VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Dear Hollywood, I long tried to understand how to create new aliases. The manual says 'Use the Keyword editor to change the phrase into something that is better recognized by the engine (PRO license feature)' with no further details. Say, I want 'in the break' to be an alias to 'Kiss off'. I choose 'Kiss off', press 'Add new', it creates 'Kiss off1'. Now what? I can't rename it into 'In the break'...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Dear Hollywood, I long tried to understand how to create new aliases. The manual says 'Use the Keyword editor to change the phrase into something that is better recognized by the engine (PRO license feature)' with no further details. Say, I want 'in the break' to be an alias to 'Kiss off'. I choose 'Kiss off', press 'Add new', it creates 'Kiss off1'. Now what? I can't rename it into 'In the break'...

On my copy I have just tried to do what you did using these steps:

1. Select Kiss off

2. Press ADD NEW and I get Kiss off1

3. Click at the start of the line so that no letters are highlighted (in front of the K)

4. Type in your new name and then delete Kiss off1

5. Press APPLY

6. You will then need to finish etc.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Hollywood

Bought the Realistic ATC licence. Followed the directions to finish the key words. After I ctrl-a, delete and ctrl+v, I get an error message "The profile already contains spoken phrase 'my target'. Please choose a different one."

I did not add 'my target'. How should I proceed?

Thanks,

STGChamby

So I reset the keyword database. No luck. I found the keyword that was duplicate 'my target' in the list. Deleted it. Did the 'Finish' process again and it works.

Since the 'My target' came with the database and was a multipart, did I lose anything?

STGChamby

Edited by stgchamby

I have a beef. I bought vaicom a couple months back and it’s been great. I would probably buy the atc voice update when I feel that it added more than a couple commands, but now I’m a little upset. After a update this afternoon commands that worked fine yesterday now require me to purchase the atc pack. I can no longer call inbound on the Roosevelt but yesterday I could. Please tell me this is a mistake. I understand how new commands might require purchase, but to take away commands?

Not happy at this moment.

Going back to the previous version

a4b1d12fee.jpg

e76b8f65fa.jpg

Still get this problem. On Persian Gulf, Normandy maps, and in some Caucasus missions. AIRIO commands are not available. In bouth Stable and Openbeta versions.

All works ok in Nevada map. Partly ok on Caucasus

Any ideas are welcome.

WIN10

DCS 2.5.6.49314 Open Beta (Steam)

VAICOMPRO 2.5.19

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

..and you have deleted the export.lua file, in your ..../saved games/<DCS folder>/Scripts folder and restarted VA?

Also, are you running VA in Administrator mode?

Sorry if the answers to the above are an obvious "yes", but still safer to make sure.

..and you have deleted the export.lua file, in your ..../saved games/<DCS folder>/Scripts folder and restarted VA?

Yes. No results.

I think it's Map-side problem, because all works good in Nevada and Caucasus (partly)

Live Long and Prosper

Upgraded today with AIRIO and ATC.

How should I config the preferences if I still want DCS comms menu to appear when I press my VA PTT hotas buttons?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Depends on your install specifics, if you have issues after update run a DCS Repair, select DCS version with the sliders (Custom tab) and then set DCS World program files folder with Custom Path.

Then restart VA and DCS.

Hi Hollywood. Have done the update and verified files but still getting stuck at 10%. Am running Open Beta on steam. Any ideas what my next step should be as I don't know where you're selecting sliders in the custom tab...

Thanks!

When I'm inbound to the carrier (SC), and I call in "Inbound to Carrier" or "Inbound" I'm instructed to "Go to alternate." If I use the menu threads, it works fine. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also, can't get "Salute" to work. I appreciate the help.

Fixed it!!! Open the Config tab in the configurator, make sure you have open beta and the steam version selected on the slider.

Hi Hollywood. Have done the update and verified files but still getting stuck at 10%. Am running Open Beta on steam. Any ideas what my next step should be as I don't know where you're selecting sliders in the custom tab...

Thanks!

Edited by Vassilli

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but AOCS will only work on 284.00 AM in the hornet radios, comm-1/2.

(2.5.5 or 2.5.6ob). If I try 071.00 or 142.00 the (:AM) doesn't show and is blanked out. Easy comms off.

After trying on 071.00 for several attempts and much troubleshooting, thinking it was another problem, I decided to try the other two frequencies. That's when it manifested that only 284.00 worked. I'm fine with using only one freq, but I wanted to report my experience.

Note: I've only tried AOCS in the F-18 thus far. Also, this is with manual tuning. I haven't tried setting up presets in the mission editor.

Thanks.

Edit: Just downloaded the latest patch and gave it a try. Now 142.00 is working as well, but not 071.00.

