OT: Heads up, FreeFalcon4 is released

suntrace1

OK, I know the drill - this is LOMAC forum, so don't mention that other sim.

Yeah, yeah... but this combat sim community is so small, that any addition to the scene is so much more important.

As rumor goes, it's well worth of trying out. The name is no longer FreeFalcon and you can't find it on any official site, but if someone wanted to get his dirty hands on one, he can take my friendly tip: just sail to the nearest pirate bay :pirate: and order one Red Viper.

Please, don't ban me :worthy:

• Like 3
mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I know the drill - this is LOMAC forum, so don't mention that other sim.

Yeah, yeah... but this combat sim community is so small, that any addition to the scene is so much more important.

As rumor goes, it's well worth of trying out. The name is no longer FreeFalcon and you can't find it on any official site, but if someone wanted to get his dirty hands on one, he can take my friendly tip: just sail to the nearest pirate bay :pirate: and order one Red Viper.

Please, don't ban me :worthy:

Looks like real DX10 graphics even if they are not…

45hf9.jpg

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Any signficant changes on the planes modeling?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

FreeFalcon is a mod for the original Falcon 4, not AF so you need the original Falcon 4.0 to play it. They recently released FreeFalcon4 which is apparently known as Red Viper now. Who knows why they've decided to keep the release hushed and on bittorrent, probably because they saw what happened to OpenFalcon (another F4 mod that was shut down by Lead Pursuit, makers of AF).

What is Free Falcon?

Is it a mod for Falcon Allied Forces?

Free Falcon is free (you don’t have to pay for it and it has nothing to do with F4 AF)

Since F4 AF claimed the license of the original F4 I guess FF4 is kind of illegal.

Anyway it is very promising and it has a 700 page manual :D .

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Any signficant changes on the planes modeling?

Well technically no new FM was developed, although now RedViper features the HFFM (high-fidelity flight model) integrated into the mod. I'm still not sure how accurate it is, but it's certainly better than any of the other FMs. The configuration app lets you switch between a few different FMs, however.

Thanks for the headsup. I'm going hunting for it. Almost in protest of Lead Pursuit. F4:AF is one of the worst sims I've ever owned and I paid 30 damn dollars for it. If Free Falcon is even a SLIGHT improvement over Allied Force, I'll just pretend I'm "returning" Allied Force and replacing it with FreeFalcon: Red Viper. :smilewink:

Stubs

Falcon 4.......... what a story..........and it continues!!!!

Firstly the history.

As we all know, Falcon 4 was a Micropros development product late nineties, 1998 to be exact. The product went way over buget and 'Chopsticks' was sacked along with the brand name 'Microprose' by way of aquisition...... and another and another...... well thats business.

Anyway, I bought Falcon 4 in its original form:eek: Yes it was poor as a playable game. Btw I never considered Falcon 4 as a flight sim, more as a strategy game that incorporated a flying modern combat aircraft.

Now to my point ;)

Who cares what is happening to a 1998 released sim that was programmed several years before, other than is it being improved free of charge! And thank the Gods of the sim world it is in the shape of FreeFalcon, not Lead Pursuit who are living off the back of the outdated original Falcon 4 and its history of community developments.

I will take notice of Lead Pursuit when thet actually make a flight sim and not before!

Eagle Dynamics are, for me, our only future hope in realistic flight combat simulation, even though I don't personally engage in using the ED simulation for such gratification/entertainment.

Just my ill advised drunken thoughts

Mizzy

the cockpit is awesome with 6dof :thumbup:

Yes very nice to experience 6DOF for the first time ever. The production value is surprising coming from a bunch of volunteers. They did a better job than LP did with AF IMO. They managed to improve AI and spruce up JDAMs and JSOWs. Also cool is the fact that they implemented realistic turbulence effects and I noticed my view shifts depending on how many Gs I'm pulling. This attention to detail is A+

The AF team not allowing any serious modding of AF pretty much killed that game for me. I do like it, but the graphics are just so sub-par it sort of killed the immersion for me.

The original F4 with all of the FF stuff sure looks a lot better, but having to do "the dance" when I want to install it is just a pain in the Aspen Colorado (not usre if the latest FF requires "the dance" or not though).

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348