VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

9 hours ago, itekiwoshi said:

Hi all, I'm currently experiencing a situation while VaicomPro is running where, the comms menu is appearing and disappearing randomly and without any inputs. I am aware that there is the option to fully turn off the comms menu, but there are some situations where still having access to the comms menu comes in handy but . Has anyone encountered this? any fix for those that have encountered it?

In my experience this is almost always because you did not follow necessary procedures after a DCS update. Whenever you update DCS you must (1) exist DCS; (2) exit VoiceAttack, (3) restart VoiceAttack, and (4) restart DCS in that order. Otherwise the lua files do not get updated properly, and the flashing comms menus are symptom of that.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

22 minutes ago, bonniebonbon said:

how do i get my registration keys back after losing them due to installing new hard drive,for viacompro, tried emailing them and getting message unable to send, cnnot find this email address

Emailed a week or better ago, no one seems to be monitoring the support account or they are back way up.

49 minutes ago, D3adCy11nd3r said:

Emailed a week or better ago, no one seems to be monitoring the support account or they are back way up.

Hmm not good...

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, bonniebonbon said:

how do i get my registration keys back after losing them due to installing new hard drive,for viacompro, tried emailing them and getting message unable to send, cnnot find this email address

The name of the product is vaicompro, not viacompro. Are you sure you copied the email address properly? Just asking because you mistyped the name in your post so maybe you did when entering the email address too.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Took 8 days to get a reply but,

Looks like EVERYONE who has vaicom needs to dig up their activation keys and put them somewhere off PC [A thumb drive perhaps.] 

"Hi there

Thanks for contacting us.
Our customers are advised to store their license keys in a secure location where they can be retrieved in the future.
For reasons of data security and piracy prevention we cannot provide retrieval services for lost keys.

All the best,
The VAICOM PRO team"

uc?id=1uG7Ao3CLyDg0TOe4SW7g8yDv7rrDbITn&

They had retrieved them in the past, No longer. Software is good and not extremely expensive so I will be buying license keys again. Just a bit aggravating since there is no "account" to log into and I have had vaicom for YEARS at this point, so those keys are long gone.

Thanks for replying eventually though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really? Well, I guess the order system/software doesn't keep the generated licence codes bound to a specific email address, which I find very strange. Yeah, the cost is low, but still. This should not be an issue for the user, as long as you remember one used do the order.
Me? I have since long stored them in a text file on Onedrive after I thought I had lost them, but fortunately I had just ordered with to different email accounts.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, D3adCy11nd3r said:

Took 8 days to get a reply but,

Looks like EVERYONE who has vaicom needs to dig up their activation keys and put them somewhere off PC [A thumb drive perhaps.] 

"Hi there

Thanks for contacting us.
Our customers are advised to store their license keys in a secure location where they can be retrieved in the future.
For reasons of data security and piracy prevention we cannot provide retrieval services for lost keys.

All the best,
The VAICOM PRO team"

uc?id=1uG7Ao3CLyDg0TOe4SW7g8yDv7rrDbITn&

They had retrieved them in the past, No longer. Software is good and not extremely expensive so I will be buying license keys again. Just a bit aggravating since there is no "account" to log into and I have had vaicom for YEARS at this point, so those keys are long gone.

Thanks for replying eventually though.

have you searched your emails for "vaicompro.com" ? they usually send you confirmation mails including transaction info and licence keys.

Lately if I get one command to go through, I'm lucky. Starts up fine, can do the simple stuff like gear up, flaps up etc, but when I select an ATC or specify a frequency change, I get one change and from then on... nothing.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Lately if I get one command to go through, I'm lucky. Starts up fine, can do the simple stuff like gear up, flaps up etc, but when I select an ATC or specify a frequency change, I get one change and from then on... nothing.
Well, gear up, flaps up etc. are VoiceAttack commands and not VAICOM, so no wonder they work.

Forgot to ask. Which module?

Hey Guys, Just downloaded the Apache and will be control binding for a while! Currently flying the Huey and FA18 with my PTT mapping set per the original VaiCom manual. So I’m using separate TX’s for UHF, VHF, Intercom, etc mapped to my throttle hat. Am I seeing that there will be only 1 TX available for the Apache? So tune and select the desired radio on the upfront display and use the same switch for all? Thanks

Edited by greyeagle787
  • Like 1

Hey Guys, Just downloaded the Apache and will be control binding for a while! Currently flying the Huey and FA18 with my PTT mapping set per the original VaiCom manual. So I’m using separate TX’s for UHF, VHF, Intercom, etc mapped to my throttle hat. Am I seeing that there will be only 1 TX available for the Apache? So tune and select the desired radio on the upfront display and use the same switch for all? Thanks
Yes. Currently Apache "only supports"/needs TX1. Would like to have ICS/Intercom as well but it's not needed.

