VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hello everyone. 

I´m have this problem when i try to open Vaicom Pro with VoiceAttack (VA and DCS are Steam version)

image.png

I´m just try to reinstall the latest version but problem is still here.

Any suggestions?

Regards

53 minutes ago, TucAr said:

Hello everyone. 

I´m have this problem when i try to open Vaicom Pro with VoiceAttack (VA and DCS are Steam version)

image.png

I´m just try to reinstall the latest version but problem is still here.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Are you running VocieAttack as admin?
Can you post your VAICOM control panel settings, and turn on debug, and then the longer log after restarting?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Are you running VocieAttack as admin?
Can you post your VAICOM control panel settings, and turn on debug, and then the longer log after restarting?

Thanks for te answer!!

Yes, run as admin. 

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Regards

Edited by TucAr

Vaicom Pro has recently stopped working correctly for the Mission/Server communication menu.  I believe this started after the recent Vaicom update.

Repro Steps: 

• In mission (F16 Free Flight) press and hold PTT button while saying "Options" 
  • Result: Options menu appears 
  • While still holding down PTT button try saying "Take 1", "Take 2" etc. to select the F1 or F2 options
  • Result: No selection of a communication menu item occurs 

Looking at the Voice Attack log, even though I haven't released the PTT button, I get a "Listening Suspended" as soon as the Options menu comes up.  

When I release the PTT key I see the "Joystick:  Transmit TX1 release" message, so it knew I still had the key pressed.  Example log below:

4:37:57.888 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
4:37:51.978 Listening suspended
4:37:51.892 Nearest ATC: Kutaisi.
4:37:51.892 Player New callsign entered module F-16C Viper, unit callsign Colt11
4:37:51.892 DCS mission | F-16C - Caucasus - Free Flight
4:37:51.892 ------------------------------------------
4:37:51.616 TX1 | Radio AN/ARC-164: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
4:37:51.602 Recognized : 'options' (Confidence 95)
4:37:49.608 Listening resumed
4:37:49.531 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
4:37:42.104 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
4:37:41.900 Listening suspended
4:37:41.815 Nearest ATC: Kutaisi.
4:37:41.815 Player New callsign entered module F-16C Viper, unit callsign Colt11
4:37:41.815 DCS mission | F-16C - Caucasus - Free Flight

If I test this with VoiceAttack and Vaicom PRO without DCS running, it VA doesn't stop listening till I actually release the PTT key (correct function).
Note that other Vaicom commands seem to work fine.  This happens in single player and multiplayer on all maps and on the couple planes I tested.

"Allow Options" and "Disable Menus" are both selected.  Vaicom is most current version (2.5.27.0) and DCS is current Open Beta.  Both DCS and VoiceAttack are Steam versions.  Vaicom is set to custom DCS path which is the correct DCSWorld path for my Steam install.  Vaicom is also set to use the Steam version of VoiceAttack.

I'm running SRS with Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit OFF, and I don't use the VA mic buttons in SRS except to switch radios - SRS PTT is completely separate button.

Steps I've tried so far:

• Re-did Vaicom Editor>Finish, then copying the keywords list over from the copy buffer, then restarting
  • Used Vaicom Reset tab to reset Lua code and the VA Profile.  (It didn't appear to actually reset the profile so I re-imported the newest profile.)  I haven't yet tried resetting my Keywords and Settings (or reinstalling) since I'd like to avoid having to rebuild things.
  • I've verified there are no other instances of VoiceAttack or Vaicom present in my system
  • I've tried this without my custom profiles referenced from the Vaicom profile with the same issue
  • Tried with Tacview disabled by commenting it out from lua - same problem

Here's my Export.lua in case that's useful:

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

Any thoughts on what might be going on?  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

12 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, you did check/enable both boxes, right? emoji4.png

Yes

And then restart?

Yes too 🙂

I will try to remember if I saw this problem before.

Thanks!!!!

Regards

quick dumb question - how do I edit the profiles to use just one key? I had it set up at one point where all I did was press TX1 and the command worked for all of them, recently have to reconfigure it again due to reformat and importing my old profile isnt bringing things back.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 3/9/2022 at 4:42 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

quick dumb question - how do I edit the profiles to use just one key? I had it set up at one point where all I did was press TX1 and the command worked for all of them, recently have to reconfigure it again due to reformat and importing my old profile isnt bringing things back.

You want to use single TX even if the aircraft have multiple radios like Hornet/Viper/Warthog?

I think you only configure one TX like 4 (auto), and turn the dial to "SNGL" in the control panel.

Ok. Now how about this - training my speech engine and a few words Im getting stuck at..like climb 10000. With 94% accuracy, Vaicom is registering 1000, sometimes it keeps asking me WTF I just said. How do I go and edit that exact phrase without burning anything? Ive tried a physical edit with Climb Ten Thousand, yet it keeps registering the others. Driving me nuts...Im surprised more people dont rage quit over this.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Ok. Now how about this - training my speech engine and a few words Im getting stuck at..like climb 10000. With 94% accuracy, Vaicom is registering 1000, sometimes it keeps asking me WTF I just said. How do I go and edit that exact phrase without burning anything? Ive tried a physical edit with Climb Ten Thousand, yet it keeps registering the others. Driving me nuts...Im surprised more people dont rage quit over this.

