VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Guys, anyone else has problems using VAICOM with F-14 and getting responses from AWACS and tankers?

Sometimes they answer calls only when made by the RIO, sometimes only when made by the pilot, sometimes by neither one and sometimes by both... all apparently random, never the same situation.

It's driving me and my pilot quite crazy, to be honest I didn't make tests if it's the same with the normal radio menus (in which case would be an F-14 issue), I ask just to understand if I am looking at the right spot.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Looks like this one might be worthy of its own thread then.

Speaking of threads, I wonder if this one has now run its course and should be made read only, to make it easier for Hollywood_315 to spot things that might need correction?

I have checked with Hollywood and he would like this thread to remain open so that he can edit the first 2 posts. What he did say was that we can break any relevant questions out into separate threads as Greyman suggested here. Also thanks to everyone for providing great support to other users:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You might want to use the AUX or INT PTT for any commands that you want to execute in an aircraft without power to the radios, cold & dark for example. The PTT1 - PTT4 buttons require the radio to be powered before being enabled.

For example, I have a command, because I'm lazy, to Cheat startup the aircraft, so use the AUX PTT for that.

Is there some special command for custom commands to use tx6?

My custom commands only work with hot mic option or if plane is running and even then only on tx1 and tx2. I get nothing unless my f/a-18 is running. I have all the PTT channels tx1,2,3,5,6 setup even though f/a-18 only uses 1,2,5,and 6.

Would like to use tx6 only for my lazy cheat startup/down, flashlight commands so I don't accidentally shutdown my plane while using another channel or discord

Have even tried creating my own start/stop listening button but nothing works inside of dcs unless command is through tx1, 2 or hotmic option.

[solved]

When setting a ptt button for VaicomPro do not use a key set as a modifier in DCS. I had a modifier key + key combo set. DCS modifier key blocks commands going into DCS. Commands that were not for DCS would work

Edited by VoidFaction
Issue solved

As I said, I use the AUX button for my cheat startup command, so for 2 AUX PTT button commands, in the VAICOM profile, have you got one of the two rows set to when you press the button and the other to when you release the button?

If so, do you hear the squelch when you press your mapped AUX button?

What does the VA log say?

Is there some special command for custom commands to use tx6?

My custom commands only work with hot mic option or if plane is running and even then only on tx1 and tx2. I get nothing unless my f/a-18 is running. I have all the PTT channels tx1,2,3,5,6 setup even though f/a-18 only uses 1,2,5,and 6.

Would like to use tx6 only for my lazy cheat startup/down, flashlight commands so I don't accidentally shutdown my plane while using another channel or discord

Have even tried creating my own start/stop listening button but nothing works inside of dcs unless command is through tx1, 2 or hotmic option.

If your custom commands are in a daisy-chained profile, I have mine working with a push of the comm button on the Warthog throttle by setting Joystick Button Recognition on the Hotkeys tab of the VA options screen. It is set to the VoiceAttack listens while buttons are down option.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Joystick :'Transmit TX6 release'

Listening resumed

Joystick :'Transmit TX6 press'

Get all the sound on press and release as I do with tx1 and 2 when plane is running

Only difference i see is when plane is running VoiceAttack shows for example

TX1 | COMM1:ARC-210 yadayada

message when pressing the TX1 button

Have you got your cheat startup in your VAICOM profile or in another profile? If it's the latter, then you will need to check that the profile that contains it is included in the 'Include Commands from other profiles' list, in the VAICOM PRO profile's options.

Edit: although if you don't, it wouldn't work with a hot mic. would it? hmmm

If your custom commands are in a daisy-chained profile, I have mine working with a push of the comm button on the Warthog throttle by setting Joystick Button Recognition on the Hotkeys tab of the VA options screen. It is set to the VoiceAttack listens while buttons are down option.

I will more than likely create a daisy chain but was just testing by adding a few test commands in the vaicom profile. have tried global talk button binding in VA and custom start/stop listen commands in the vaicompro profile.

yeah it shows its recognized and as I said it works with hot mic or tx1 and 2 when plane is running. just nothing with tx5 (intercom) or 6 (aux).

I will try reinstalling vaicompro. If it works for you then maybe i just got a bug or corrupt file in my install

Hollywood

I have been using Viacom for awhile and the last 2 times I noticed that after I go to the reload and finish buttons and then go to the command list, I hit Ctl +a, delete, ctl +V, only the cancel button at the bottom of the list is highlighted and the apply button is greyed out. It shows 927 commands.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yep I noticed the same thing, but, it’s not consistent it’s been a couple of times over the last few weeks.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

That's a probably a Voice ATTACK issue (new version out, yesterday?), and nothing to do with VAICOM, unless something is wrong with the auto copy function in VAICOM. But good catch, I've seen it as well, and sometimes VA crashes right after. Maybe I'll tell Gary on the Discord.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna

I just installed Viacom Pro as well as Chatter and AIRIO. It does a good job of recognizing my speech so no issues on the inputs... my problem is on the output. Specifically the radio squelch and the chatter audio. Both of those are coming out of my 5.1 speak system when they should be coming out of my headset.

