VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

8 hours ago, RedeyeStorm said:

No issues on my end.

Good to know, thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 7/6/2022 at 7:25 AM, dburne said:

That is odd , I used to switch to another profile other than Vaicom for another flight sim with no problems but that was some time ago.

The VAICOM plugin is still loaded when you do that. It just doesn't have anyone to talk to since you haven't loaded the profile, and presumably DCS isn't running at the same time as the other sim. So it sits in the background doing nothing except burning a few CPU cycles and some memory.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Has this program been abandoned by Hollywood? I have been out of the loop for a while. I have not seen any updates for many months. Mine still works mostly but some issues with AIRIO and certain commands that no longer work.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

there was an update for the apache just recently, so he seems to be working on it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

38 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

there was an update for the apache just recently, so he seems to be working on it.

This was last update:

26/03/2022 build update 2.5.27.3 
    - Support for UH-64D module

Apache still seems to not be fully supported.

He last visited the forum on April 15th, last posted on forum back in Jan. Just hope he is well.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I wouldnt expect full support for multicrew heli modules anyways since those are multi choice kinda options. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon...the vaicom discord has always been quiet.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I wouldnt expect full support for multicrew heli modules anyways since those are multi choice kinda options. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon...the vaicom discord has always been quiet.

No but basic support would be kinda nice. Again he has not posted in quite some time. I don't bother to start vaicom/voice attack when flying the apache. Last post I saw him offering assistance was in Jan.

Again though I just hope he is well.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Turns out it doesn't quite work like that.  My main problem is that the radio commands for the apache don't execute when they're recognized.  Sometimes I can force it by repeatedly pressing the radio button but thats not really a solution.  I've alread got other commands on voice attack in that profile, but radio commands won't work while VAICOM is running as it takes over the radio.  Alas, having a different profile doesn't seem to work either as the plugin isn't connected to a profile so its still running in the background even when I've deleted all the commands.  Looks like my only solution is to disable the plugin and restart voice attack each time I switch to the Apache.  Even creating a new profile still loads up VAICOM in the background preventing my own radio commands from running.
You mean that the radio commands with F keys don't even work. Which I assume you use with your own commands.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You mean that the radio commands with F keys don't even work. Which I assume you use with your own commands.

Cheers!

That’s correct. Even using the default radio menu doesn’t work properly in the Apache when VAICOM is running. Mostly an issue with trying to command wingmen. I don’t even bother with ATC anymore. 

That’s correct. Even using the default radio menu doesn’t work properly in the Apache when VAICOM is running. Mostly an issue with trying to command wingmen. I don’t even bother with ATC anymore. 
Have you hidden the menu through VAICOM?
If yes, what happens if you unhide it?

Might be a redundant tip, but you are aware that the radio menu is not "\" backslash anymore? Default single radio is "RAlt + \", like in the Apache.

Can't remember if this works though. To disable VAICOM, just go into VoiceAttack plugins, and un-tick VAICOM from the list.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you hidden the menu through VAICOM?
If yes, what happens if you unhide it?

Might be a redundant tip, but you are aware that the radio menu is not "\" backslash anymore? Default single radio is "RAlt + \", like in the Apache.

Can't remember if this works though. To disable VAICOM, just go into VoiceAttack plugins, and un-tick VAICOM from the list.

Cheers!

You sure the \ command has been changed? Works on the ground...in the air, not so much.

My wallpaper and skins

You sure the \ command has been changed? Works on the ground...in the air, not so much.
My bad! You're absolutely correct. I forgot to specify the difference between ground/air.
Not sure, but could easy comms make a difference as well?
Cheers!

46 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

My bad! You're absolutely correct. I forgot to specify the difference between ground/air.
Not sure, but could easy comms make a difference as well?
Cheers!

Ive not used easy comms in a bit, but fairly certain they would. Dont feel too bad about the \ trick, I found out about it the hard way doing the UH-1H Argo campaign where the only way I could get comms to work is using the radio PTT instead.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

May I get some help? I'm really, really fed up and frustrated. 

I have been struggling with VAICOM Pro for 3 years. I own all the DLC packs but I still cannot get it to work. 

