VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

5 hours ago, Japo32 said:

In my case I won't buy any other addon for Vaicom until work is done to fix multiple bugs the program has. When that occurs and I see active support here back in forums from him, I sure will support it again.

Looks like he last visited the forums on April 15th, his lasts posts appear to have been in Jan. Hope all is well for him.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Looks like he last visited the forums on April 15th, his lasts posts appear to have been in Jan. Hope all is well for him.
Yeah, I hope so too. And if an add on for P&G are in the works, I'm sure other fixes will be on track as well!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really hope he is well and can also continue support for VaicomPro.

The AH64 module is so amazing…I love this beast!

But it would even get better, with a well working implementation of VaicomPro and AI George support…….commanding George via VaicomPro that would be so amazing!

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

3 hours ago, corbu1 said:

I really hope he is well and can also continue support for VaicomPro.

The AH64 module is so amazing…I love this beast!

But it would even get better, with a well working implementation of VaicomPro and AI George support…….commanding George via VaicomPro that would be so amazing!

Yeah for sure - I will take all the help I can get with flying that tank lol.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok, so. Been away quite a while due to health issues. Now I'm back, ready to fly again with a new pc too. Have DCS working as it should, but Vaicom doesn't work. The problems I'm having are listed in the FAQ on these forums. I sincerely hope someone will be able to help me out, would be much appreciated since I'm stuck.

- PTT page shows EASY COMMS ON while set to OFF in DCS options
Cause | Easy Comms setting forced by mission design
Remedy | Mission Editor -> No joy, option wasn't set within the mission. 

Cause | Lua install problem
Remedy | See below -> No joy. I've got full security/admin acces to the DCS main folder and it's subfolders. As well as Saved Games/DCS folder and subfolders.

Module name not shown on PTT page
Symptom | Not functioning after DCS update
Cause | Faulty lua install due to incorrect or missing DCS path in Windows registry

Remedy | Set DCS program files path with Custom Path option (Config tab) -> tried that, path is correctly set and also in the registry, no joy.
Remedy | Fix DCS install path in Windows registry (use fix reg option on Options tab) -> Registry path is correct. 

Cause | Windows account has insuffficient access right
Remedy | Check Windows UAC / antivirus allows R/W acccess to program files folders -> Checked, all useraccess is correctly set, I have admin privileges on all related DCS folders and subfolders, as I already stated above. 

Anyone has other ideas I can try? I'm stuck and don't know what else there is to try.

Hi! VAICOM defaults to show easy comms on, whenever a module is not identified, which means VAICOM is not connected to DCS.
You can post screen grabs of your VAICOM settings, just to sure sliders are set correctly.
I'd say that you need a full repair of DCS.
I use this app to launch and I update DCS, always, and I seldom have issues.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-gui-utility/

So, first. Close VA, close DCS. Run DCS upstate just in case. Run a full repair of DCS, without starting DCS. Rename the export.lua, for backup.
Start VA and let VAICOM do it's file checking. THEN start DCS, and check if things are working.
Cheers

Thanks MAXsenna, will try tonight. 
I've run a repair but it was the default one and not the full one. Always use the commandline to update or repair by the way, I'm old skool sorry.  

Nah, old school is often the way man!

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Nah, old school is often the way man! emoji1.png

@Maxsenna
Could you check out this forum post.  I cannot figure out what is going on.  Others in my squadron are running the same profile as me and are not having this issue.  Thanks.

@Maxsenna
Could you check out this forum post.  I cannot figure out what is going on.  Others in my squadron are running the same profile as me and are not having this issue.  Thanks.

Hi! I did read it and thought about your issue. It's a strange one, never seen those errors before. And since your buddies have no issue, it must be local.
IIRC, I think I had a corrupted database once due to some F10 imports.
What I would do, is export all VAICOM settings AND the keyword database. Then I would reset the database and test. (You might need to delete it even) If that solves it, you can try to import your export, and if the issue re-appears, the errors where in the database. Then you just need reset it again, and start over.
Cheers!

On 5/10/2022 at 9:43 PM, MAXsenna said:

Nah, old school is often the way man! emoji1.png

Your suggestion worked, thanks! However, just one question in the hopes you also know this one.

I wanted to train some keywords, so I clicked the mic on the Editor tab in VAICOM, but the Windows Speech Recogition thingy didn't start? Windows 11 Home by the way. Speech/Voice recognition in W11 is installed and activated, but it won't start. And since VAICOM doesn't recognize the "Page" word for use with the interactive kneeboard, you can see why I need to train it. 😉 

Has the keywords training procedure changed in Windows 11?

Agian many thanks mate. 🙂

Edited by dawgie79

3 minutes ago, dawgie79 said:

Your suggestion worked, thanks! However, just one question in the hopes you also know this one.

I wanted to train some keywords, so I clicked the mic on the Editor tab in VAICOM, but the Windows Speech Recogition thingy didn't start? Windows 11 Home by the way. Speech/Voice recognition in W11 is installed and activated, but it won't start. And since VAICOM doesn't recognize the "Page" word for use with the interactive kneeboard, you can see why I need to train it. 😉 

Has the keywords training procedure changed in Windows 11?

Agian many thanks mate. 🙂

I have no idea. I won't switch to 11 until it's mandatory I guess. 

The keywords training has never worked for me. Absolutely no change. So I did the ordinary Microsoft Speech training like 20 times or so, and rarely rarely have any issues, and have only added two or so words and pronunciation to the dictionary. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, MAXsenna said:

I have no idea. I won't switch to 11 until it's mandatory I guess. 

The keywords training has never worked for me. Absolutely no change. So I did the ordinary Microsoft Speech training like 20 times or so, and rarely rarely have any issues, and have only added two or so words and pronunciation to the dictionary. 

Just noticed today one can map the interactive kneeboard pages to buttons. Way to go kneeboard.tab.prv / kneeboard.tab.nxt. 😄

Your support posts are amazing by the way (not only for me, but for everyone). Thanks for the effort mate. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dawgie79 said:

Just noticed today one can map the interactive kneeboard pages to buttons. Way to go kneeboard.tab.prv / kneeboard.tab.nxt. 😄

Your support posts are amazing by the way (not only for me, but for everyone). Thanks for the effort mate. 

Thank you for your kind words! They mean a lot. Got some bad news right now, so remember to take everyone. Don't go away mad, you'll never know what happens next. 

I haven't used VaicomPro for a while and now I have a problem with the kneeboard extension.

I just started a quick JTAC mission and every time I talked to the JTAC, the kneeboard would leave the VaicomPro page and switch to the default page of the standard kneeboard. Didn't test it further, so it is possible that this always happens while communicating.

Any idea?

Edit: seems to be an issue with the Kneeboard pins. If I delete the pin on the default page, the pages won't switch. 

Edited by Hive

Hi

having an issue with the editor paste new commands, I have 502 in profile, but according to editor there are 973 from the AIRO module, Kneeboard I added, when I finish and attempt to paste into the editor as per instruction, there nothing to paste in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

UPDATE reinstalled it and fixed it

Edited by Cybermann

In addition to the AWACS page not adding new messages once it fills up, it seems to cut the last message off. This is a picture showing wat I mean. Also note how the new message in the upper left does not appear on the page.

unknown.png

Edited by StarLiner
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

in the F-18C, if I ask the Crew Chief to install NVG ("Request NVG"), he copies, then confirms "Rearming complete" but I do not have NVG (as confirmation for that would be "NVG installed".

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

EDIT: I still use v. 2.5.22. due some earlier recognition bugs. Should I first update before asking? 😊

I also have trouble with VA idling (without DCS running), and me sitting in front of my PC in silence. VA picks up a lot of word from I dunno where?

See here

image.png

How can I fix this? THX !

Edited by Razor18

Not sure about the NVGs.
Aa for the other question, check if you have REL/HOT enabled in the control panel. That makes the microphone open. You can also observe this if the headphone logo in VA is not red.
Cheers!

For NVGs make sure your canopy is open so they can give you the goggles.

• Like 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, MAXsenna said:

Not sure about the NVGs.
Aa for the other question, check if you have REL/HOT enabled in the control panel. That makes the microphone open. You can also observe this if the headphone logo in VA is not red.
Cheers!

Yeap, HOT mic was the problem, found it, thanks for the hint.

On 6/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, Tshark said:

For NVGs make sure your canopy is open so they can give you the goggles.

It was open for sure. Still making "Rearm and refuel" apparently, afer copying NVG request. Voice Attack recognizes NVG request as it should.

• Like 1

Vaicom been all messed up for me today, it would recognize first command but no subsequent afterwards. Then pretty much stopped working. I would get confirmation beep but it would not accept any commands. Guess it is no longer supported either seems. Will see if a fresh start tomorrow changes anything.

Anyone know of any decent alternatives to Vaicom? I do so hope Hollywood is ok though.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B