VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

6 hours ago, stalhuth said:

Yes I notice the issue now, recently I migrate DCS to a new hardrive and I forgot to change the root path from VA, but I don't understand why I have 2 different folder in my saved games DCS folder and DCS Open Beta folder 

dcs folder.jpg

This exactly why I wanted to see your log. 😉

Stable makes DCS and OB makes DCS.openbeta folders. Nothing strange there. Check the root folder of the main DCS folder, and check the contents of the variant txt file if any. 

Cheers! 

37 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

This exactly why I wanted to see your log. 😉

Stable makes DCS and OB makes DCS.openbeta folders. Nothing strange there. Check the root folder of the main DCS folder, and check the contents of the variant txt file if any. 

Cheers! 

txt file?? 

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

10 hours ago, stalhuth said:

Yes I notice the issue now, recently I migrate DCS to a new hardrive and I forgot to change the root path from VA, but I don't understand why I have 2 different folder in my saved games DCS folder and DCS Open Beta folder 

dcs folder.jpg

Honestly we could help you better if you followed directions and provided the information we requested. So please answer/post each of the following.

1. Which version of DCS are you running and where is it installed? VAICOM thinks you have both versions installed in the same directory. We need to fix that before worrying about the Saved Games problem or else the Saved Games issue will return.

2. Please provide a screenshot of your VAICOM options page that includes the "custom path" option.

3. And the text file that you were asked about is dcs_variant.txt, saved in the root of your DCS installation folder. See if you have that file, and if so what is in it. It should say "openbeta" if you are running the openbeta version, and the file should not exist if you are running the release version.

Edited by sthompson
added more specific requests
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

Honestly we could help you better if you followed directions and provided the information we requested. So please answer/post each of the following.

1. Which version of DCS are you running and where is it installed? VAICOM thinks you have both versions installed in the same directory. We need to fix that before worrying about the Saved Games problem or else the Saved Games issue will return.

2. Please provide a screenshot of your VAICOM options page that includes the "custom path" option.

3. And the text file that you were asked about is dcs_variant.txt, saved in the root of your DCS installation folder. See if you have that file, and if so what is in it. It should say "openbeta" if you are running the openbeta version, and the file should not exist if you are running the release version.

I'm using the last version of the DCS open beta and the last version of voice attack and vaicom pro 

vaicom.jpg

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

2 minutes ago, stalhuth said:

I'm using the last version of the DCS open beta and the last version of voice attack and vaicom pro 

vaicom.jpg

Right, that looks okay. Check the "fix reg" check box for good measure, and have a look in the Dcs_variant.txt file. 

13 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Right, that looks okay. Check the "fix reg" check box for good measure, and have a look in the Dcs_variant.txt file. 

Yes, all checked DCS_variant.txt it say OPENBETA 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Cool. Quick question. Did you ever have Stable installed before? 

No sir, always openbeta 

26 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Okay. 

Can you start VA and post the log again? 

sure 

voice log.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stalhuth said:

sure 

voice log.jpg

You still haven't answered the question about where DCS is installed. One version of your log showed it on drive E and the other shows it on drive F. Which is it?

In any event if you do not have the Release version installed then the problem is that you have somehow created a registry entry for the Release version and so VAICOM thinks you have that version installed. Since it thinks you have both versions installed in the same directory it is trying to edit the same files twice.

Here is my recommended fix, assuming you know how to use the registry editor. (If you don't know how to use the registry editor then let us know so we can suggest workarounds.)

1. Shut down DCS and VAICOM.

2. Start the registry editor and navigate to the section [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World]. That is where information is held about the Release version. Since you don't have the Release version, delete everything in that section and the section itself. (Back it up first by exporting the section if you are cautious.) It is the presence of these entries that is confusing VAICOM.

3. The very next section in the registry is for the OpenBeta version. There is a key there for the path to your openbeta installation. Make sure it points to the correct location.

4. Do a full repair of DCS openbeta.

5. Delete the Saved Games\DCS folder. You don't need this if you don't have the Release version. It was probably created by VAICOM due to its confusion.

6. (Possibly not needed.) Backup, then delete all copies of export.lua in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (including in subfolders).

7. Restart VAICOM

8. (Not essential) Uncheck the "Use custom path" option in VAICOM options, then restart VAICOM again. (If your registry entries are correct then this step isn't needed.)

9. Restart DCS

Let us know whether this solves the problem.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hind and Viacom issue.