Specifically:

1: It will NOT understand me when I say "Kneeboard" - it just thinks I've said nonsense but then thinks I said 'boar' and is waiting for further input. 

2: The Kneeboard page if I bring it up manually using a DCS keybind DOES NOT respond to mouse clicks so I can't change tabs on the VIACOM Page.

3: It doesn't recognise next page / next tab / previous page / previous tab, so I'm STILL unable to change tabs. 

4: The 'speech recognition phrases' that you need to say to get VIACOM to actually display a specific tab are hidden INSIDE THAT SAME TAB YOU WANT TO CHANGE TO - So if you don't know the phrase, you cant see it anywhere on the kneeboard first!!

5: Despite speaking literally the Queen's English (RP), and doing the long boring Windows Speech Improvement processes three times, I still cannot get this damn thing to recognise me reliably; yes I have the rejection and other levels set according to the manual.

6: Because I have DCS on a different drive, I have to set the 'Custom DCS Folder' option; but no where in the config panel, or the manual does it specify if I have to make it point to the CORE GAME INSTALL FOLDER, or the folder under SAVED GAMES. It makes sense to point it to the SAVED GAMES one, because any 3rd party app that plays around with EXPORT.LUA is always doing it in the SAVED GAMES DCS folder, but with VIACOM you have to guess. 

7: When entering the licence key code and email address it doesn't clear out the text box or replace the text in it automatically, you have to do that each time. That's just lazy/poor UX programming.

8: I want the option to keep the Jester radial menu even if I have AIRIO I stalled; don’t take my choices away!

This is just an exercise in frustration and futility; has been every time I've tried to set this up over the last 2-3 years. I haven't even installed AIRIO despite purchasing it because if I can't get it to work the damn kneeboard, what chance do I have with that!?

UPDATE: I've MANUALLY Trained it to understand how I say "Kneeboard" using the control panel and EDITOR tab with the selected command phrase 'Kneeboard'.

Here are the training results.

image.jpeg

Then here is me, trying to use it in-game…

image.jpeg

Edited by Elphaba

19 hours ago, Elphaba said:

1: It will NOT understand me when I say "Kneeboard" - it just thinks I've said nonsense but then thinks I said 'boar' and is waiting for further input. 

2: The Kneeboard page if I bring it up manually using a DCS keybind DOES NOT respond to mouse clicks so I can't change tabs on the VIACOM Page.

3: It doesn't recognise next page / next tab / previous page / previous tab, so I'm STILL unable to change tabs. 

4: The 'speech recognition phrases' that you need to say to get VIACOM to actually display a specific tab are hidden INSIDE THAT SAME TAB YOU WANT TO CHANGE TO - So if you don't know the phrase, you cant see it anywhere on the kneeboard first!!

5: Despite speaking literally the Queen's English (RP), and doing the long boring Windows Speech Improvement processes three times, I still cannot get this damn thing to recognise me reliably; yes I have the rejection and other levels set according to the manual.

6: Because I have DCS on a different drive, I have to set the 'Custom DCS Folder' option; but no where in the config panel, or the manual does it specify if I have to make it point to the CORE GAME INSTALL FOLDER, or the folder under SAVED GAMES. It makes sense to point it to the SAVED GAMES one, because any 3rd party app that plays around with EXPORT.LUA is always doing it in the SAVED GAMES DCS folder, but with VIACOM you have to guess. 

7: When entering the licence key code and email address it doesn't clear out the text box or replace the text in it automatically, you have to do that each time. That's just lazy/poor UX programming.

8: I want the option to keep the Jester radial menu even if I have AIRIO I stalled; don’t take my choices away!

On #1 and #5, assuming you have done the correct FINISH step as documented then the problem is with your speech recognition. This is not a VAICOM problem since VAICOM does not do speech recognition. Rather it relies on Microsoft Speech Recognition to do that. If you are having trouble I recommend getting a better microphone. That worked wonders for me.

On #2, #3, and #4: The tabs are not clickable. Stop trying. Nothing in the documentation suggests they should be clickable. And you are correct that it doesn't recognize those next/previous commands. They are not VAICOM commands. You can program your own Next/Previous Page commands in VoiceAttack quite easily. To switch tabs you do need to memorize the correct phrases. There aren't very many.

On #6 you need the custom path to point to where DCS is installed. VAICOM messes around with DCS itself, not just with export.lua, and so it needs to know where DCS itself is installed. This is well documented. Search the manual for "Use custom DCS path." Note that only time you need to use this is if the DCS registry keys are messed up, which usually occurs because you moved DCS manually without updating the registry keys. VAICOM helpfully provides a way to fix those registry keys so that you can stop using the custom path option.

#7 Yes it's annoying but since you hardly ever have to do this, and can easily deal with it using the backspace key, it's not really a big deal.

#8 You are not alone in wanting that. But the developer has said previously that this is not possible for technical reasons. There is a workaround, which is to start your mission with VoiceAttack not running, and only start VoiceAttack once you are in the F-14 cockpit. This works for one mission, and then you need to exit DCS and VoiceAttack to reset it for the next one, since ARIO will take over the wheel if it is running each time you spawn a new F-14.

UPDATE. Your UPDATE suggests that VoiceAttack is unable to match your spoken word Kneeboard to one of the recognized commands. That could be due to not having properly completed the FINISH step when installing or updating VAICOM. The FINISH step is needed to make sure that VoiceAttack knows that "Kneeboard" is one of the words it should be looking for.

Edited by sthompson

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

UPDATE. Your UPDATE suggests that VoiceAttack is unable to match your spoken word Kneeboard to one of the recognized commands. That could be due to not having properly completed the FINISH step when installing or updating VAICOM. The FINISH step is needed to make sure that VoiceAttack knows that "Kneeboard" is one of the words it should be looking for.

Capture.JPG

FINISH doesn't need doing and the TEST say's it's okay. 

I am now unable to even get it to train to learn 'Kneeboard', 'JTAC' and 'ATC'... it can't understand them when I say them - and I say them correctly just like everyone else. I do the training in the EDITOR tab and it can't recognise them.

I'm MY OWN Voice Attack Profile I have those phrases and it recognises them 100% of the time, to trigger my own key stroke commands.

The problem is with VIACOM not with either the Speech Recognition, Voice Attack or how I say the words. 

5 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Capture.JPG

FINISH doesn't need doing and the TEST say's it's okay. 

I am now unable to even get it to train to learn 'Kneeboard', 'JTAC' and 'ATC'... it can't understand them when I say them - and I say them correctly just like everyone else. I do the training in the EDITOR tab and it can't recognise them.

I'm MY OWN Voice Attack Profile I have those phrases and it recognises them 100% of the time, to trigger my own key stroke commands.

The problem is with VIACOM not with either the Speech Recognition, Voice Attack or how I say the words. 

These are the commands to utilize the Kneeboard tabs as I understand it.

LOG: "Show Log", "Show Tasking Order"
AWACS: "AWACS"
JTAC: "Anvil"
ATC: "ATC", "Tower", "Traffic", airport or supercarrier name (Batumi, Roosevelt)
AAR: "Tanker", tanker callsign like Texaco, Shell
FLIGHT: "Flight"
AOCS: "Crystal Palace"
REF: "Crew", "Chief", "Sarge"
NOTES: "Show Notes"

The "Finish" step is to export/replace the commands DB in Voice Attack.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 162152.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

8 hours ago, Sr. said:

These are the commands to utilize the Kneeboard tabs as I understand it.

LOG: "Show Log", "Show Tasking Order"
AWACS: "AWACS"
JTAC: "Anvil"
ATC: "ATC", "Tower", "Traffic", airport or supercarrier name (Batumi, Roosevelt)
AAR: "Tanker", tanker callsign like Texaco, Shell
FLIGHT: "Flight"
AOCS: "Crystal Palace"
REF: "Crew", "Chief", "Sarge"
NOTES: "Show Notes"

The "Finish" step is to export/replace the commands DB in Voice Attack.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 162152.jpg

What kind of developer makes tags with labels for a speech system that aren’t even the words you need to say to switch to them?! This is lousy UX ‘design’.

