VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

On 7/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, BMGZ06 said:

Has this program been abandoned by Hollywood? I have been out of the loop for a while. I have not seen any updates for many months. Mine still works mostly but some issues with AIRIO and certain commands that no longer work.

I've been wondering the same thing and haven't seen an answer.  Anyone know?  

Which commands? About a year ago or so, I had to uncheck Import F10 menu, because after awhile it seemed to confuse VoiceAttack with many similar commands. So I just made a new profile, unchecked the Import F10 Menu function and haven't had a problem since.

I too wonder about Hollywood though.

1 hour ago, adirtynurse said:

Which commands? About a year ago or so, I had to uncheck Import F10 menu, because after awhile it seemed to confuse VoiceAttack with many similar commands. So I just made a new profile, unchecked the Import F10 Menu function and haven't had a problem since.

I too wonder about Hollywood though.

Hmm I will try that out then since I think it is checked. I have been able to get some commands to work again but it was due to the fact that only one of the radios the AN ARC 182 is the one working now to respond to commands. Used to be both would. I have a feeling that this add on will stop working totally once ED finally upgrades the core engine...well if that ever happens I guess. But AIRIO and ATC will likely die off which is sad since I have come to rely on it and enjoy it over normal VA profile commands. None of the other Vaicom features give me an issue though. Just the AIRIO.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Question about using SRS along with my custom VA profile along with vaicom in auto mode. (mic switch bound to one button for all vaicom commands)

I have hot mode enabled that allows me to say things like flaps up, gear up etc without hitting the transmit button. I use the transmit button when I want to use the vaicom commands like ATC - request taxi etc....that seems to work fine but I want to understand the best way to also use SRS when I start joining MP servers. What would be the best way to integrate SRS into my setup? I like auto mode because I have one button to press and worry about instead of having to use separate mic buttons. I like the hot mode on because I don't want to have to press the mic button each time for simple flight commands like flaps up. If I use a vaicom VA command without pressing the mic button I get this error "Command 'atc' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." which helps me keep the VA commands with vaicom separate. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by bclinton

5 hours ago, chichowalker said:

Anybody with idea of VAICOM update for Mirage F-1 support?

AS long as there is no news from @Hollywood_315 we won't know.
But VAICOM works fine in the F1.

Cheers!

EDIT: There are some bugs with the radios in the F1 currently. It's not a VAICOM issue.

Edited by MAXsenna

5 hours ago, bclinton said:

Question about using SRS along with my custom VA profile along with vaicom in auto mode. (mic switch bound to one button for all vaicom commands)

I have hot mode enabled that allows me to say things like flaps up, gear up etc without hitting the transmit button. I use the transmit button when I want to use the vaicom commands like ATC - request taxi etc....that seems to work fine but I want to understand the best way to also use SRS when I start joining MP servers. What would be the best way to integrate SRS into my setup? I like auto mode because I have one button to press and worry about instead of having to use separate mic buttons. I like the hot mode on because I don't want to have to press the mic button each time for simple flight commands like flaps up. If I use a vaicom VA command without pressing the mic button I get this error "Command 'atc' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." which helps me keep the VA commands with vaicom separate. 

You can try the built in SRS integration modes in VAICOM, which will permit you to use the same PTT for SRS and VAICOM. But I find those modes very awkward and I strongly prefer using a separate PTT for SRS. Furthermore, the one button approach is not going to give you full functionality on SRS since you can only bind it to one radio SRS radio. Also, keep in mind that VAICOM's AUTO mode is only available if Easy Communications are turned on, and not all MP servers support Easy Communications.

The way I've done it is to have three separate PTT buttons configured for VAICOM corresponding to the TX1-TX3 channels. The same three buttons are configured as radio selection buttons in SRS. I leave the SRS option for radio select to also serve as PTT turned off, and instead bind a separate PTT button for SRS. That way I get full PTT functionality on up to three radios for both VAICOM and SRS out of four buttons, and do not need to rely on easy communications. When using VAICOM I just key one of the three TX buttons and give my voice command. Nothing goes out over SRS. When using SRS I use the same three buttons to select a radio, but then release the button and press the SRS PTT before talking on PTT. That way SRS hears my voice, but VoiceAttack and VAICOM do not.