I have an issue with getting Viacom to work with Hind properly. I have to say my command (using standard Viacom procedure) then press Hind specific radio trigger, otherwise command is recognized but not executed.

Having comms menu displayed on the screen works around the problem.

Any ideas how to solve this?

3 hours ago, sthompson said:

You still haven't answered the question about where DCS is installed. One version of your log showed it on drive E and the other shows it on drive F. Which is it?

In any event if you do not have the Release version installed then the problem is that you have somehow created a registry entry for the Release version and so VAICOM thinks you have that version installed. Since it thinks you have both versions installed in the same directory it is trying to edit the same files twice.

Here is my recommended fix, assuming you know how to use the registry editor. (If you don't know how to use the registry editor then let us know so we can suggest workarounds.)

1. Shut down DCS and VAICOM.

2. Start the registry editor and navigate to the section [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World]. That is where information is held about the Release version. Since you don't have the Release version, delete everything in that section and the section itself. (Back it up first by exporting the section if you are cautious.) It is the presence of these entries that is confusing VAICOM.

3. The very next section in the registry is for the OpenBeta version. There is a key there for the path to your openbeta installation. Make sure it points to the correct location.

4. Do a full repair of DCS openbeta.

5. Delete the Saved Games\DCS folder. You don't need this if you don't have the Release version. It was probably created by VAICOM due to its confusion.

6. (Possibly not needed.) Backup, then delete all copies of export.lua in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (including in subfolders).

7. Restart VAICOM

8. (Not essential) Uncheck the "Use custom path" option in VAICOM options, then restart VAICOM again. (If your registry entries are correct then this step isn't needed.)

9. Restart DCS

Let us know whether this solves the problem.

I think the problem is solved now, thanks for your patience 

saved games.jpg

voice log.jpg

Hey guys, sorry to bother you. Once upon a time I had all this stuff working, ended up having to repurchase it yesterday cause reasons 😛 ANYWAY, I got everything installed and mostly working right, but for some reason it's refusing to accept the registration keys I have (I'm using the new ones, obviously). I've tried several of them, and different formats of entering them, and it's just not takin' for some reason. Suggestions? A cursory glance isn't seeing anybody else having this problem.

special-ralph.gif

-edit I dunno if it's relevant but I purchased VA on Steam

-edit I disabled Windows Defender (my only AV) to no avail

SOLUTION

The keys are case sensitive, must be all caps.

keywords for future reference:

vaicom, keys, validation, registration, failure

Edited by Mars Exulte

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hi,

For DCS, I use CTS+VAICOM+SRS

I have configured these softs as below to use Dynamic Switching, to be able to choose to talk to AI (VAICOM) or humans (SRS)

This works fine with M2000. When I select the TX1, I can talk to Vaicom (AI). On SRS overlay, it shows a * in front of the selected radio
If I say "Switch", then it switches to Voip (human) and on SRS overlay, I can see *+TR

These tags on overlay are very useful to know who I'm talking to

But in A-10C II, it seems not work so well. I can communicate with Vaicom (AI) but I don't see the * and when I switch to Voip, I don't see any *+TR
I have a doubt if this is only a visual issue or if really, my voice is not transmitted to SRS (I may need to do some tests with mates ...), despite I see the RLY orange light in Vaicom PTT tab

Anybody has an explanation/solution why I don't see the * and *+TR tags on A-10C II ?

image.png

image.png

• (SRS Settings Page) Radio Switch works as Push To Talk (PTT): ON
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT: OFF
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit: ON

image.png

Hello guys sorry to bother again, but I don't why I have 1463 keyword collection and only 961 in the editor key commands?

for example, when I say "connect air supply" is not recognize because is not in the editor but is in the keyword collecton

Any suggestion? thanks 

control1.jpg

control2.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, Mars Exulte said:

Hey guys, sorry to bother you. Once upon a time I had all this stuff working, ended up having to repurchase it yesterday cause reasons 😛 ANYWAY, I got everything installed and mostly working right, but for some reason it's refusing to accept the registration keys I have (I'm using the new ones, obviously). I've tried several of them, and different formats of entering them, and it's just not takin' for some reason. Suggestions? A cursory glance isn't seeing anybody else having this problem.

