VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Could someone please tell me the word sequence to tell Jester to manually tune to a frequency, for instance 225.5? I expect this info is available somewhere, I did try searching but couldn't find the magic words.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Greetings folks. New DCS and Viacom pro user here. Was wondering if there are profiles that have the basic flight commands included like flaps, gear AP etc......I am learning the A-10C and noticed that the profile I am using does not have any included. Is that something I need to add manually and if so is there a list of the ones that are most valuable to get me started?

Thanks!

Vaicom does not include these - you can either add manually or see if others on this forum (for instance Bailey) have profiles for the aircraft you want. You can then add these commands into Vaicom using a configuration option - am away from my PC at the moment but will post exactly how to do this later

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Greetings folks. New DCS and Viacom pro user here. Was wondering if there are profiles that have the basic flight commands included like flaps, gear AP etc......I am learning the A-10C and noticed that the profile I am using does not have any included. Is that something I need to add manually and if so is there a list of the ones that are most valuable to get me started?

Thanks!

Sorry, was looking for one myself, but none turned up after searching.

But you know you are looking for a VoiceAttack profile, and not a VAICOM one, right?

And @hornblower793 is correct, track back a few posts, and you'll see what needs to be done!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna

Sorry, was looking for one myself, but none turned up after searching.

But you know you are looking for a VoiceAttack profile, and not a VAICOM one, right?

And @hornblower793 is correct, track back a few posts, and you'll see what needs to be done!

Yes. I will kjeep trying to find one and let you know if it it turns up.

Thanks.

I found this one from the forums. It's a good start. I added flaps but plan on going through it more to see what else can be added. Having this to start with is a time saver.
Nice catch! Funny I didn't see it.

Nice catch! Funny I didn't see it.

Ya, it wasnt in the first few threads I opened. I have been adding several so far. It has start and stop voice in it which appears to turn off and on listening. I need to figure out how to have listening on full time so I dont have to keep pressing the mic just to do simple things like flaps.

Ya, it wasnt in the first few threads I opened. I have been adding several so far. It has start and stop voice in it which appears to turn off and on listening. I need to figure out how to have listening on full time so I dont have to keep pressing the mic just to do simple things like flaps.
You want it to listen all the time?

Or just for testing?

From the top of my head I can't remember how to b make it listen all the time, but I think somebody asked the same question a couple of weeks back. If you search in the thread you might find it.

If only testing, it's just a matter of clicking the headphones icon on VA, but it turns off as soon as you press a TX button while the VAICOM profile is active.

You can achieve an awful lot of cool stuff in VA. Have a look at one of Bailey's profiles and you'll learn a LOT!!!

Also with VAICOM you get some cool VA stuff. Like the variables. Haven't had time to check it out before, (priorites, priorities...), but I'm gonna build a couple of "catch all" VA profiles for stuff that are common among modules.

Had a re-watch of one of @Hollywood_315's videos, and it worked well. Now I close canopies and helicopter doors with the same profile and same command.

I think it says in the manual that one need the TX6 to achieve this, but it worked anyway, also without the VAICOM profile loaded, which I hope for!

After the latest update I seem to get a :

TX1 Press, Listening resumed , Listening suspended

on the TX1 press? anyone seeing the same?

only in aircraft, it works just fine outside

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

OK , not going bananas .. thanks for that

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

yes i did. it typcially wont recognize the aircraft in that scenario. in this scenario it recognizes the aircraft, and will even do voice rec in menu, but it will detect a release of the listening , before the button is released.

its a bug.

i re downloaded 2.5.17 and it works perfectly again:

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicompro_2_5_17.zip

Edited by speed-of-heat

yes i did. it typcially wont recognize the aircraft in that scenario. in this scenario it recognizes the aircraft, and will even do voice rec in menu, but it will detect a release of the listening , before the button is released.

its a bug.

Badger,

thanks!

redownloading old version

its a bug.

Ah! It updated today...

I get it, been playing all day long so no updates yet for me. Still on 2.5.17

I'll test it now.

has to be in game in mission , works fine out of mission

Sorry, what do you mean?

Changing how you say the command?

That you do in the keywords editor. Just add an alias.

Or do you want to add commands that do not exist in VAICOM like cockpit controls or whatever. To achieve that, I do it this way.