So no “chatter” ( which I don’t use anyway) and talk to ground crew on TX1 as well? Just thought of this….Currently have my throttle hat sw. Set for VAICOM TX’s. In Apache if I assign those to something else will that screw up VAICOM?? Thanks!

Edited by greyeagle787

So no “chatter” ( which I don’t use anyway) and talk to ground crew on TX1 as well? Just thought of this….Currently have my throttle hat sw. Set for VAICOM TX’s. In Apache if I assign those to something else will that screw up VAICOM?? Thanks!
Only the TX1, unless you rotate the selector in the control panel to something else but normal.
There are ways to have different TX buttons in any module too, and they only work in that specific module.

The real question will be how well Vaicom will work with the Apache for ya.

I think perhaps Vaicom is not fully baked yet for the Apache.

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 3/25/2022 at 9:50 AM, MAXsenna said:

What does the VoiceAttack log say?
If the commands go through, but you don't get a reply, I guess it's the "queue" issue I sometimes get after an update or in a new "unsupported" module.
I might have jumped to conclusions too quickly, I do have issues in the air sometimes, but on the ground it's working pretty consistently. Have you tried with doors open/intercom?

I know you made this comment awhile ago, but I’m having that queue issue too. Vaicom beeps like it heard the command, but it can take several minutes before it sends the command to DCS. I’ve noticed that if I key the mic several times I can jump start the queue but did you have a different work around or fix?  (Apache only)

• Like 1

I know you made this comment awhile ago, but I’m having that queue issue too. Vaicom beeps like it heard the command, but it can take several minutes before it sends the command to DCS. I’ve noticed that if I key the mic several times I can jump start the queue but did you have a different work around or fix?  (Apache only)
Yeah. Several users have reported this, so I guess the update for the Apache wasn't really ready.
I don't fly it much as it tanks my computer.

• Thanks 1

Yeah currently Vaicom Pro with the Apache is hit or miss. Sadly Apache is where all my focus is presently in learning it.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

Kneeboard ATC Page Not Working (most of the time)

I am using Vaicom Pro with the Keyboard extension. After some fiddling around I have got everything working except the ATC Page of the Kneeboard. I have managed to call up the ATC page once using voice command. All other attempts to access it using a voice command failed although Vaicom seems to recognise my input.

To try and diagnose the issue I set up keybinds for "keyboard tab next" and "keyboard tab previous". I have managed to use "keyboard tab next" to access the ATC page once but only once. Otherwise the keybinds work as expected stepping forwards or backwards through the various pages.

Almost all the time:

1. If I am on the JTAC page "keyboard tab next" does nothing. If I press the key a second time the AAR page is selected.

2. If I am on the AAR page "keyboard tab previous" does nothing. If I press the key a second time the JTAC page is selected.

In effect the ATC page seems to get missed out.

Any idea what the problem is? I am stumped.

Kneeboard ATC Page Not Working (most of the time)
I am using Vaicom Pro with the Keyboard extension. After some fiddling around I have got everything working except the ATC Page of the Kneeboard. I have managed to call up the ATC page once using voice command. All other attempts to access it using a voice command failed although Vaicom seems to recognise my input.
To try and diagnose the issue I set up keybinds for "keyboard tab next" and "keyboard tab previous". I have managed to use "keyboard tab next" to access the ATC page once but only once. Otherwise the keybinds work as expected stepping forwards or backwards through the various pages.
Almost all the time:
1. If I am on the JTAC page "keyboard tab next" does nothing. If I press the key a second time the AAR page is selected.
2. If I am on the AAR page "keyboard tab previous" does nothing. If I press the key a second time the JTAC page is selected.
In effect the ATC page seems to get missed out.
Any idea what the problem is? I am stumped.

When you say the command. Do you get a double beep? I do sometimes. And then it won't change to the ATC page no matter what. This happens to me often, but sometimes it's all well. Not sure if this is module specific, as I haven't bothered to test that much.
Cheers!