New VR Settings for 2.5

Wags

What does the hand controller setting do? Does ignore the controllers or does it allow them to manipulate the switches and dials in dcs?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

OH MY FRICKIN GOD IS FORCED IPD A GAME CHANGER!!!!!

THANK YOU ED!!!!

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

OH MY FRICKIN GOD IS FORCED IPD A GAME CHANGER!!!!!

THANK YOU ED!!!!

A "game changer" in all caps ? How so. messed with it a little. Noticed little thru 55-65. Maybe need to test in other cockpits

i7-6700k @ 4.69Ghz / 1080GTX +10% / MSI z270 Gaming M7 / Oculus CV1 VR / 16GB DDR4 2850Hz / Corsair H100i v2 / CH Products

I wear glasses to read and VR was always more fuzzy than I thought it should be. With the IPD at 90, I'm finding it amazing. Cockpits are much easier to read. (I've only tried the Harrier), and the depth sensation seems much butter. External visuals are much better now as well but I suspect that is a 2.5 thing rather than IPD.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Umm, IPD stands for inter pupillary distance. That would be the distance between your eyes. It has nothing to do with resolution. And I seriously doubt you have 90mm of space between your eyes unless your a dragon or a T-Rex.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Umm, IPD stands for inter pupillary distance. That would be the distance between your eyes. It has nothing to do with resolution. And I seriously doubt you have 90mm of space between your eyes unless your a dragon or a T-Rex.

LOL, well. Aren't you cheeky.

Default was 60 something. I believe its more about depth than distance between your eyes but I'm obviously not as intelligent as you.

Screen_180201_212957.thumb.png.edea444d39478d9725b4b3665b8c5de6.png

Edited by Gladman

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Well IPD may very well stand for inter pupillary distance but since I can attest to the fact that changing from the default 65 to 90 DID in fact make the cockpit much easier to read I would bet that IPD may not work exactly as you think it does .. (And upon further thought, since 90 millimeters happens to be 3.54 inches I am not sure just how big your T Rex is but it must fit in your pocket.)

3.54 inches is most certainly a possiblility.. (And probably ought to be the default as I doubt that any of us here have eyes as close together as 60 mm which is 2.56 inches..)

I just measured mine and it is approximately 73 mm so I am going to reset at 73 mm and see how things look..

EDIT: And for me 73mm looks better yet so it would appear that we need to measure the distance between our pupils and plug that number into the IPD field and then check the box as it makes a world of difference to the readability of the gauges..

At least for this T-Rex anyway.. Well my nickname IS Allosaur...

:megalol:

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

No regular human has 90 mm. Even your 73 mm is a huge value, Rift hardware goes only up to 70mm. Don't know what is the max IPD you can set in the ViVe but if you are using the Rift, then even at max setting your lens position is not optimal.

I think the default value in the UI does not mean anything. If the "Force IPD" value is unticked, then the game will use IPD reported by the hardware. At least for me there is no difference if I force the value to 68 (my IPD set in Oculus), or just untick the box. But forcing any other value makes a noticeable difference in cockpit scale.

Anyway, if you force IPD, then the menus start rendering in a weird way, probably a bug.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

TBH I have found so much other stuff to do in 2.5 that checking the IPD settings has taken a back seat. Maybe I am one of the fortunate one's but I have had to do very little to the settings to make it look gorgeous and now all I want to do is fly ;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you know what your IPD is set to in the Rift?

When you adjust the IPD in the Rift set up ( the part where you look at a green cross), you will have a readout of the IPD value at the bottom of the screen.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

changing your IPD with rift is changing the scale of what your are seeing ie:

IPD of 90: very small cockpit, if you enable pilot you will see very thin hands and legs :)

IPD of 40: cockpit is huge !

Scale 1 should be around 65

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

I don't think this setting corresponds to actual IPD. Note how, if you set the IPD in that box to your known IPD, everything looks... wrong. Anyone else notice it screws with head position also?

It does, at least for me it works as it should. But the menus are broken if you tick the box.

BTW, you can adjust this setting in-flight, so you can immediately see the effect in the 3d world. No need to exit the mission.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Physical IPD on the HMD Does this, AKA Focal IPD, Adjusting the IPD of the Lenses to Match your Eyes for clarity and reducing eye strain.

Rendering IPD changes the IPD between the rendering viewports within the engine itself., thus adjusting scale.

Matching the Rendering IPD to the Focal/HMD's IPD will make every Appear 1:1,

Closing Rendering IPD will make objects seem larger, Opening Rendering IPD will make objects seem smaller..

Basically, you're scaling your head size, smaller Virtual IPD will shrink your head, making everything seem huge, larger VIPD will make your grow your head, making everything seem small.

The Same Applies to VR Video Recording,

if the Lenses while recording are close together, the video when played back with HMD will seem large in scale,

if the camera lenses are farther apart the video will play back and seem everything is smaller.

Which is why Video Content on VR Sites seem to have different Scales even though you have not changed anything on your HMD.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I find the in game ui acts weird when I turn on the ingame ipd no matter what setting. It seems to have exaggerated zooming and movent when I move my head, even if the ipd setting matches my headset

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I find the in game ui acts weird when I turn on the ingame ipd no matter what setting. It seems to have exaggerated zooming and movent when I move my head, even if the ipd setting matches my headset

Yeah I played around with it some this morning, did not much care for what I was seeing so turned it back off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

For me enabling the IPD seems to change depth perception and for the better. I haven't cranked it from what the setting was which seems to be what it is in Rift.

Could be placebo too what with new graphics card and DCS 2.5 and cleaning the lenses in the Rift all at the same time. :P :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

If I set my in game IPD to my real IPD, there is absolutely no difference. Lower settings make the cockpit look roomier but the menus will start to "swim"

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I wear glasses to read and VR was always more fuzzy than I thought it should be. With the IPD at 90, I'm finding it amazing. Cockpits are much easier to read. (I've only tried the Harrier), and the depth sensation seems much butter. External visuals are much better now as well but I suspect that is a 2.5 thing rather than IPD.

niiiice

i7-6700k @ 4.69Ghz / 1080GTX +10% / MSI z270 Gaming M7 / Oculus CV1 VR / 16GB DDR4 2850Hz / Corsair H100i v2 / CH Products

IIRC Wags posted he uses an IPD (for world scale) of 50 in DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440