For ‘REF’ - it wont switch if I say “CHIEF’ or ‘CREW” but it will switch if I say them together - ‘CREW CHIEF’ Sigh…

KNEEBOARD, ATC, ACOS, JTAC & AWACS don’t work  Tower, Operator and Crystal Palace do.. but I still have to use a button to toggle show/hide - VIACOM thinks im saying ‘the boar’ and then is waiting for further input  doesn’t matter how much I train them.

Does someone want to buy my licences? This isn’t worth the money I’ve wasted. 

2 hours ago, Elphaba said:

What kind of developer makes tags with labels for a speech system that aren’t even the words you need to say to switch to them?! This is lousy UX ‘design’.

For ‘REF’ - it wont switch if I say “CHIEF’ or ‘CREW” but it will switch if I say them together - ‘CREW CHIEF’ Sigh…

KNEEBOARD, ATC, ACOS, JTAC & AWACS don’t work  Tower, Operator and Crystal Palace do.. but I still have to use a button to toggle show/hide - VIACOM thinks im saying ‘the boar’ and then is waiting for further input  doesn’t matter how much I train them.

I use VSPX Processing (Preference Tab) and seems better understanding my command, I use VR Mic so it's close, to switch between vaicom kneeboard pages I use the following and they always work:

for ATC: "ATC PAGE"

for JTAC: "ANVIL PAGE"

for AAR: "ARCO PAGE"

for AWACS: "DARKSTAR PAGE"

for Ground Crew: "CHIEF PAGE"

"SHOW LOG" and "SHOW NOTES"

I setup VOICEATTACK as per VAICOM instruction (very important and depending if using VSPX or not), at the beginning a little bit of mess with the mic selection but as I setup it correctly the APP works nice and in VR I find it very useful.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elphaba said:

You'll get no argument from me on this one. 🤣

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hi friends! I have ran into a weird issue. I have easy comms on and bond a joy button to TX4. Somehow, I managed to get listening and resume backwards. Now when I press the joystick button it mutes VA and when I let go of the button it goes to listening mode. I have the map button set to norm. When I change the mode to single the joy button listens when I press and hold and mutes when released like it should but I get 12:29:07.504 PTT: use an active TX node error after I speak a command like ATC - Batumi - inbound. Not sure what I did that caused this to change.

3 hours ago, bclinton said:

Hi friends! I have ran into a weird issue. I have easy comms on and bond a joy button to TX4. Somehow, I managed to get listening and resume backwards. Now when I press the joystick button it mutes VA and when I let go of the button it goes to listening mode. I have the map button set to norm. When I change the mode to single the joy button listens when I press and hold and mutes when released like it should but I get 12:29:07.504 PTT: use an active TX node error after I speak a command like ATC - Batumi - inbound. Not sure what I did that caused this to change.

Reversals of this sort sometimes occur when you do not hold the TX button down long enough when giving your command. Make sure you hear the acknowledgement beep before releasing the button. The second issue likely is something else. It would help to get screen shots of your PTT page and to see the log file (turn on debugging first) that shows the error. My suspicion is that you do not have the TX set properly for single PTT mode. This may be module dependent.

• Like 1

Hello,

I am having an issue with VA and VAICOM.

Apologies if this was asked before, but it is a recurring problem for me that I can't figure out how to solve permanently.

Basically, VAICOM does not recognise my modules. All the settings are correct, I have tried to reset the .lua files multiple times, as well as deleting the Export files and reinstalling VA and VAICOM altogether.

I also sometimes get a constant Intercomm popup in game, even without pressing / saying anything.

Please help :(

Hello,

I am having an issue with VA and VAICOM.
Apologies if this was asked before, but it is a recurring problem for me that I can't figure out how to solve permanently.
Basically, VAICOM does not recognise my modules. All the settings are correct, I have tried to reset the .lua files multiple times, as well as deleting the Export files and reinstalling VA and VAICOM altogether.
I also sometimes get a constant Intercomm popup in game, even without pressing / saying anything.

Please help :(
Close DCS, close VA
Rename export.lua
Do a complete repair of DCS
Start VA
Start DCS

If this doesn't work, post screen grabs of VAICOM settings.
Remember to always close VA while updating DCS, and start VA before DCS after an update. So running the DCS updater manually, is the best way.

EDIT: Post your VA log too.