VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I downloaded 2.5.17 and then ran the upgrade again, the link is in my earlier post
You let the autoupgrade run after you had manually graded to 2.5.17, right?

If there is a problem after autoupgrade to 2.5.18, maybe it's possible to just manually download the 2.5.18 and reapply, without going back through 2.5.17, to make the upgrade work.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You let the autoupgrade run after you had manually graded to 2.5.17, right?

If there is a problem after autoupgrade to 2.5.18, maybe it's possible to just manually download the 2.5.18 and reapply, without going back through 2.5.17, to make the upgrade work.

I first copy 2.5.17 in the voiceattack/app folder, started the software, it did not auto upgrade. copied 2.5.18 back in and still the same issue. I did discover that after 1 crash and see another airplane it works fine. like badger said when you are in the cockpit it does not.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Hi Guys,

I'm still confused about this, if i want to add an extra voice command like "Show Map" do i add this command in Vaicom Control Panel with Keyword Editor or in the Voiceattack Vaicom profile? The interaction between Vaicom and Voiceattack still confuses me :doh:

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I'm still confused about this, if i want to add an extra voice command like "Show Map" do i add this command in Vaicom Control Panel with Keyword Editor or in the Voiceattack Vaicom profile? The interaction between Vaicom and Voiceattack still confuses me :doh:

Thanks!

The best way to do it is to create a new profile in Voiceattack and then add extra commands to this (I fly VR so have added commands like telling me the real time so I remember to stop in time to sleep ). You can then set the Vaicom profile to include commands from this new profile (and any others) - will give precise instructions later when I have my PC on unless anyone beats me to it

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The best way to do it is to create a new profile in Voiceattack and then add extra commands to this (I fly VR so have added commands like telling me the real time so I remember to stop in time to sleep ). You can then set the Vaicom profile to include commands from this new profile (and any others) - will give precise instructions later when I have my PC on unless anyone beats me to it

Thanks that worked :thumbup:

Hollywood . . VA works awesome in SP, won't work in MP . . have tried everything, any suggestions, thanks in advance!

Update: Not sure what I did, but everything works again in SP and MP. I think it was the Reload and Finish that did it.

Edited by Chopper A-10
Problem solved

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

I still cant get viacom pro to work with 2.5.6.... Its over writing sound files in DCS that are not compatible. Are there new instructions avail on how to get this to work?
What are the exact issues you are seeing and are you standalone or Steam?

Have you set the custom path and checked OB in the Vaicom config screens?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What are the exact issues you are seeing and are you standalone or Steam?

Have you set the custom path and checked OB in the Vaicom config screens?

Voice Attack starts fine. The game wont start up if I start Voice Attack first. It looks like Voice attack is trying to write over or mod sound files in DCS which are locked. I have to run a repair on DCS to get it back.

Im running standalone

ok further info. Voice attack is creating a folder called Sounds in the DCS game directory. There is also a Sounds folder in my Saved Games directory. Is that where its supposed to be saving to. If so how do I aim voice Attack to Saved Games.

Its also writing to Scripts/UI

1509220947_corruptsystem.png.9323cd431c5a022f38976d87e60a3e4f.png

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Mirage 2000 test today.

Cold and dark.

Today, I had the same issue some of you described the other day. That pressing a TX and it would listen and immediately stop listening, even when the TX is still pressed.

That annoyed me and I was disappointed, as everything has been working flawlessly for the past month.

Restarted VA and DCS. Same problem.

Well continued through the cold start training and voliaa as soon as the radio was turned on everything was working again.

Did one more little test. Configured TX6 and 6, and what do you know, TX5 works.

I haven't used any modules before that has made this necessary. Well one learns something everyday.

It defaults to Viacom pro for DCS World
Well, actually, VA uses the last one selected by default. Choose another one, or if you don't have one, just make a new empty one.

Close DCS and Voice Attack, and the start both. And then switch to the VAICOM profile.

What happens then?

Voice Attack starts fine. The game wont start up if I start Voice Attack first. It looks like Voice attack is trying to write over or mod sound files in DCS which are locked. I have to run a repair on DCS to get it back.

Im running standalone

ok further info. Voice attack is creating a folder called Sounds in the DCS game directory. There is also a Sounds folder in my Saved Games directory. Is that where its supposed to be saving to. If so how do I aim voice Attack to Saved Games.

Its also writing to Scripts/UI

You’re using the beta DCS with either an old version of vaicom or forgetting to push the open beta button in the options. The location of the sounds changed in the latest open beta and so you need to make some changes to vaicom

I let it auto upgrade the second time

I did it and it worked. then 2.5.18.1 came out and has now twice suggested upgrading to 2.5.18.1 and I did both times. Let's see what it says tonight.

Thanks

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

You’re using the beta DCS with either an old version of vaicom or forgetting to push the open beta button in the options. The location of the sounds changed in the latest open beta and so you need to make some changes to vaicom

Rick in the Viacom config should I use the custom dcs path, if so what should it be aiming at?

Rick in the Viacom config should I use the custom dcs path, if so what should it be aiming at?
Yes! This is what we've been trying to tell you.

You must choose custom path to the Open Beta folder, AND check the OB check box.

The path is to drive:\path\eagle dynamics\DCS.OpenBeta\

Hopefully it will work now.

ok now Im getting it. Vaicom is basically an app that runs inside of Voice attack. If you use that directory that ob check box connects it to the beta........DoHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks all now I have to figure out how to use this.

vaicom.png.5c1fa1bfa840f8f3812a061edcdac20d.png

hi everyone, so many people still seem to have problems getting VAICOMPRO to run correctly...

if i updated DCS from 2.5.5x to 2.5.6x today, updated VAICOMPRO to the latest, and followed the manual by the letter, would it work, or are there some additional special steps to follow?

thanks.

I use vaicom pro on the stable and open beta with no problems.

I'm fairly new to dcs and voice attack with vaicom pro, so I relied heavy on the instructions to set it up.

In the moment it works like a charm on both dcs versions.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk