VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

071.00 will not work in the F-18 because the radios do not support that frequency band (same will be true in some other planes as well). For each airframe you fly check the manual / Chuck's guide to confirm which will work.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Ahh, ok thanks.

One other issue I have and can't seem to figure out (did the whole delete export.lua, repair routine several times), is... Once I load a mission, the last screen that normally appears before launching into the game, no longer shows up. So there is nothing to click on to start.

I have to hit the escape key, then hit 'resume' in order to proceed into the active game.

This only happens when using VA/Vaicom pro. If I do the delete, repair routine and start DCS without Vaicom, it works normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get AOCS to work at all, lately. Auto Briefing works, but "Crystal Palace, status/briefing" doesn't. I tired to tune to both 142.00 AM and 284.000 AM.

Any ideas?

I was having that issue also. If I recall correctly, somehow my audio output selections changed. Some audio was being redirected and couldn't be heard through my speakers.

I believe I had to set everything to 'default' in the audio tab in DCS settings.

I'm not at the PC, so I'm unable to confirm this. I'm going off of memory, which could be off.

At one point, I was hearing the briefing through the speakers and the rest of AOCS through my Rift S headphones. Now I have everything coming through the speakers.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How does it work the Hornet Ball command? I've tried using it and it gets recognised, but Voice Attacke shows "awaiting additional input".

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

i just call "Ball" ...

Hmmm it is not working for me I’m afraid. I will test again later, neither “See you at 10”. VA detects the command but it waits for an additional one. The rest of the calls work great. Maybe it is due my broken English.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Try switching the recognition engine from Windows to internal one (see manual). It fixed for me similar issue with wingman (awaiting further info loop).

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Hmmm it is not working for me I’m afraid. I will test again later, neither “See you at 10”. VA detects the command but it waits for an additional one. The rest of the calls work great. Maybe it is due my broken English.

Could you post a screenshot of the VA log window (turn on VAICOM debug) so we can see exactly what you are seeing

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

First of all, thank you both for helping me! Now, let's try to solve this.

EDIT: I'm blind, the solution was in front of my nose all the time. I've just had to enable the option "Extended command set" in VAICOM Preferences tab... THANKS BOTH!

Try switching the recognition engine from Windows to internal one (see manual). It fixed for me similar issue with wingman (awaiting further info loop).

You mean, this option?

3cnS99P.png

I've tried both with the same result.

Could you post a screenshot of the VA log window (turn on VAICOM debug) so we can see exactly what you are seeing

Sure, here you can see an example with the simple "Inbound" command. DCS wasn't running but you can see that the command is detected and sends the input without any issue:

i3rIsec.png

Then with the command "Hornet Ball":

nYbKLbQ.png

The ATC option is enabled:

WPBSoLf.png

Edited by Al-Azraq

Great stuff - enjoy:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I was adding some words/phrases to the speech recognition dictionary earlier today and then testing them out in Notepad. For some reason, whenever I said "Stennis", it recognised it as "Stenness", which would presumably not work with Vaicom. As i couldn't think of a time when i would use "stenness", whatever that is, I just blocked it from being recognised, but i suppose i could have alternatively added it as an alias to "Stennis".

Could this be why your RIO isn't selecting the correct channel?

Hi. No, it is correctly identifying Stennis and says it is tuning to Stennis, but it actually tunes to Rooosevelt. It is not a big issue as I generally tune the specific TACAN.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

First of all, thank you both for helping me! Now, let's try to solve this.

EDIT: I'm blind, the solution was in front of my nose all the time. I've just had to enable the option "Extended command set" in VAICOM Preferences tab... THANKS BOTH!

You mean, this option?

3cnS99P.png

I've tried both with the same result.

Sure, here you can see an example with the simple "Inbound" command. DCS wasn't running but you can see that the command is detected and sends the input without any issue:

i3rIsec.png

Then with the command "Hornet Ball":

nYbKLbQ.png

The ATC option is enabled:

WPBSoLf.png

What if you enable the extended command set? I have it enabled by default, it's useful.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Don, I went back to Windows Speech and retrained it specifically for "Salute" and it works every time now. I was also seeing it come up as "select."

:thumbup:

I did keyword training from with Vaicom Pro for both select and salute, worked a champ. Each recognized appropriately now.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi There,

on VAICOM control screen "EX" Tab, I can not check "Aircraft Carrier Comms" and "Suppress Auto" checkbox neighter, as both are grayed out for me. Pro licence activated, etc., so Anyone knows maybe why?

Thanks

EDIT: Disregard, extra licence bought... :doh:

Edited by Razor18

Hello, I cant get VA to listen to me. I have used VA for several years so it must be a setting on Viacom. I have the Pro version everything imported and all the "when I say" words are there. I have a Warthog set up as shown on the PDF. I get Chrystal Palace reading the brief and when I push TX1 button the menu appears. The VA log doesnt show any words heard :( Any ideas as I think it will be great when I can get it working.

I meant VSPX Processing = ON in Vaicom preferences + Unrecognized Speech Delay = 700 in Voice Attack - Options -Recognition tab. This helps me say things in one go.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Hello, I cant get VA to listen to me. I have used VA for several years so it must be a setting on Viacom. I have the Pro version everything imported and all the "when I say" words are there. I have a Warthog set up as shown on the PDF. I get Chrystal Palace reading the brief and when I push TX1 button the menu appears. The VA log doesnt show any words heard :( Any ideas as I think it will be great when I can get it working.

Do you hold the PTT pressed while saying the words? VAICOM only listens with PTT held pressed (unless you delete the press/release functions from the profile). Check on the recognition page of Voice Attack, red microphone sign top right. Someone corrects me please if I'm mistaken...

I'm not sure, but I advise you always have VoiceAttack recognition window open, (at least in the background, if you play on monitor, not VR). There you can always check (afterwards) whether VA understood your words.

Just checked and the muted mike is showing when DCS isnt running. That makes sense because the speech is telling Viacom to run something in DCS. The mike is set up as I have used it in "another combat flight sim" and it worked fine.

Even when DCS is not running, the microphone should show as active when a PTT button is held down and you should get Transmit TX1 press and release messages in the log when you push the button (the TX number may be different).

Do you get these?

You can also use the VA window to check whether words and phrases are recognised without DCS running

Ahh, ok thanks.

One other issue I have and can't seem to figure out (did the whole delete export.lua, repair routine several times), is... Once I load a mission, the last screen that normally appears before launching into the game, no longer shows up. So there is nothing to click on to start.

I have to hit the escape key, then hit 'resume' in order to proceed into the active game.

This only happens when using VA/Vaicom pro. If I do the delete, repair routine and start DCS without Vaicom, it works normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is the screen that I no longer see when Vaicom is running. It's just blank (or transparent). The only way to get in game is to tap the Esc key twice in order to proceed.

Anyone have an idea of what's wrong?

Thanks

Edit: 5/25/20. I installed a second copy of everything on my laptop and it's working great. So this lets me know that there's something screwy on my Desktop PC installation. I'll do some more troubleshooting and repair. At least I know that this isn't a bug in VA/Vaicom, so disregard this post.

Fly.thumb.png.cc59e79e7560755bba7ad5535c35635d.png

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just checking that you had mapped all of the PTT buttons (press and release) and as I have a Warthog also, the two sets of mappings appear to be identical. It isn't that then.

When DCS is loaded and you have a mission in progress, does the PTT screen correctly show the module/aircraft you are using?