VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I guess VAICOM is more for people who want more realism/immersion than a menu would bring, but each to their own.

It's not about "realism" or "ImMeRsIoN" It's about backward capability ...

If the software had to do this "hack" and it's a software limitation then it should be stated before being able to purchase the damn thing ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

If the software had to do this "hack" and it's a software limitation then it should be stated before being able to purchase the damn thing ...

While you cannot see the wheel, you can do everything the Wheel does, including seeing options on screen so you do not have to remember all the commands. To allow this you need to tick the Hints Only option on the EX tab of the VAICOM profile window. You can then use the root commands of the multi-select options to show all possible options - in the specific case you mentioned it would be Track Single. Pages 44 and 45 of the manual cover this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I do see your point. Sometimes speaking is just not an option, and I have to use the old menu in DCS. But then I go onto the control panel, and enable it.

Can't compare to Jester wheel though, if you can easily turn AIRIO on and off, as I ain't got the Tomcat, yet.

Cross your fingers that Hollywood can pull something out his hat or sleeves.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Is there an option to change the chime for the "Sound Notification" for when the player mic is audible to other human players? I like the concept of hearing a tone, as I'm in VR but would like something a little lighter on the sound.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Well call me paranoid, but before I bought VAICOM and Chatter, I went through the whole pdf manual to understand what I'm I buying. :noexpression:

Well call me paranoid, but before I bought VAICOM and Chatter, I went through the whole pdf manual to understand what I'm I buying. :noexpression:

Ye, I didn't even think there might be an issue like this, I've researched quite a bit before buying but I've missed this part ; /

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

By trial, I discovered that VAICOM, at least on my system and/or my configuration, disables autoscroll of messages and therefore makes comms menu overlapped by said messages (see attached image).

attachment.php?attachmentid=235334&stc=1&d=1589040374

More precisely, I observed by clean installation of DCS and VAICOM and by using Winmerge, that VAICOM modifies at least five files in the scripts folder of root DCS installation (I currently use OB):

- common.lua

- speech.lua

- RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

- TabSheetBar.lua

- gameMessages.lua

VAICOM's modifications on these files, at least in my case, impede scrolling of messages, as described above, and makes the usage of comms menu pretty difficult, while messages are displayed onscreen.

After restoring the original files, messages start scrolling again, going UNDER the comms menu when you open it and so making it accessible (of course, unless you start again VAICOM, which will modify the files again).

Any idea about how I can prevent this misbehaviour?

Edited by Saruman

By trial, I discovered that VAICOM, at least on my system and/or my configuration, disables autoscroll of messages and therefore makes comms menu overlapped by said messages (see attached image).

attachment.php?attachmentid=235334&stc=1&d=1589040374

More precisely, I observed by clean installation of DCS and VAICOM and by using Winmerge, that VAICOM modifies at least five files in the scripts folder of root DCS installation (I currently use OB):

- common.lua

- speech.lua

- RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

- TabSheetBar.lua

- gameMessages.lua

VAICOM's modifications on these files, at least in my case, impede scrolling of messages, as described above, and makes the usage of comms menu pretty difficult, while messages are displayed onscreen.

After restoring the original files, messages start scrolling again, going UNDER the comms menu when you open it and so making it accessible (of course, unless you start again VAICOM, which will modify the files again).

Any idea about how I can prevent this misbehaviour?

I checked this several times and can confirm that VAICOM replaces the stock GameMessages.lua with exactly the same file. I circumvented this by making a OVGME MOD with a modified lua file which displaces the game messages 300 pixels lower.

Note: I made this file 'read only' in the file attributes - this prevents VAICOM from overwriting the file when it starts. This works perfectly for me since radio menus are never obscured by game messages and the scrolling in the game messages works perfectly.

Interesting would be to ask @Hollywood_315 why VAICOM must replace the stock lua file with an unchanged one, as it makes no difference. Rather it should replace the lua with a file similar to my mod (modded file for DCS Openbeta 2.5.6 attached). Note: I made 2 modded files - one for 2.5.6 and another for 2.5.5 versions as these are different in the source code.

gameMessages.lua

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I made 2 modded files - one for 2.5.6 and another for 2.5.5 versions as these are different in the source code.

THanks for this, as it has been bugging me for a while , i just assumed it was me!

