It's just outside your desktop. Like you wrote. 😉

Use Windows default keybind "LAlt + Space", you'll get a menu, use arrow keys to highlight "Move", press "Enter", touch one arrow and the window will stick to your mouse pointer and you can drag it back to focus. Click to release it.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

It's a Windows thing. Absolutely not a bug. It's just outside your desktop. Like you wrote. 😉

Use Windows default keybind "LAlt + Space", you'll get a menu, use arrow keys to highlight "Move", press "Enter", touch one arrow and the window will stick to your mouse pointer and you can drag it back to focus. Click to release it.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Thanks Max, I will give it a try. I have tried the move selection with a right click in the task bar, but when I click the desktop, it does not relocate. So, hopefully your method will yield better results!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Well Max, unfortunately no dice. The menu comes up when I press LAlt Space, and when I click Move I get the four way arrow...but when I click anywhere on main display, nothing happens. Of note, when I press LAlt+Space, the menu comes up on the right edge of the main display, but the Config GUI is not there, or on the second monitor to the right of the main display. I suspect the only way to resolve this will be a complete reinstall of VIACOM...and since I can find the GUI through maximizing the window via Task Manager, I don't feel like going through that pain. thanks for the help though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, Spool said:

Well Max, unfortunately no dice. The menu comes up when I press LAlt Space, and when I click Move I get the four way arrow...but when I click anywhere on main display, nothing happens. Of note, when I press LAlt+Space, the menu comes up on the right edge of the main display, but the Config GUI is not there, or on the second monitor to the right of the main display. I suspect the only way to resolve this will be a complete reinstall of VIACOM...and since I can find the GUI through maximizing the window via Task Manager, I don't feel like going through that pain. thanks for the help though!

Reinstallation of VAICOM will never do you any good.

But I guess you didn't completely read my post. 😉 After you click move, or rather use the arrow keys (on your keyboard) and press enter. Use the arrow keys, (still on the keyboard), and move just a little, and the it gets attached to the mouse pointer and you can drag it into focus, and you click with left mouse button to release it. Do not click until you have it in focus on the screen you want. 😊 

• Thanks 1

Separate issue...REALLY hoping this one is an easy fix.

Working to get the TX Link function working so I can use VIACOM with MP. Have the VA commands set up as per the manual for TX Link. Function works as advertised BEFORE getting in the Hornet. Even while in the DCS menu, a short press of the Comm 1 switch on throttle opens up listening, a second short press mutes listening.

image.png

However, once getting in the aircraft...it now takes THREE short presses of the Comm 1 to get VIACOM to start listening for commands. A fourth short press will make it stop listening. Then, another three are required to get it listening again.image.png

Has anyone dealt with this? I cannot figure out why it works the way it is supposed to BEFORE I get in the jet...then after I'm in it...it takes three activations of the Comm 1 to get it to start listening. Also, why does the log look like it is actually resetting itself, listing me entering the module multiple times...I was just sitting in the aircraft the whole time in this log. The double blue box "Listening resumed" followed immediately by "listening suspended" is messing things up. But again, I can't understand why it is behaving differently once I am in the pit, but works correctly outside the aircraft?

3 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Reinstallation of VAICOM will never do you any good.

But I guess you didn't completely read my post. 😉 After you click move, or rather use the arrow keys (on your keyboard) and press enter. Use the arrow keys, (still on the keyboard), and move just a little, and the it gets attached to the mouse pointer and you can drag it into focus, and you click with left mouse button to release it. Do not click until you have it in focus on the screen you want. 😊 

AH! Thank you for your patience and additional instructions! I was missing the part about using the arrow keys rather than the mouse...I have my GUI back, THANK YOU!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Spool

Sorry, don't really use MP, and I have configured it for broadcast parallel, IIRC. 

The reason it behaves differently, is because I believe VAICOM somewhat changes behaviour depending on the module, because there are coded different radios in different modules. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And it seems the new Voice Chat thing changed behaviour of radios  in DCS as well. What have you set the selector dial to in the VAICOM control panel? 

Edited by MAXsenna
spelling

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@Spool

Sorry, don't really use MP, and I have configured it for broadcast parallel, IIRC. 

The reason it behaves differently, is because I believe VAICOM somewhat changes behaviour depending on the module, because there are coded different radios in different modules. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And it seems the new Voice Chat thing changed behaviour of radios  in DCS as well. What have you set the selector dial to in the VAICOM control panel? 

I have not changed it from the default selection of NORM. Also, it does this in SP or MP, so that does not seem to matter...

Edited by Spool
additional info
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Posting another log so I can clearly show what is happening.

Starting at the bottom, this log shows when I am in the aircraft. I say "arm seat" to test the Hot Release bypass function. It works properly.

I then press Comm 1 for the first time. It "should" open the VIACOM listening function (it does this when I am NOT in the aircraft in DCS)

I say "kolkhi". VA recognizes the word, but because VIACOM is not listening, it is rejected with the red block.

I key Comm 1 a second time and say "kolkhi". VA recognizes the word. But VIACOM is still not listening, so it is rejected.

I key Comm 1 a third time and say "kolkhi". This time, VA recognizes the word, and VIACOM is listening, so it awaits further input. I key Comm 1 to close the VIACOM listening window.

I repeat the process. It takes three keys of Comm 1 for VIACOM to listen for the command again.

I am thoroughly stumped. Works as it should outside the aircraft...once inside the aircraft...takes three activations.

image.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 minutes ago, Spool said:

Posting another log so I can clearly show what is happening.

Starting at the bottom, this log shows when I am in the aircraft. I say "arm seat" to test the Hot Release bypass function. It works properly.

I then press Comm 1 for the first time. It "should" open the VIACOM listening function (it does this when I am NOT in the aircraft in DCS)

I say "kolkhi". VA recognizes the word, but because VIACOM is not listening, it is rejected with the red block.

I key Comm 1 a second time and say "kolkhi". VA recognizes the word. But VIACOM is still not listening, so it is rejected.

I key Comm 1 a third time and say "kolkhi". This time, VA recognizes the word, and VIACOM is listening, so it awaits further input. I key Comm 1 to close the VIACOM listening window.

I repeat the process. It takes three keys of Comm 1 for VIACOM to listen for the command again.

I am thoroughly stumped. Works as it should outside the aircraft...once inside the aircraft...takes three activations.

image.png

Have you turned debug on? 

That "arm seat" command won't do you any good, because that's a VoiceAttack command, which operates differently from VAICOM. It only proves that VoiceAttack works, and is listening. 

This is a multiplayer mission on a server? If yes, I suggest you test it out in an SP mission first, and make sure you check the MP only checkbox on the MP tab in the control panel. If not check that box anyway. 

The red "error" means that VAICOM thinks you're not pressing your TX, and will ignore any command.

I have also a lot of issues with it lately after I upgraded from 2.5.24 to 2.5.25.x, was fixed in 2.5.26.1, but is broken again in 2.5.26.4

You only fly the Hornet? Then I would recommend to revert to version 2.5.24 to see if it is better and report back here. And don't take this wrong. But this thread is getting ridiculously loooooong now, and it's harder for new people to find issues that are similar. So it's better to make a new thread. 😊 

This is only happening when IN the Hornet. Works fine outside the aircraft. I am about ready to shelve it and waste the $20 because it shouldn't be this difficult to get something working. I'll just have to make due with Voice Attack alone.

I appreciate your help. I used the Search Topic function to find what I found in here...makes sense to have it all in the same place, in my opinion! 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 minutes ago, Spool said:

This is only happening when IN the Hornet. Works fine outside the aircraft. I am about ready to shelve it and waste the $20 because it shouldn't be this difficult to get something working. I'll just have to make due with Voice Attack alone.

I appreciate your help. I used the Search Topic function to find what I found in here...makes sense to have it all in the same place, in my opinion! 🙂

I have given some tips on how to might get this to work. It takes you literally five minutes to test it. 

I also asked some questions, but you don't reply to them, so then it gets a little hard to help. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I already explained why it stops working in the Hornet. 

Forgot to ask you one thing. You talk about long and shot presses. Does this mean that you're not keeping the TX held? Why don't you try that first?

For me at least this is a fantastic peace of software, but it has a tendency to sometimes get funky after DCS updates, like many of the modules and 3rd party modules do. Sad but true, and it's too bad if you give up IMHO. 😕

36 minutes ago, Spool said:

Right, I re-read the manual on this, and I can confirm that I see the same, (and why I have reverted back to 2.5.24).
The TX link feature was introduced with 2.5.25, and maybe that new feature have issues, even if you have MP only selected.
I even see it when I'm not in a module. Back to 2.5.24 again. 😉🤷‍♂️

image.png

35 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I have given some tips on how to might get this to work. It takes you literally five minutes to test it. 

I also asked some questions, but you don't reply to them, so then it gets a little hard to help. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I already explained why it stops working in the Hornet. 

Forgot to ask you one thing. You talk about long and shot presses. Does this mean that you're not keeping the TX held? Why don't you try that first?

For me at least this is a fantastic peace of software, but it has a tendency to sometimes get funky after DCS updates, like many of the modules and 3rd party modules do. Sad but true, and it's too bad if you give up IMHO. 😕

As I said...I appreciate your help. I have tried all the things you have suggested, as well as contacted Vaicom directly. I am beginning to suspect it was DiCE that was causing the problems. I have uninstalled it, completed a clean and repair, and will reattempt. I don't want to give up, as others in my Wing are successfully using the TX Link as it was designed for MP operations...so, it has to be something in my setup. Hoping that DiCE is the issue. We shall see.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The saga is complete! It was DiCE that was causing the problem. Removed DiCE and now TX Link works exactly as it should. Good stuff. I wrote Vaicom and suggested they put a note in their install notes about the DiCE conflict. Not sure why a countermeasures mod would impact comms, but it did!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

26 minutes ago, Spool said:

The saga is complete! It was DiCE that was causing the problem. Removed DiCE and now TX Link works exactly as it should. Good stuff. I wrote Vaicom and suggested they put a note in their install notes about the DiCE conflict. Not sure why a countermeasures mod would impact comms, but it did!!

Huh, I thought it was listed in both the FAQ and manual, but couldn't find it. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

It is probably a conflict of the way they communicate with DCS through the export.lua file I guess.