I noticed in the configurations that there are several places where you can choose audio devices in Viacom Pro, but I didn't see anything in the User Manual about where to begin, and before I began messing around with settings I thought I would check here first. Anyone have an idea as to where I should begin? I'm trying to get all of the environment sounds though my 5.1 system, but I want the comms sounds through my headset.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

mklink /J "c:\link to folder" "c:\users\username\original folder" Remember quotation marks when there is spaces in the path. We'll, use them anyway just in case. Rename Scripts to ie scripts.old in the DCS.openbeta folder. And run, for you something like:

Mklink /J "c:\users\pilot\save games\dcs256\scripts" "c:\users\pilot\save games\DCS. openbeta\scripts"

Thanks for this tip, works like a charm! :thumbup:

Will use this once more when the new version/update of DCS comes out soon, because then I will create a "fresh" user profile, and will apply this trick again.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

At the suggestion of a user, I updated VA and still the apply button is greyed out. I have recently installed an HCS Voicepak for Star Citizen and could this be the problem?

ORIGINAL QUESTION: Hollywood

I have been using Viacom for awhile and the last 2 times I noticed that after I go to the reload and finish buttons and then go to the command list, I hit Ctl +a, delete, ctl +V, only the cancel button at the bottom of the list is highlighted and the apply button is greyed out. It shows 927 commands.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Make sure your headset is the output device that you have set in the windows tray.

Also that your headset is the default comms device in the windows sound settings

Thanks... but wouldn't that just make all of the sounds from the PC come through the headset? My goal is to only have the comms sounds coming through the headset and all of the other sounds come through the 5.1 surround sound system.

Also... was this the right thread to ask this or is there another thread for this type of question? I wasn't sure.

Edited by melchionda

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Is there anything in the VA log that shows any recognition of your spoken words that should trigger the startup command?

So after reinstalling to no luck I found the issue.

Vaicom ptt channels or VA keybinds do not work with 2 button binds if one of the buttons is set as a modifier in dcs world.

Figured I would let you know as you seem to be one of the active helpers here so maybe you can help someone else that might have the issue in the future.

Thanks for trying to help. Just letting me know that it does work was enough to keep me trying to figure out why it wasn't.

Thanks... but wouldn't that just make all of the sounds from the PC come through the headset? My goal is to only have the comms sounds coming through the headset and all of the other sounds come through the 5.1 surround sound system.

Also... was this the right thread to ask this or is there another thread for this type of question? I wasn't sure.

I have the same setup. Go in DCS, Audio settings and select your 5.1 speakers for everything you want to output there, and then select your headphones for the Headset audio (includes radio comms and on certain modules, cockpit warnings, VMU (Betty etc) and RWR sounds, as it should).

Then open the VAICOM panel, go to the Audio tab, enable the option, select your headphones and disable it again.

That worked for me.

FWIW, I have my 5.1 speakers hooked up to the back of the mobo, while the headphones are hooked to the front connectors, with 3.5mm jacks. I have my 5.1 speakers selected as the default output device on Windows.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi Guys

Just as general reminder to all: The Release Hot function (PTT page) allows you to use daisy-chained commands with hotmic i.e. without PTT / TX6.

@sobe @speed-of-heat Not sure of the details here but this is normal behavior if the pasted keyword set is the same as is already in there, i.e. when there is no change in the keywords list.

@Harker "Repeat"/"Say again" will likely still work in current DCS 2.5.5 Release but since ED has changed audio structure in 2.5.6 it no longer works there atm.

Looking into ways into getting it back.

@Saruman @OverAlien This is by design, it was implemented the way it is now based on (VR) user feedback. Will review.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I just installed Viacom Pro as well as Chatter and AIRIO. It does a good job of recognizing my speech so no issues on the inputs... my problem is on the output. Specifically the radio squelch and the chatter audio. Both of those are coming out of my 5.1 speak system when they should be coming out of my headset.

I noticed in the configurations that there are several places where you can choose audio devices in Viacom Pro, but I didn't see anything in the User Manual about where to begin, and before I began messing around with settings I thought I would check here first. Anyone have an idea as to where I should begin? I'm trying to get all of the environment sounds though my 5.1 system, but I want the comms sounds through my headset.

I figured this out...

Turns out there is a known issues in the Extension which will cause the Audio devices to be mislabeled int he Redirect list. Instead of just selecting my headphones I went through the list trying all of the other audio devices and one of the other Audio devices... in this case a PCI sound card was the one I needed to pick. Which is weird because by picking the PCI sound card I can now get the audio to go through my headphones which are plugged into a USB port. (its part of the mis-labled known issues which is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch).

Thanks for this tip, works like a charm!

Will use this once more when the new version/update of DCS comes out soon, because then I will create a "fresh" user profile, and will apply this trick again.

Awesome!

Just a little heads up. I've never seen this before, and it's probably a Windows error on my system. I have made links for the input folders. They don't show as links in Explorer, but I know they work, because whenever I make changes to controller setup in OB, it's reflected in stable.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

Just as general reminder to all: The Release Hot function (PTT page) allows you to use daisy-chained commands with hotmic i.e. without PTT / TX6.

@sobe @speed-of-heat Not sure of the details here but this is normal behavior if the pasted keyword set is the same as is already in there, i.e. when there is no change in the keywords list.

@Harker "Repeat"/"Say again" will likely still work in current DCS 2.5.5 Release but since ED has changed audio structure in 2.5.6 it no longer works there atm.

Looking into ways into getting it back.

@Saruman @OverAlien This is by design, it was implemented the way it is now based on (VR) user feedback. Will review.

Grtz

Hey Hollywood,

what i get and as i said its irregular, but i go into editor, and both the reload and the FINISH buttons are illuminated, and then when i follow the steps in finish, it does not seem to make any changes, and when you click done there is no apply ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg