sam-15 take down tips?

itzdsay

I came across a sam-15 and went it for a kill fc a maverick around 10 miles and was watching through the tgp but missile never made it, went in for another run, rifle this time looking out toward target dam sam shoot my missile down how do I get this guy

GBU-12 from above 12,000 ft agl.

Not high enough. SA15 ceiling is 19'685 ft.

Shoot 2 mav. He will focus on the first one.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

The most ordnance efficient way is as mentioned, to fly above 20k and drop a GBU on it.

You can also launch two mavericks a few seconds apart, either yourself or in collaboration with a wing man.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Anchor your wingman far from target, say to the South. Then position yourself to the East. Tell the wingman to engage and roll in yourself. Try to be at similar distance and speed as he is on running in (check the info on your TAD). Wait for him to ahoot and shoot roughly at the same time. Requires some practice and obviously much easier to do in MP, but works with AI wingman too!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to kill S 15 is: create a markpoint (several youtube tutorials about that available) with it´s position from far out, then dive low below it´s line of sight (hide behind ridges, towns etc) once you are close enough like 6-7 NM pop up, make the markpoint your SPI, lock and you mostly will kill it with one MAV as there´s not enough time for the TOR to get your MAV. Done several times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Another way to kill S 15 is: create a markpoint (several youtube tutorials about that available) with it´s position from far out, then dive low below it´s line of sight (hide behind ridges, towns etc) once you are close enough like 6-7 NM pop up, make the markpoint your SPI, lock and you mostly will kill it with one MAV as there´s not enough time for the TOR to get your MAV. Done several times.

Great if it's stationary.

I've had to deal with a few moving Tors lately and they're real bears to kill, you have to pop up and hope you acquire it and launch within about 10 seconds and then get the hell out of dodge.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer