VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I noticed the following errors in the dcs.log, any ideas?

2022-02-08 20:46:56.760 ERROR   COCKPITBASE: VAICOMPRO::update:[string "Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/VAICOMPRO/device/VAICOMPRO_Device.lua"]:405: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'timer' (a nil value)
2022-02-08 20:49:34.618 WARNING LOG: 7807 duplicate message(s) skipped.

line 405 from the script "timer = timer + update_time_step"

function update()
    timer = timer + update_time_step
    local datareadout = receiver and receiver:receive()
    receiveddata = datareadout or false
    if receiveddata then
        receivedmsg = DecodeMessage(receiveddata)
        process_message(receivedmsg or "")
        update_contents()
    end
    update_Layers()
    update_Header_TopMid()
    update_Header_TopRight()    
end

Edited by tomeye
  • Like 1

Hi,

Just a little followup of my issue.

I have reinstalled my computer yesterday, and now it works, at least the app recon my Huey. Unsure this is because of that, or maybe there has been an update, but at least now my huey is recon.

This evening I'll try voice commands to check if this works...

Edit: so the issue is still there... Ok vaicom recon my huey, but the voice recon does not work, I mean, if I try to use cargo option or server option, seems it stucks my commands and after that I have difficulties even calling the menu with the key... and indeed if I hit the transmit key a lot the command is released and work, but that is not very convenient 🙂

And indeed the issue is with the Huey... the F16 works just fine...

EDIT : any idea when vaicom pro will be updated to fix the huey issue?

Edited by harf4ng

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hello, everyone! I went through speech recognition training for my PC and for VAICOM PRO separately. Now I need reinstall my Windows. Can I keep my progress? I found two solutions for windows voice recognition.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-speech-recognition-files-to-another-computer/276b22fb-8ef0-42d9-b442-6225d02bb870 and https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/copy-microsoft-speech-recognition-training-file-another-computer-22876.html

How do I save my progress for VAICOM PRO?

Thank you!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/GeForce RTX2080 Super/3840x2160/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG+VPC War BRD+BRD педальки/Win 11

Question for Devs...
I have been using VCP and AIRIO since forever.  Great app and ESSENTIAL for VR...IMHO.

I fly with a human rio often and like to use ICS hotmic.
Problem is..no ,matter what I do or configure, VCP begins to listen for commands in hotmic and well things can get silly.

I know I can go in a turn it of an restart the app. but I am looking to smooth the workflow.
My thought was to create an OVGME mod...essentially a config file change to load VCP without AIRIO enabled...or maybe even have a different VCP shortcut for no AIRIO when I will have a human in the back.

SO....where is this config file, or is there one, which I might edit and toggle with OVGME?

Part two...what could I be setting up wrong causing the hotmic issues?

I am using a global push to listen key, only listen when held.  But hotmic over rides this

Thanks fellas!

Edited by VF2 Subsonic

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Hi guys.

I've got a problem with VA. In DCS, I can press the listen button, say a command, and release the listen button. The command works just fine. Maybe this works a few times, maybe 20 times. But sooner or later, it hears something it doesn't recognise, and from that point on the "listening" icon in VA with the headphones has the red crossed out circle on it.

Pressing the listen button again will never remove the red crossed circle. So it can never action anything I say again. Sometimes, after waiting awhile, I can say commands again (it starts to listen) but mostly it is just dead until I restart VA.

Please note that this only happens to VA when playing DCS. If I don't open DCS and just press to talk, issuing commands to VA, I can do it all day long without issue. It recognises everything I say, and even when it doesn't, I can just immediately try the command again. The red crossed out circle ALWAYS goes away when I press to talk.

Any ideas why VA cracks it and refuses to listen after an unrecognised command in DCS only?

Thanks.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

After more experimenting, it seems it is SRS that is causing issues. I can have SRS running and just do a custom mission or freeflight, and VA commands work perfectly all day long.
But as soon as I join a multiplayer server that uses SRS, I start getting strange button behaviour. I can hold down the radio PTT button on my hotas, but it cuts out half way through me speaking a command - that is, I can see VA stop listening even though the PTT button is still held down. This does not happen when DCS is closed, or when DCS is in an offline mission.

Edited by SneakyBastd

2 hours ago, SneakyBastd said:

After more experimenting, it seems it is SRS that is causing issues. I can have SRS running and just do a custom mission or freeflight, and VA commands work perfectly all day long.
But as soon as I join a multiplayer server that uses SRS, I start getting strange button behaviour. I can hold down the radio PTT button on my hotas, but it cuts out half way through me speaking a command - that is, I can see VA stop listening even though the PTT button is still held down. This does not happen when DCS is closed, or when DCS is in an offline mission.

I just set VOIP CONTROL to Broadcast parallel in MP options instead of using Tx link or dynamic switching.  You can set Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit to off in SRS settings.  The attempt to integrate VAICOM better with multiplayer voice is valiant (and appreciated) but has probably been problematic for many.

Edited by WOPR

Tried turning it off. All it did was make the radio menu appear in game. Only every second voice command would work then. I'd press transmit, the menu would disappear, and then the voice command worked. When no menu was visible, pushing press to talk made the menu come up, and then the voice command was ignored.

huey issue has been fixed 😀

I still have the errors in dcs.log

2022-02-23 20:57:20.839 INFO    NET: Current ping: 156.4ms
2022-02-23 20:57:20.845 ERROR   COCKPITBASE: VAICOMPRO::update:[string "Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/VAICOMPRO/device/VAICOMPRO_Device.lua"]:405: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'timer' (a nil value)
2022-02-23 20:57:28.238 WARNING LOG: 369 duplicate message(s) skipped.

