VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

6 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

The Petrovich/George menu isnt very easy to work with even if you are well versed with it. Its like you have 3 states that menu can exist in, is it even possible for vaicom to differentiate how fast your aircraft is flying? The same key commands exist but all of them do different things in different flight regimes so I dont even think its possible.

It was this very issue with the comms menus that prompted Hollywood to abandon the original keystroke based implementation of VAICOM and switch to a method that communicates with DCS internals directly and not through simulating keystrokes. But obviously that requires getting into the guts of the relevant code, which may or may not be possible for George/Petrovich.

• Like 4

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 3/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, MAXsenna said:

1. VAICOM works fine with the Apache, at least for me. Even changes the radio channel of you have that option selected in VAICOM. 

2. Like the answer above. VAICOM needs and update. 

Curious which Vaicom PTT Mode you're using for the Apache?  I'm hoping the "NORM" mode will be smart enough to figure out that the cyclic RTS Left transmits on the current radio, as opposed to always changing the radio to UHF.  Though I guess I could map RTS Left and Right to UHF and VHF radio select+transmit for Vaicom and leave the Apache ICS set to VOX since those FM radios won't get used much.

Just trying to work out a usable system for MP till a Vaicom update for the Apache comes out.

Curious which Vaicom PTT Mode you're using for the Apache?  I'm hoping the "NORM" mode will be smart enough to figure out that the cyclic RTS Left transmits on the current radio, as opposed to always changing the radio to UHF.  Though I guess I could map RTS Left and Right to UHF and VHF radio select+transmit for Vaicom and leave the Apache ICS set to VOX since those FM radios won't get used much.
Just trying to work out a usable system for MP till a Vaicom update for the Apache comes out.
I haven't read the Apache manual yet, so I'm not familiar with the radios. Just configured TX1 on one button until I have rebuild my MS FFB2 to have an extension with other grips.
And well, it shaves off 55% of my performance anyway so I don't expect to fly it much, until I get a new computer.
Oh, I always use NORM and don't really do MP.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 3/11/2022 at 11:47 AM, Munkwolf said:

I use the extensions. I used to have lots of issues with the Options menu, and only like every other voice command working. What fixed it for me is removing the NS430 module (vaicom support page mentions NS430 and DiCE mod as having compatibility issues). Do you happen to have the NS430 module or DiCE mod?

Nope, not using NS430 or DiCE I'm afraid!  

2. With the F-16C added callsigns (Viper, Weasel etc) used in a mission comms/ATC is mute and often doesn't work.  Is there a fix?

I guess we have to train Viacom Pro or even to add the new callsigns into its dictionary before actually using them.  I could be wrong on this, but that was how I managed to get "Place the wheelchucks" and "Remove the wheelchucks" working before 😉.

I guess we have to train Viacom Pro or even to add the new callsigns into its dictionary before actually using them.  I could be wrong on this, but that was how I managed to get "Place the wheelchucks" and "Remove the wheelchucks" working before .
Not sure why I was in the quote above. But this website does strange things from time to time.

No,@Hollywood_315 needs to add them for us into VAICOM, or they won't work, as they are hard coded.
If you find that the training works for you, you do just that!
I have not had success with it, but I have done the MS Speech training 20 times or so, and I find that most work.

What I would love Hollywood to do too, is to fix all the incorrectly imported ATC's etc. The new Kuznetsov is "0" in my dictionary.
And there are specific commands for certain modules, like priming in the Mossie. Not sure if the new commands for the Jeff is added though. Must check.
Cheers!

• Like 1

and some of the commands for RIO lantirn here described (more than 4 months already with these bugs), as the menu choise options (mic suspended in TX Link mode)

Agree! Pretty sure some of the new code for MP environment got buggy a while back. That's when things got really messy/strange issues I never had before.

Just checked. None of the special ground commands for the Jeff is included. Didn't notice it before and it was released late in 2019.

• Like 1

Kneeboard issue has returned. When I call up kneeboard, all I get is the default DCS kneeboard.

Screenshot 2022-03-23 230757.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

24 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I have noe issues. Which module? 

As of last night, it was the A10-CII and Apache(though I wasn't expecting it to work at all with the Apache yet.)

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1. VAICOM works fine with the Apache, at least for me. Even changes the radio channel of you have that option selected in VAICOM. 

2. Like the answer above. VAICOM needs and update. 

Cheers! 

Self admission.  I had the wrong PTT settings (norm instead of multi) from when I was trying to troubleshoot using the radios on UH-60L 1.0 .  Appreciate the help gents. 

• Like 1

Is the Vaicom trigger (like push a button then speak "chief request rearming") being finicky for anyone else in the Apache? It works sometimes, but often doesn't. I think that its toggling between VoiceAttack listening and not listening depending on the Vaicom triggered keypress action, as opposed to acting like a push-to-talk. I assumed that I just need to wait for a Vaicom patch in order to support Apache, but @MAXsenna above indicates its working fine already.

Other modules (Huey and Hornet) are working as expected, so my Vaicom and VoiceAttack install should be fine.

Is the Vaicom trigger (like push a button then speak "chief request rearming") being finicky for anyone else in the Apache? It works sometimes, but often doesn't. I think that its toggling between VoiceAttack listening and not listening depending on the Vaicom triggered keypress action, as opposed to acting like a push-to-talk. I assumed that I just need to wait for a Vaicom patch in order to support Apache, but @MAXsenna above indicates its working fine already.
Other modules (Huey and Hornet) are working as expected, so my Vaicom and VoiceAttack install should be fine.

What does the VoiceAttack log say?
If the commands go through, but you don't get a reply, I guess it's the "queue" issue I sometimes get after an update or in a new "unsupported" module.
I might have jumped to conclusions too quickly, I do have issues in the air sometimes, but on the ground it's working pretty consistently. Have you tried with doors open/intercom?

i've been using one PTT in Vaicom which in SRS communicates with the radio selected via the RTS rocker switch. I've also had 4 hat buttons mapped to 4 bindings in Vaicom, but it seemed inconsistent whether Vaicom would be listening to me. It's a different kind of setup from the Hornet.

i've been using one PTT in Vaicom which in SRS communicates with the radio selected via the RTS rocker switch. I've also had 4 hat buttons mapped to 4 bindings in Vaicom, but it seemed inconsistent whether Vaicom would be listening to me. It's a different kind of setup from the Hornet.
Right, yeah I have different setups depending on the manual as well. But in the Apache I'm currently using one PTT.

Only issue I am having is Voice Attack/Vaicom starts dropping out on me in DCS. Log file looks fine and commands are recognized, but DCS just fails to process. Currently using the Apache so I am sure it is not quite ready for the Apache yet. I need to go back to my Hornet campaign and make sure all is well with it.

It would be nice to get some kind of statement from the Vaicom developer on this.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Only issue I am having is Voice Attack/Vaicom starts dropping out on me in DCS. Log file looks fine and commands are recognized, but DCS just fails to process. Currently using the Apache so I am sure it is not quite ready for the Apache yet. I need to go back to my Hornet campaign and make sure all is well with it.

It would be nice to get some kind of statement from the Vaicom developer on this.

dburne, when that happens are you able to launch the comm options?  I have had it happen where hitting the comms menu “\” wont show any options or is unresponsive. 

Respawning on the MP server into a different bird seems to fix it, and I can’t verify if it’s a Vaicom/VoiceAttack issue, since it seems the commands are registering.

1 hour ago, BlueEcko said:

dburne, when that happens are you able to launch the comm options?  I have had it happen where hitting the comms menu “\” wont show any options or is unresponsive. 

Respawning on the MP server into a different bird seems to fix it, and I can’t verify if it’s a Vaicom/VoiceAttack issue, since it seems the commands are registering.

No I did try using the Options command in Vaicom and that did not bring it up. I fly in VR so not so easy for me to reach out to the keyboard and try it that way.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

18.01.2020 в 19:39, GCBraun сказал:

Waiting for some feedback to my problem. I have re-installed Vaicompro and activated it multiple times and I always get this issue where I cannot open the settings window with Alt+Ctrl+c. Disabling Team-Viewer did not help.

Have you solved this problem?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/GeForce RTX2080 Super/3840x2160/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG+VPC War BRD+BRD педальки/Win 11

On 1/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, Hollywood_315 said:

Hi all - current PTT issue with the UH-1H module is acknowledged and will be addressed in next plugin update.
Thanks

Any updates about this issue with the Huey?

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, it was solved a couple of patches back. At least for me. 

Thank you. My install had not updated (I thought it used to do this automatically). Did a manual download from the Vaicom website and all is working nicely again. Now it is time to play Paradise Lost by Reflected and MAD Campaign by Stone Sky. Happy times!

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

Thank you. My install had not updated (I thought it used to do this automatically). Did a manual download from the Vaicom website and all is working nicely again. Now it is time to play Paradise Lost by Reflected and MAD Campaign by Stone Sky. Happy times!
Maybe you have disabled auto update in the control panel.

Hi all, I'm currently experiencing a situation while VaicomPro is running where, the comms menu is appearing and disappearing randomly and without any inputs. I am aware that there is the option to fully turn off the comms menu, but there are some situations where still having access to the comms menu comes in handy but . Has anyone encountered this? any fix for those that have encountered it?