You mentioned two files, which one did you include here ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

THanks for this, as it has been bugging me for a while , i just assumed it was me!

You mentioned two files, which one did you include here ?

that one is for OpenBeta 2.5.6 - my changes are documented in the code's comments.

If you want the one that works for Stable or Openbeta 2.5.5, let me know. I will upload. They are not cross-compatible - ED changed the code with 2.5.6.

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I could only see one change? to offsetTop?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I could only see one change? to offsetTop?

Yes it's a tiny mod. Very simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Note: I made 2 modded files - one for 2.5.6 and another for 2.5.5 versions as these are different in the source code.

Thank you very much! Your feedback and your help are really appreciated. I'll try your modded file by preserving its read-only attribute.

Hope VAICOM's developers can give a glance to this too.

Thank you very much! Your feedback and your help are really appreciated. I'll try your modded file by preserving its read-only attribute.

Hope VAICOM's developers can give a glance to this too.

Just a note to take care: when you update DCS, the read only attribute should be removed beforehand to allow DCS to update all files in case ED makes more changes to the code. A quick compare inspection afterwards should show that up. You can then re- apply the mod or make a new mod file with the small code change and re- set the attribute afterwards. It's a bit of a dance, but I got used to it.

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Install with OVGME/JGSME, and always uninstall mods to the game directory before upgrading...

Yes it's a tiny mod. Very simple.

Awesome thanks for this man

I do see your point. Sometimes speaking is just not an option, and I have to use the old menu in DCS. But then I go onto the control panel, and enable it.

Can't compare to Jester wheel though, if you can easily turn AIRIO on and off, as I ain't got the Tomcat, yet.

Cross your fingers that Hollywood can pull something out his hat or sleeves.

No, you can't "Easily" turn it off and on because you have to restart the game every time.

Also, Love how Viacom kinda screwed every com keybinding for all my planes lol.

Either way took me a while to get it back to normal and completely removed it (hopefully, Looks like I'm gonna have to repair the game from the discussion above) and basically not using it at all anymore because it's pointless ...

Overall huge waste of time.

I've sent an email for a refund will see if they even reply, if not I'll see what else I can do.

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Well, VAICOM is one of my favourite mods and i never take off without it.

It does need a significant investment of time to learn the comms phrases, but, for me at least, that time has been well spent. If you can't spare that time, then you are probably right not to use it anymore, but that is not the fault of the mod.

Edited by Greyman

No, you can't "Easily" turn it off and on because you have to restart the game every time.

Either way took me a while to get it back to normal and completely removed it (hopefully, Looks like I'm gonna have to repair the game from the discussion above) and basically not using it at all anymore because it's pointless ...

I've sent an email for a refund will see if they even reply, if not I'll see what else I can do.

Well, too bad if didn't work out for you. I hope you get your refund.

But to blame VAICOM for screwing with your comms bindings in DCS, that's just silly, or you did something wrong.

I can't use DCS without VAICOM, I would go crazy. I actually would love for VAICOM to expand to more than comms.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if the "Repeat"/"Say again" command is working for you. It used to work for me, but it's been a while since it stopped. VA recognizes the command, and the sequence shows up in the VA window, but I get no reply. Chrystal Palace commands works fine, for comparison. TIA!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if the "Repeat"/"Say again" command is working for you. It used to work for me, but it's been a while since it stopped. VA recognizes the command, and the sequence shows up in the VA window, but I get no reply. Chrystal Palace commands works fine, for comparison. TIA!

Both commands "Repeat"/"Say again" are always recognized for me, but has "never" worked for me. That said I probably first tried them in the past 6 months.

Looks like this one might be worthy of its own thread then.

Speaking of threads, I wonder if this one has now run its course and should be made read only, to make it easier for Hollywood_315 to spot things that might need correction?

Speaking of threads, I wonder if this one has now run its course and should be made read only, to make it easier for Hollywood_315 to spot things that might need correction?

If @Hollywood_315 has not responded by the time I finish work today I will have a conversation with him about this

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Both commands "Repeat"/"Say again" are always recognized for me, but has "never" worked for me. That said I probably first tried them in the past 6 months.

OK, so at least it's probably not me. Thanks!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Looks like this one might be worthy of its own thread then.

Agree!