Make a completely new Voice Attack profile. Add your commands and test it to make sure everything's working.

Select the VAICOM profile, edit, click options.

"Include commands from other profiles:"

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select the profile you just made, or whatever other VoiceAttack profile, as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

You save you a lot of redundant work, check if there already exists profiles for your module. Bailey's are excellent!

That's what I needed. I wanted to add an "alias". It's much easier to ask a question when one knows the verbiage lol. For some reason I couldn't edit the newly created alias after pressing "add new". When I started typing in the command phrase box it started pulling up other command phrases. I ended up having to type out the phrase in notepad then copy and paste into the command phrase box, then click apply. I not sure if that's how it is or if I missed something. Example: click "add new". It created the alias "ground power on1". I couldn't edit it. I had to paste in my new phrase from notepad. I did watch Hollywood's youtube vid but he just clicked the add new button and didn't show how exactly to edit it the new alias that it created.

Anyway, that worked. Thanks for taking the time to help, I appreciate it. :thumbup:

Cheers! :thumbup:

That's what I needed. I wanted to add an "alias". It's much easier to ask a question when one knows the verbiage lol. For some reason I couldn't edit the newly created alias after pressing "add new". When I started typing in the command phrase box it started pulling up other command phrases. I ended up having to type out the phrase in notepad then copy and paste into the command phrase box, then click apply. I not sure if that's how it is or if I missed something. Example: click "add new". It created the alias "ground power on1". I couldn't edit it. I had to paste in my new phrase from notepad. I did watch Hollywood's youtube vid but he just clicked the add new button and didn't show how exactly to edit it the new alias that it created.

Anyway, that worked. Thanks for taking the time to help, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

Glad to help!

But you sure are correct. There is some strange behavior regarding adding aliases now, that didn't happen before.

Anybody else had this?

I haven't bothered to report as I thought I was doing something wrong.

@Hollywood_315 What happens is that when one press "Add New", you get the usual keyword with the "1" at the end. Like "Action Something1"

1. When you edit and press "Apply" and then click the "Alias Arrow", next to the keyword, it just reverts to "Action Something1" and looks like it hasn't been altered, though it has, it's just not immediately reflected. After pressing "Finish" + steps, then reload. I think it's okay, so this is just annoying.

2. If I highlight "Action Something1", because I want to change the whole thing. As soon as I start typing it will jump to another keyword alphabetically and OVERWRITE whatever keyword you end up with.

This has happened to a couple of times when I didn't pay attention. So I know my keywords database is inconsistent, and I ain't gonna bother checking and correct it as I now have 970 keywords/aliases. I'll just wait until something doesn't work.

So if you can have a looksy at this, OR just tell me I'm doing this completely wrong, I'll be very happy!

Actually, I am happy, as VAICOM and VA are two of the best softwares I ever stumbled upon, and use them everyday!!!

Glad to help!

But you sure are correct. There is some strange behavior regarding adding aliases now, that didn't happen before.

Anybody else had this?

I haven't bothered to report as I thought I was doing something wrong.

@Hollywood_315 What happens is that when one press "Add New", you get the usual keyword with the "1" at the end. Like "Action Something1"

1. When you edit and press "Apply" and then click the "Alias Arrow", next to the keyword, it just reverts to "Action Something1" and looks like it hasn't been altered, though it has, it's just not immediately reflected. After pressing "Finish" + steps, then reload. I think it's okay, so this is just annoying.

2. If I highlight "Action Something1", because I want to change the whole thing. As soon as I start typing it will jump to another keyword alphabetically and OVERWRITE whatever keyword you end up with.

This has happened to a couple of times when I didn't pay attention. So I know my keywords database is inconsistent, and I ain't gonna bother checking and correct it as I now have 970 keywords/aliases. I'll just wait until something doesn't work.

So if you can have a looksy at this, OR just tell me I'm doing this completely wrong, I'll be very happy!

Actually, I am happy, as VAICOM and VA are two of the best softwares I ever stumbled upon, and use them everyday!!!

Yep I have the same issue now. Looks like a bug to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

re-upgraded works fine!

How did re-upgrade? I have the same issue and this morning it updated to 2.5.18 but still the same and I have the OB path and button enter and selected.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I downloaded 2.5.17 and then ran the upgrade again, the link is in my earlier post