Litening Pod STA 2/6

Britchot

I am unable to select the AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING targeting pod on stations 2 or 6 (in 1.5.8 stable) as the following pictures show should be available. Is this an oversight or an upgrade not supported on this simulated model?

VMA-211-photo-023.jpg

4437727236_22e907aa55_b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

First time I see the TPOD on stations 2 and 6.

We'll check.

• Like 2

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That was the original load for the Harrier when the Litening entered in service with the USMC.

Only later the Harrier was wired to use the TPOD in the center pylon.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

That was the original load for the Harrier when the Litening entered in service with the USMC.

Only later the Harrier was wired to use the TPOD in the center pylon.

The original load was STA 5 only. The other stations were incorporated later.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes. you are right, i miss the numbers 2 and 6 in the first post. I thought that was station 5 on the pics XDDD

Sorry Zeus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

One of the Quick Start missions that shipped with the Harrier, the one that mentions that it is the start up tutorial for the Hornet, comes with the targeting pod mounted on the right wing by default. I still have the .miz file if anyone needs it.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

On wing station is easier to lase targets without masking the pod. The TPOD update make it look like laser is working although looks like is not finish.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The Marines in Afghanistan where using the wing mounted litening with one live GBU-12 or GBU-54 on the other wing for years without problem, plus x2 fuel tanks and the gun.

There is no need for inert bombs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats incorrect.

Is perfectly possible to fly and fight with the Litening pod in one wing and a missing launched bomb in the other. As i said, Marines in Afghanistan where doing exactly that until the center pylon was wired for the Tpod.

PD:

This asymmetric limitation was for the LHD based Harriers ( solved sometimes loading a sidewinder on the opposite wing ). They need to land vertical so the asymmetric load was a problem until the center pylon was wired, but for Kandahar based Harriers no limitation at all to use wing Tpod and GBU or Mavs. Plenty of missions, pics and documents related to that can be find.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Like 2

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I would take the center pylon solely already because it seems to have less fuselage blocking view to sides, while either wing station will block the other side.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I wondered that in the pocket manual it is so clearly warned not to never release the "counter weight" bomb, as I just wondered how it can be so serious flaw. I could understand that in optimal situation you don't release it but leave it as last bomb to be dropped.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Also note how almost all video with a bomb impact is with the HTS mode of the Tpod.

What is HTS Mode? The only thing I can think of is 'HARM Targeting System' but that's a separate device from the TGP.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

What is HTS Mode? The only thing I can think of is 'HARM Targeting System' but that's a separate device from the TGP.

From A1-AV8BB-TAC-000

1.18.4.4.3 TPOD HOTAS Control Mode

(HTS). The HTS mode is available when the

TPOD primary display page is displayed, and

HOTAS control is assigned to the TPOD.

HOTAS control is assigned to the TPOD by

double clicking SSS−down in less than 0.8 second. The pod provides an indication of HOTAS

assignment to the TPOD by replacing the current legend (TDC or TDC) with the HTS legend.

See Figure 1−286. In the HTS mode, the TPOD

slews pod sensors in direct response to TDC slew

commands. Slew rates are up to 1.2 FOVs/

second. In this mode, the TPOD reacts to all

assigned HOTAS commands, including applicable HOTAS controls in the TPOD master

modes. TPOD HOTAS controls are listed in

Figure 1−259, and shown in Figures 1−260 and

1−261.

NOTE

When in HTS mode, pressing the

TDC does not set an aircraft system

designation.

To refine the aircraft system designation when

in the HTS mode, HTS is deselected by again

double clicking the SSS−down in less than 0.8

second. The pod returns to the previous PB 14

displayed mode, TDC or TDC, and tracks the

aircraft designated target. This allows the pilot

to refine the aircraft system designation using

TDC aircraft sensor slewing, and then double

clicking the SSS−down to return to HTS. The

TPOD can be returned to the previous control

mode by double clicking SSS−down in less than

0.8 second, which exits HTS and select the

previous PB 14 displayed mode (TDC or TDC).

PB 14 is non−operative with the HTS legend

displayed, and pressing PB 14 has no effect on

the state of HOTAS control. The HTS mode is

exited when a TPOD format is no longer displayed on either

MPCD, however, HTS is reestablished with return to the TPOD

format display within 15 seconds of TPOD display exit. If

return to the TPOD format display is initiated

after expiration of the 15−second grace period,

the TDC default mode is entered and TDC

replaces the PB 14 HTS legend. The HTS mode

is also exited with selection of SSS−forward,

which, if in A/G, VSTOL or NAV master modes,

selects air−to−ground ranging for radar aircraft

or selects the INS sensor mode for night attack

aircraft; SSS−forward in A/A master mode

selects aircraft boresight; or selecting STOP or

MENU exits the HTS mode.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

TkXepsWlFPw?start=336

To whom it may concern,

• 4 months later...
First time I see the TPOD on stations 2 and 6.

We'll check.

I attempted to select the TPOD on station 6 this weekend and it is still unavailable. What was the final determination of the possibility?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 1 month later...
I am unable to select the AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING targeting pod on stations 2 or 6 (in 1.5.8 stable) as the following pictures show should be available. Is this an oversight or an upgrade not supported on this simulated model?

VMA-211-photo-023.jpg

4437727236_22e907aa55_b.jpg

Okay, here's the deal:

Stations 2 and 6 are valid attachment points, but they are no longer used. That is why the TACMAN we have only indicates Station 3 and 5. Station 4 was added later.

No problem. I'll add the TPOD to Stations 2 and 6.

• 3 years later...