Another option is to leave the SRS option for radio select to also serve as PTT turned on. Then the three TX buttons also are PTT for SRS. This means that those listening to you on SRS will hear your VAICOM voice commands (and vice versa). In some respects this is more realistic, but I prefer to keep the SRS and VAICOM communications separate.

BTW, if you also bind TX5 for VAICOM you can use that to talk to ground crew, and it also works for giving your custom VoiceAttack commands without having them go out over the SRS radio.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 7/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, sthompson said:

You can try the built in SRS integration modes in VAICOM, which will permit you to use the same PTT for SRS and VAICOM. But I find those modes very awkward and I strongly prefer using a separate PTT for SRS. Furthermore, the one button approach is not going to give you full functionality on SRS since you can only bind it to one radio SRS radio. Also, keep in mind that VAICOM's AUTO mode is only available if Easy Communications are turned on, and not all MP servers support Easy Communications.

The way I've done it is to have three separate PTT buttons configured for VAICOM corresponding to the TX1-TX3 channels. The same three buttons are configured as radio selection buttons in SRS. I leave the SRS option for radio select to also serve as PTT turned off, and instead bind a separate PTT button for SRS. That way I get full PTT functionality on up to three radios for both VAICOM and SRS out of four buttons, and do not need to rely on easy communications. When using VAICOM I just key one of the three TX buttons and give my voice command. Nothing goes out over SRS. When using SRS I use the same three buttons to select a radio, but then release the button and press the SRS PTT before talking on PTT. That way SRS hears my voice, but VoiceAttack and VAICOM do not.

Another option is to leave the SRS option for radio select to also serve as PTT turned on. Then the three TX buttons also are PTT for SRS. This means that those listening to you on SRS will hear your VAICOM voice commands (and vice versa). In some respects this is more realistic, but I prefer to keep the SRS and VAICOM communications separate.

BTW, if you also bind TX5 for VAICOM you can use that to talk to ground crew, and it also works for giving your custom VoiceAttack commands without having them go out over the SRS radio.

Thanks for this info! Very helpful. My main reason for auto mode was lack of buttons. I do plan on getting a different hotas setup (virpil) in time so should have more flexibility. Wrapping my head around all of this is has been challenging. 🙂

• Like 1

Bug - anyone know what's causing this/how to fix? Thanks:
DCS comms menu text keeps appearing every few seconds (in VR) when Voicattack is running and no keys pressed. 

If I close voiceattack issue goes away. If I launch voiceattack to use Vaicom pro, the comms menu keeps showing every few seconds. Close it, pops up again seconds later.

So distracting in VR that I've stopped using Vaicom Pro. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks

41 minutes ago, Solemn-laugh said:

DCS comms menu text keeps appearing every few seconds (in VR) when Voicattack is running and no keys pressed. 

If I close voiceattack issue goes away. If I launch voiceattack to use Vaicom pro, the comms menu keeps showing every few seconds. Close it, pops up again seconds later.

Ï also had that one.
Both softwares Voiceattack and VAICOM are uninstalled again so I can help you.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

41 minutes ago, Solemn-laugh said:

You probably updated DCS while VA was running.
The procedure should be. Close DCS, close VA, update DCS, start VA, start DCS.

You can try to fix it by closing DCS and VA, and start VA first, then DCS.
If that doesn't work. Close DCS, close VA. Do a full repair of DCS , then start VA and then DCS.
If that still doesn't work, you can try repairing the export.lua.

I am unable to get the TX setting to work correctly. When I long press, listening does not suspend, despite following all of the steps in the manual. The only way for me to be able to talk over SRS with this setting is to basically go through 3 button clicks before I am able to speak, and Vaicom/VA are listening constantly for any communication.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, Raskil said:

Hi,

I use VAICOM Pro in TX Link mode with SRS. I can do the short TX button press without any issue. The command gets recognized executed and Vaicom suspens again.

Addionally I want to daisy chain my own Voice Attack profile, so I can get voice commands for a few things I need in VR (mainly holding down the FCS Bit switch in the FA-18 and for setting SRS overlay modes".

So I created a second voice attack profile with commands in them and linked them in the Vaicom Voice Attack profile under "Include commands fron other profiles".