I have......... Binned Voice Attack completely. So fed up with. it messing up on me, I've just gone back to using key binds again. Makes life a little harder in VR but it's better than things happening when you don't want them to, or worse, NOT happening when you want them to.

• Thanks 1

Found a "fix" for my Vaicom "Options" breaking (suspends listening after bringing up comm menu).

After many partial resets I finally did a full uninstall and reinstall of Vaicom (VoiceAttack is Steam version and Steam version of Open Beta DCS in a custom folder).  I didn't add back in the AIRO and Chatter extensions.  Options menu worked correctly after that.

As soon as I added the extensions back in the Options menu changed back to giving a "Listening Suspended" right after "Options" (and without me releasing the PTT key button).  So something in the extensions is borking it.  I removed the extensions (don't need them right now) and enabled "Disable automatic plugin updates" so it doesn't keep trying to get them.

Maybe the extensions make some assumption about the location of DCS or VoiceAttack files and crash?

54 minutes ago, tanr said:

Found a "fix" for my Vaicom "Options" breaking (suspends listening after bringing up comm menu).

After many partial resets I finally did a full uninstall and reinstall of Vaicom (VoiceAttack is Steam version and Steam version of Open Beta DCS in a custom folder).  I didn't add back in the AIRO and Chatter extensions.  Options menu worked correctly after that.

As soon as I added the extensions back in the Options menu changed back to giving a "Listening Suspended" right after "Options" (and without me releasing the PTT key button).  So something in the extensions is borking it.  I removed the extensions (don't need them right now) and enabled "Disable automatic plugin updates" so it doesn't keep trying to get them.

Maybe the extensions make some assumption about the location of DCS or VoiceAttack files and crash?

I use the extensions. I used to have lots of issues with the Options menu, and only like every other voice command working. What fixed it for me is removing the NS430 module (vaicom support page mentions NS430 and DiCE mod as having compatibility issues). Do you happen to have the NS430 module or DiCE mod?

So is it still suggested not to install the latest update (hotfix) for Vaicom?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 hours ago, dburne said:

So is it still suggested not to install the latest update (hotfix) for Vaicom?

I have installed latest version 2.5.27.2 , and only issue I have, is that sometimes I cannot access, the ATC page on the kneeboard, and if I switch modules, VAICOM cannot speak with DCS, but that's an export.lua DCS issue I'm sure of, as my moving map stops working too. Resolved by restarting DCS.
If you upgrade, rename/backup your vaicompro.dll first, so you can easily revert.

Cheers! 

23 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I have installed latest version 2.5.27.2 , and only issue I have, is that sometimes I cannot access, the ATC page on the kneeboard, and if I switch modules, VAICOM cannot speak with DCS, but that's an export.lua DCS issue I'm sure of, as my moving map stops working too. Resolved by restarting DCS.
If you upgrade, rename/backup your vaicompro.dll first, so you can easily revert.

Cheers! 

Ok will do thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm sure I'm not the only one to ask but I couldn't find the answers...

1. Is there currently a way or will there be to use Vaicom Pro with the AH-64D?  (am I missing a setting, only radio available in game is TX select)

2. With the F-16C added callsigns (Viper, Weasel etc) used in a mission comms/ATC is mute and often doesn't work.  Is there a fix?

Anyway love this mod and been using it for a while. Thank you for the advise/help

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AresShadow said:

1. Is there currently a way or will there be to use Vaicom Pro with the AH-64D?  (am I missing a setting, only radio available in game is TX select)

2. With the F-16C added callsigns (Viper, Weasel etc) used in a mission comms/ATC is mute and often doesn't work.  Is there a fix?

Anyway love this mod and been using it for a while. Thank you for the advise/help

I could be wrong, but I think VAICOM hasn't been updated yet. Most likely it'll happen in a week or two. That's how long it usually has taken. I don't think we'll get VAICOM to action George AI though, solely because Petrovich still isn't supported.

19 hours ago, AresShadow said:

1. VAICOM works fine with the Apache, at least for me. Even changes the radio channel of you have that option selected in VAICOM. 

2. Like the answer above. VAICOM needs and update. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

The Petrovich/George menu isnt very easy to work with even if you are well versed with it. Its like you have 3 states that menu can exist in, is it even possible for vaicom to differentiate how fast your aircraft is flying? The same key commands exist but all of them do different things in different flight regimes so I dont even think its possible.

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, Hammer1-1 said:

The Petrovich/George menu isnt very easy to work with even if you are well versed with it. Its like you have 3 states that menu can exist in, is it even possible for vaicom to differentiate how fast your aircraft is flying? The same key commands exist but all of them do different things in different flight regimes so I dont even think its possible.

Well here's to hoping the madlads over at VAICOM come up with a solution.

Iirc ED hasn't released their MC API to 3rd party devs yet, so I don't think we'll see VAICOM support for ED's AI until then. If that's true, then that's probably what's keeping others from developing solutions.