-edit I dunno if it's relevant but I purchased VA on Steam

-edit I disabled Windows Defender (my only AV) to no avail

SOLUTION

The keys are case sensitive, must be all caps.

keywords for future reference:

vaicom, keys, validation, registration, failure

Make sure you delete the text in the text boxes before you paste the license key, as VAICOM is not coded to do that for you.
And it can hard to see. At least that was my error when I tried to validate. 😊

image.png

image.png

20 hours ago, stalhuth said:

Hello guys sorry to bother again, but I don't why I have 1463 keyword collection and only 961 in the editor key commands?

for example, when I say "connect air supply" is not recognize because is not in the editor but is in the keyword collecton

Any suggestion? thanks 

control1.jpg

control2.jpg

Click here to collaps.

image.png

Seems you have done the "Finish step" multiple times without clearing the "Keywords Collections" first.
I see a lot of double commands. Double click it to open, and then press delete on your keyboard, and then paste the commands.

image.png

You don't see this? Try to reset the keywords database. 

image.png

image.png

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Make sure you delete the text in the text boxes before you paste the license key, as VAICOM is not coded to do that for you

Yeah, I noticed @@

I fixed the registry entries, too (my frankenstein DCS install has moved locations and drives multiple times) and that was causing the blinking menu bit and the app and general non-function. so it's all working now except during my final tests DCS itself wasn't receiving the commands. It was 2am by that point so I went to bed, but I have several lines of inquiry to follow up on with that one and I hope to have it fixed today once I get a minute to sit down.

-edit

Mission accomplished, all systems working.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Anybody using VAICOM properly with DCS voice chat radios? My installation works fine with SRS but not with in game voice chat radios.

I selected Voice Chat implementation in EX tab but no module recognized when in cockpit in VAICOM PTT tab. Commands are recognized by VA but dont work in the sim. Also radio menus are appearing each time I use PTT. I tested in multiplayer missions. 

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, chichowalker said:

Anybody using VAICOM properly with DCS voice chat radios? My installation works fine with SRS but not with in game voice chat radios.

Hi Chichowalker, I just set up VAICOM PRO last night for the first time and it works nicely in the sim (single player only). I mapped PTT buttons to my HOTAS, can issue commands, have them recognized by VAICOM and Voice Attack and the f-14 RIO and the Ground Crew react to them (i.e. "Chief, connect air supply"). I don't have radio menus on the screen at all.

I followed the VAICOM user manual step by step, for all of it's looong 40+ pages. It took me about two hours to get it all running, but I'd recommend you do that again. Especially the VAICOM preferences are pretty complex and somewhere in that documentation the "don't display radio messages" is mentioned too.

Good luck!

Now for a question of mine:

VAICOM F-14: How to tell Jester to tune the -182 radio to a station?

Hi, I'm getting into VAICOM with the F-14 RIO extension and it's fun stuff. One thing I haven't figured out: How do I tell Jester to tune his -182 to a ground station, i.e. Nellis AFB? I try "Jester, Select Nellis" and while VAICOM does seem to recognized the command, nothing happens. Is this the right command to use or do I have to phrase it differently? Thanks!

Edited by hobbes57

2 hours ago, hobbes57 said:

Hi Chichowalker, I just set up VAICOM PRO last night for the first time and it works nicely in the sim (single player only). I mapped PTT buttons to my HOTAS, can issue commands, have them recognized by VAICOM and Voice Attack and the f-14 RIO and the Ground Crew react to them (i.e. "Chief, connect air supply"). I don't have radio menus on the screen at all.

I followed the VAICOM user manual step by step, for all of it's looong 40+ pages. It took me about two hours to get it all running, but I'd recommend you do that again. Especially the VAICOM preferences are pretty complex and somewhere in that documentation the "don't display radio messages" is mentioned too.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm getting into VAICOM with the F-14 RIO extension and it's fun stuff. One thing I haven't figured out: How do I tell Jester to tune his -182 to a ground station, i.e. Nellis AFB? I try "Jester, Select Nellis" and while VAICOM does seem to recognized the command, nothing happens. Is this the right command to use or do I have to phrase it differently? Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I did that when I configured VAICOM, Following manual step by step. I works nice in MP sessions with SRS, Kneeboard extendion works nicely, AIRIO same, but not with voice chat enabled not only in VA bu also in DCS settings. PTTs are assigned properly in VA, commands are recognized by VAICOM in VA window but not working inside the mission.

For AIRIO radio tune Im using not the ATC callsig, im using FREQ and works fine." RIO, RADIO TUNE 1 2 0 deciamal 5 0" as an example.

2 hours ago, hobbes57 said:

Good luck!

Try: Jester, Nellis - select