Re-Caging a slewed Mav, or snapping it back to DMT

smallberries

I think I saw this question asked in another thread but saw no answer to it....while I have no problem snapping a fresh Mav to the DMT, if I slew a Mav there doesn't seem to be any way to cage the Mav again so that I can subsequently uncage it to the DMT target, and I have to manually walk it onto the target, unless I completely undesignate the DMT target. Is there a way to boresight, cage, or otherwise snap a slewed seeker head back to a designated DMT target without undesignating the DMT first?

I think I saw this question asked in another thread but saw no answer to it....while I have no problem snapping a fresh Mav to the DMT, if I slew a Mav there doesn't seem to be any way to cage the Mav again so that I can subsequently uncage it to the DMT target, and I have to manually walk it onto the target, unless I completely undesignate the DMT target. Is there a way to boresight, cage, or otherwise snap a slewed seeker head back to a designated DMT target without undesignating the DMT first?

does the cage button not do this? i thought it did, but i'm not certain

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I'll check the issue as soon as I finish working with the TPOD.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have the same issue. After firing the first Maverick, the second seeker head points to the location of the first. I've tried caging, reslewing the DMT, and uncaging the seeker head again, but the second Mav is locked in on the first location. I can slew the second Maverick if I go back to it on the sensor select, but then I get the jumping around as it tries to locate a target.

Very much looking forward to the TPOD though - even now, it's so easy to use, as soon as laser functionality is added, that thing is going to be wonderful :) :)

As an aside - great work on the module, I'm absolutely loving it.

I have the same issue. After firing the first Maverick, the second seeker head points to the location of the first. I've tried caging, reslewing the DMT, and uncaging the seeker head again, but the second Mav is locked in on the first location. I can slew the second Maverick if I go back to it on the sensor select, but then I get the jumping around as it tries to locate a target.

Very much looking forward to the TPOD though - even now, it's so easy to use, as soon as laser functionality is added, that thing is going to be wonderful :) :)

As an aside - great work on the module, I'm absolutely loving it.

TPOD together with laser guided Mavericks will be great.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Wondering if we can slew the maverick to the TGP or if we have to lase to slew the DMT in LST mode, then slew the maverick ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Wondering if we can slew the maverick to the TGP or if we have to lase to slew the DMT in LST mode, then slew the maverick ?

yeah, i do the laser-mav-slew all the time. just approach the target in LST mode until the targeting reticle on the HUD auto-snaps to the lased target. it will then auto-display the target in the DMT video feed in the right MFD. then with mav selected as the weapon, press uncage and the mav seeker will auto-align with the lased target in the left MFD.

magic!

edit: i re-read your post, and think i interpreted it wrong. i described where you have someone else lasing the target.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

yeah, i do the laser-mav-slew all the time. just approach the target in LST mode until the targeting reticle on the HUD auto-snaps to the lased target. it will then auto-display the target in the DMT video feed in the right MFD. then with mav selected as the weapon, press uncage and the mav seeker will auto-align with the lased target in the left MFD.

magic!

edit: i re-read your post, and think i interpreted it wrong. i described where you have someone else lasing the target.

Once the Mav is slewed to the DMT how do you get it to lock on the target? My mavs will not lock... If I press the Action Button the MAV moves off the target and I have to Slew it again.... If I just try to get it to auto lock it never does as long as its slewed to the DMT. Can't figure this out.

Once the Mav is slewed to the DMT how do you get it to lock on the target? My mavs will not lock... If I press the Action Button the MAV moves off the target and I have to Slew it again.... If I just try to get it to auto lock it never does as long as its slewed to the DMT. Can't figure this out.

Make sure you select IRMV (or EOMV) on the Mav screen, once it is uncaged. SS FWD, I believe. Then you can hit the TDC DN (action position) key to try and obtain a lock.