If I tap the TX button now, I can say the commands from my own profile as well. They get executed as well, but unforteuneatly, Voice Attack/Vaicom does not go back to "Listening suspended" After my own command executed.

How can I fix that?

Regards

Raskil

Did you ever get this resolved?

On 7/31/2022 at 11:48 AM, MAXsenna said:

If that doesn't work. Close DCS, close VA. Do a full repair of DCS , then start VA and then DCS.

Thanks for your help @MAXsenna. I will try this. Fingers crossed.

On 7/16/2022 at 9:19 AM, pokeraccio said:

KNEEBOARD, ATC, ACOS, JTAC & AWACS don’t work

I have the kneeboard pages bound to a rotary dial, so just turn the dial to flip between them. Works really well. I think Viacom include info in manual for how to set this up.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 11:48 AM, MAXsenna said:

@MAXsenna repaired DCS and VA and VAICOM Pro – appears to have done the trick! Thanks.

• Like 1

I use the voice command "next" and "previous" to switch tabs on the Vaicom kneeboard.  Page 48 of the Vaicom manual shows you how.  Just use a voice command in VA instead of the keybind.  This way I can use my rotary knob to flip through the other pages of the kneeboard outside of the Vaicom kneeboard page.  Works very well. 

• Like 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Been running into a hell of a problem both in single and MP. All started after I reset my export lua due to flashing comms menu. That problem resolved but now whenever I transmit on a radio it adds an additional radio transmit in the voice attack window. One for each time I make a call out. It also seems to want to keep initializing chatter even though I don’t use it.  Attached a screenshot in a separate post in this forum to better demonstrate (struggling to get pic in here)

Edited by jasonstory44

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I´m experiencing an issue in my F/A18 C Hornet using vaicom pro plugin. When I request crew to install the NVG ("request NVG" command), I get response "copy" and then information "rearming complete". But I don´t get any NVG installed.

I tried to search this forum, there are plenty users reporting same issue since beginning of 2021, but no one responded or given any advice.

Is this a known bug of the vaicom pro plugin or is there any solution for this problem?

Thx.

Goliathus

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

Hey guys,

I´m experiencing an issue in my F/A18 C Hornet using vaicom pro plugin. When I request crew to install the NVG ("request NVG" command), I get response "copy" and then information "rearming complete". But I don´t get any NVG installed.

I tried to search this forum, there are plenty users reporting same issue since beginning of 2021, but no one responded or given any advice.

Is this a known bug of the vaicom pro plugin or is there any solution for this problem?

Thx.

Goliathus

I could never get that to work either, so I went with the Options route. I have Options ticked on in the Vaicom settings.

Then I say Options which brings up the menu, and take 1, 2, 3, etc for whatever selection is appropriate to get me to NVG install. A bit of a pain but it is one time and done for that flight, and better than trying to reach keys on my keyboard with VR headset on.

Using Options is a good choice for those commands that are difficult to get through.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Make sure your cockpit is open prior to the request.  The ground crew has to attach the NVG to your helmet.

• Thanks 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

13 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Make sure your cockpit is open prior to the request.  The ground crew has to attach the NVG to your helmet.

Seems unnecessarily tedious... I mean it's not like a dude walks over to do this. 😉

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

10 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Seems unnecessarily tedious... I mean it's not like a dude walks over to do this. 😉

Hehe! Yeah, but many modules requires you have the canopy open when suff goes in and out of the cockpit. I nice touch would be like in the Jeff. If you request to have the data cartridge updated, and you forget to open the canopy. The ground crew will knock on it. A very nice touch of you ask me. 😊 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tshark said:

Thx, I´ll try this later when I get back to DCS this week.

But as I remember things, this was not the reason why it didn´t work. I can recall one time when I got reply to my request "Unable to comply" (or something similar) with additional information that my cocpit isn´t accessible due to canopy closed. But after I opened the canopy, I got only "rearming complete" reply and no NVG was installed at all.

It seems to me like if only the VAICOM PRO plugin doesn´t work with this command correctly, because using the menu I have no issue at all. I checked the voiceattack if my command was recognized properly and it was, but in game it didn´t force the ground crew to equip me with NVGs.

I´m able to overcome this issue by using the menu, but I like to play the game without the menu and with "hide on-screen text" enabled.