Is it normal to record such high ping times for localhost? Also the error I think it's related to knee-board, any idea how to disable and test again?

On 2/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, SneakyBastd said:

Thankyou for your suggestions. I'll try that over the next few days. VAICOM already has broadcast parallel selected. SRS Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit is currently ON - I'll try turning that off as you suggest.

I've sometimes seen trouble when people tried other VOIP modes then switched back to Broadcast Parallel without first clearing all of the other VOIP options. So I recommend that you turn on whichever VOIP mode you tried earlier and then make sure that all of the boxes on the RHS of that screen are unchecked before switching back to Broadcast Parallel. (They are greyed out so that you can't uncheck them when in Broadcast Parallel.) The every-other press issue seems like it could be related to earlier use of the TX Link mode.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

9 hours ago, sthompson said:

I've sometimes seen trouble when people tried other VOIP modes then switched back to Broadcast Parallel without first clearing all of the other VOIP options. So I recommend that you turn on whichever VOIP mode you tried earlier and then make sure that all of the boxes on the RHS of that screen are unchecked before switching back to Broadcast Parallel. (They are greyed out so that you can't uncheck them when in Broadcast Parallel.) The every-other press issue seems like it could be related to earlier use of the TX Link mode.

Thanks, but I have only ever used Broadcast Parallel. VOIP control remains on broadcast parallel, with all of its options unchecked.

I'm sure this has been covered here several times but I can't find a post explaining how to solve my issue. I can't get training mode to work properly. It did in fact work just fine a while ago but something has happened along the way and now it don't.

The steps I follow is:

1. Choose a command phrase
2. Press "Start keyword training mode"
3. Press the microphone button in the windows speech recognition app
4. Say the phrase

Now I expect a line in VoiceAttack where it says which command phrase it recognized and the confidence level, but nothing shows up.

Could someone please tell me what I've messed up and how to fix it?

11 minutes ago, andhog said:

I'm sure this has been covered here several times but I can't find a post explaining how to solve my issue. I can't get training mode to work properly. It did in fact work just fine a while ago but something has happened along the way and now it don't.

The steps I follow is:

1. Choose a command phrase
2. Press "Start keyword training mode"
3. Press the microphone button in the windows speech recognition app
4. Say the phrase

Now I expect a line in VoiceAttack where it says which command phrase it recognized and the confidence level, but nothing shows up.

Could someone please tell me what I've messed up and how to fix it?

I figured it out! I had to toggle listening on in VoiceAttack!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chicki said:

Anybody know why I get this message when I try to do the 'Finish' procedure?  I do delete the old keywords, paste new and press 'OK' and I get this 'anvil already exists' message??  Why a conflict when all is deleted?!

Anvil.jpg

On my cell so it's kinda hard to see what's behind the windows. 

Have you added a lot of custome commands to your VAICOM profile? 

Cheers! 

6 hours ago, Chicki said:

No.  Recently purchased Real ATC and cannot update keywords.  Very strange.  Why would it say "spoken phrase anvil already exists in this profile" when everythings been deleted?!  Can't figure it out.  Need help.  Thanks.

I can't really read the screenshot you posted. But my best guess is that anvil is defined somewhere else in the profile. Otherwise the profile is corrupted and you should probably build a new one.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You mean somewhere besides 'Keywords Collection--AI Communications"?  So, to build new profile--go to Reset tab in Configuration and check 'Profile' box and reset?  Or 'Keywords'?  Or both?  Thanks.

Edited by Chicki
add on

I realized that a folder named "scripts" exists on my C:\ every time voiceattack + vaicom start. If I delete this gets recreated on VA launch

image.png

However my vaicom config is set to the correct drive F:\ and directory

image.png

Any ideas?

7 hours ago, tomeye said:

I realized that a folder named "scripts" exists on my C:\ every time voiceattack + vaicom start. If I delete this gets recreated on VA launch

image.png

However my vaicom config is set to the correct drive F:\ and directory

image.png

Any ideas?

This has been reported many times. It seems to be a byproduct of changes made when the kneeboard extension was rolled out. Hopefully @Hollywood_315 will fix it at some point because VAICOM really shouldn't be writing to a root folder.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sthompson said:

This has been reported many times. It seems to be a byproduct of changes made when the kneeboard extension was rolled out. Hopefully @Hollywood_315 will fix it at some point because VAICOM really shouldn't be writing to a root folder.

where should I copy these files?

18 hours ago, Chicki said:

You mean somewhere besides 'Keywords Collection--AI Communications"?  So, to build new profile--go to Reset tab in Configuration and check 'Profile' box and reset?  Or 'Keywords'?  Or both?  Thanks.

You can export it from the control panel to get a brand new clean one, and just add it to VoiceAttack, delete the old one. I didn't suggest it, because it seems you have a lot of extra lines in your profile I don't have, and assumed you had made some custome commands. And I have a feeling you have a double line of some sorts. That's why I asked for an unobstructed screenshot. 

But if you have no custom commands, (which is best practice to have in a seperate profile anyway), I'd say best solution is to export and add brand new one to VoiceAttack. 

Cheers! 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, MAXsenna said:

It's a Windows thing. Absolutely not a bug. It's just outside your desktop. Like you wrote. 😉

Use Windows default keybind "LAlt + Space", you'll get a menu, use arrow keys to highlight "Move", press "Enter", touch one arrow and the window will stick to your mouse pointer and you can drag it back to focus. Click to release it.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Thank you for this, it took me a couple of attempts, but finally got it back. Very much appreciated 😁👍

• Like 1