VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

This is nuts - dang thing still being offered for sale on the Vaicom website. Did Hollywood seriously not have any buddies on the DCS forums he tended to communicate with?  And no one has a clue what has happened with him?

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So what is the best way to get the comms menu to function again aside from a full repair which I have not seen anyone say actually work. Also is there a right way to uninstall vaicom? I tried commenting out the export lua code with "--" and disabling the plugin support in voiceattack but nothing works.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

1 minute ago, BMGZ06 said:

So what is the best way to get the comms menu to function again aside from a full repair which I have not seen anyone say actually work. Also is there a right way to uninstall vaicom? I tried commenting out the export lua code with "--" and disabling the plugin support in voiceattack but nothing works.

I did a quick repair + commented out the line in export lua and it worked fine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlexCaboose said:

I did a quick repair + commented out the line in export lua and it worked fine.

is commenting out the export lua done by using "--" or \ or /? I have no idea

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I’m keeping a copy of stable branch 2.7 that I’m not going to update, and I’ve amended the shortcut to run dcs.exe instead of dcs_updater. That’s the closest thing to a solution I’ve got.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

If you want to uninstall it completely (it's just a matter of time), you need to:

- go to the RESET Page (Vaicom VoiceAttack Panel)
- tick all options on the left, then click
- MASTER ZERO on the right
once done
- close voice attack
- go to voice attack folder, Apps, delete vaicom folder there
once done
- go to savegames/dcs/scripts/export.lua and edit the file (notepad++ for example)
- delete vaicom line

After that:
- slow repair

I also looked for anything vaicom in saved games/dcs or saved games/dcs.openbeta and deleted that too.
After the slow repair you can reinstall you mods (if any - voice mod from echo 19 works, F5E RWR fix works also).

Now you completely have purged Vaicom Pro from your system!

Edited by Griefhard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn, it had to happen, but I can hardly imagine playing without VAICOM - especially in VR.

I guess the devs didn't have VAICOM in mind. Do you think there might be a chance that they would have a look at it and check if the changes they introduced with 2.8 might be adapted so that it will work again?

Edited by Hive
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hive said:

Do you think there might be a chance that they would have a look at it and check if the changes they introduced with 2.8 might be adapted so that it will work again?

No. It's 3rd party responsibilities to keep up with the changes. I wouldn't expect DCS to do this normally - and definitely not to an app/mod/addon that the author himself has abandoned. 

I run off Stable Release so I've still got a few more weeks (or months maybe looking at the amount of bugs being reported 😉) before I have to worry about uninstalling VAICOM as well. Really going to miss it - DCS isn't going to be the same. It's the things that are done by hooks that do things that we can't do with button presses/macro's that's really the issue for me. 

It would be really nice to see Hollywood release this open source to the community so we can keep it running, but I think the only hope we've got is a brand new community made open source option really. 

• Like 2

What’s the command for a slow repair? I guess “dcs_updater repair” only does the quick repair?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Horns:

What’s the command for a slow repair? I guess “dcs_updater repair” only does the quick repair?

It should ask in the dialogue. There is a checkbox. 

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Griefhard:

If you want to uninstall it completely (it's just a matter of time), you need to:

- go to the RESET Page (Vaicom VoiceAttack Panel)
- tick all options on the left, then click
- MASTER ZERO on the right
once done
- close voice attack
- go to voice attack folder, Apps, delete vaicom folder there
once done
- go to savegames/dcs/scripts/export.lua and edit the file (notepad++ for example)
- delete vaicom line

After that:
- slow repair

I also looked for anything vaicom in saved games/dcs or saved games/dcs.openbeta and deleted that too.
After the slow repair you can reinstall you mods (if any - voice mod from echo 19 works, F5E RWR fix works also).

Now you completely have purged Vaicom Pro from your system!

Thanks a lot, this worked for me to get it back to Vanilla state at least...now on the hunt for an Alternative for Vaicom though

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Well maybe DCS can create their own version of Viacom  and sell it as an module/add on. I'm sure it would sell pretty good.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Outlaw24:

Well maybe DCS can create their own version of Viacom  and sell it as an module/add on. I'm sure it would sell pretty good.

I doubt that will happen in a the near future. We need to look for an alternative for now

• Like 2

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Is the problem with not having vaicom in VR to do with having to use a keyboard you can't see to enter commands, or does it go beyond that (eg menus not appearing)? I'm a flat screen user, I was going to buy a VR headset for flying the Tomcat, wondering if that's still an option...

So far I have not found anything similar to Vaicom Pro. Probably someone has to redo the whole thing. 

The people from DCS Bios and DCS Flightpanels do a similar thing with button/switch input but it's not configured for ATC and I doubt they will start a project like that.

3 minutes ago, Horns said:

Is the problem with not having vaicom in VR to do with having to use a keyboard you can't see to enter commands, or does it go beyond that (eg menus not appearing)? I'm a flat screen user, I was going to buy a VR headset for flying the Tomcat, wondering if that's still an option...

It simply has to do with Vaicom Pro. If you don't have it, everything works just fine. If you have it, Comms Menu won't show and the ATC voice commands do nothing.

It's got nothing to do with DCS, the jets or VR. All of that runs perfectly fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah when it comes to dealing with ATC Vaicom Pro was the bees knees for sure.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It‘s really sad…..but I think it‘s time to remove Vaicom from my signature😢

As it was never really working in the AH64D, I stopped using it a few weeks ago. 
But now with the changes in 2.18 …seems like a kind of an end of the road.😢😢😢

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

1 hour ago, Convexrook said:

Here to hoping @Hollywood_315 is ok. let's keep some hope he returns to make VR us happy again.

Well he ( or someone) did in April to get a new update out, whilst being absent from the forums since early Jan. Which was pretty odd.

Can it happen again? 

• Like 2

Don B