So at least I now have two working frequencies to chose from, which is nice.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but AOCS will only work on 284.00 AM in the hornet radios, comm-1/2.

(2.5.5 or 2.5.6ob). If I try 071.00 or 142.00 the (:AM) doesn't show and is blanked out. Easy comms off.

After trying on 071.00 for several attempts and much troubleshooting, thinking it was another problem, I decided to try the other two frequencies. That's when it manifested that only 284.00 worked. I'm fine with using only one freq, but I wanted to report my experience.

Note: I've only tried AOCS in the F-18 thus far. Also, this is with manual tuning. I haven't tried setting up presets in the mission editor.

Thanks.

Edit: Just downloaded the latest patch and gave it a try. Now 142.00 is working as well, but not 071.00.

So at least I now have two working frequencies to chose from, which is nice.

071.00 will not work in the F-18 because the radios do not support that frequency band (same will be true in some other planes as well). For each airframe you fly check the manual / Chuck's guide to confirm which will work.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

When I'm inbound to the carrier (SC), and I call in "Inbound to Carrier" or "Inbound" I'm instructed to "Go to alternate." If I use the menu threads, it works fine. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also, can't get "Salute" to work. I appreciate the help.

Have you tried voice training salute?

If you run VA without DCS does it recognise tye command? If not already doing so, it kight be worth running Vaicom in debug mode to see extra information in the VA log window

Hey guys! I installed VAICOM and VoiceAttack following the instructions and all looks fine. Both are in PRO version that I just purchased. However, with VoiceAttack and VAICOM installed, DCS would not start (it gets stuck at 10% at the initial loading screen).

If I repair the DCS install, it finds two files named "Speech" which I guess are related to VAICOM. If I delete them, DCS works again but I guess VAICOM won't work.

Do you have any clue on how to solve it?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hey guys! I installed VAICOM and VoiceAttack following the instructions and all looks fine. Both are in PRO version that I just purchased. However, with VoiceAttack and VAICOM installed, DCS would not start (it gets stuck at 10% at the initial loading screen).

If I repair the DCS install, it finds two files named "Speech" which I guess are related to VAICOM. If I delete them, DCS works again but I guess VAICOM won't work.

Do you have any clue on how to solve it?

Have you set the standalone / steam and stable / openbeta sliders on the config tab to match your installation?

Have you set the standalone / steam and stable / openbeta sliders on the config tab to match your installation?

I didn't! As soon as I have time I will test it, I knew the solution had to be simple.

Thanks buddy.

EDIT: It is working now! Thanks, I tried with AAR and is working great.

However, I am trying to use the voice training in Windows but I have my Windows in Spanish so I guess it would be useless to do it. I have tried changing the voice recognition in Windows to English, but when I try to start the voice training a pop-up shows telling me that the speech recognition should be in the SE language as Windows.

How can I circumvent this?

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hi,

I have a small issue in the F14B with the radio calls for TACAN.

If I have both the Stennis and the Theodore R on the map (different TACAN stations) and make the call 'TACAN Tune Stennis'. The RIO tunes the TACAN to the Theodore R and not the Stennis. It is not a huge issue as I can get him to tune correctly by calling the station numbers (TACAN Tune X-Ray 027 or X-Ray 011).

On a related note will we be able to call the ship names in future releases?

EDIT : I have VA Licenced, VAICOM Pro and all plugins licenced and installed!

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I didn't! As soon as I have time I will test it, I knew the solution had to be simple.

Thanks buddy.

EDIT: It is working now! Thanks, I tried with AAR and is working great.

However, I am trying to use the voice training in Windows but I have my Windows in Spanish so I guess it would be useless to do it. I have tried changing the voice recognition in Windows to English, but when I try to start the voice training a pop-up shows telling me that the speech recognition should be in the SE language as Windows.

How can I circumvent this?

If you are using Windows voice recognition I think the language has to match that of Windows (thanks to Microsoft). Might be worth seeing if the VAICOM VSPX option gets round this

Fixed it!!! Open the Config tab in the configurator, make sure you have open beta and the steam version selected on the slider.

⬆️ This sorted largely sorted it for me! Thanks Vasilli! I would have spent forever looking for them!

I set the sliders, restarted V/A and Vaicom (obvs!) and then repaired DCS (again). Since then it’s working.

I have the same problem but everything is set right like you said to do and it still gets stuck at 10 percent.

You need to do a DCS Repair after you have set the sliders as they should be.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I have the same problem but everything is set right like you said to do and it still gets stuck at 10 percent.

Apologies for the simple question, but after setting these, have you closed both DCS and VA, run a DCS repair, restarted VA and then tried going into DCS again?

Sniped by Jedra:D