OT: Heads up, FreeFalcon4 is released

suntrace1

Yes, I installed over Allied Force 1.09, it works fine, the installer sees you have AF and handles it as it should, the manual said that they didn't promise that it would NOT work. Just a confusing way to say: 'yeah, you can install it over AF'

and I didn't say it looked better than the vanilla F4+FF4/RV, and I can't say it because I didn't bother to look for the original 4.0 cd. I'm saying it looks better than AF, but lacks the helmet mounted cueing AF had introduced in 1.08. The only way I play falcon is because I can fire nifty next-gen infrared missiles, and see them do their off-bore thingy. Besides that lomac is far superior when flying is what you like. If you like pressing buttons and wasting 8 minutes of your life to wait for a simulated INS to 'spin up', well, you're pretty bored. Not my thing all that button pushing.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides that lomac is far superior when flying is what you like. If you like pressing buttons and wasting 8 minutes of your life to wait for a simulated INS to 'spin up', well, you're pretty bored. Not my thing all that button pushing.

You get visual orientation where to look a proper button, switch, whatever - you are better familiarized with a cockpit configuration. When I played F4 I almost never used a keyboard but mouse to operate in a pit even if looked for lowering gear. My effectiveness decreased but that was not a priority in this case - I didnt play online.

PIRATEBAY...together

its the second result of google

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

My opinion isn't really worth much but the development of Falcon 4 in the form of FF4 has to be the way forward. I am now a dedicated falcon 4 supporter and virtual Viper pilot thanks to Freefalcon and RedViper team.

However, I still think that Eagle Dynamics developments (FC and BS) are the true future of our hobby, serious as it is for us.

Give Falcon 4 FF4\RV a try please and keep our hobby alive in the spirit and pursuit of true realistic simulation products, not shi-tty silly games.

Just my thoughts.

Mizzy

My own first impressions are the lighting is much better since cobra/FF3 at night.

2007-02-03_131222.jpg

I took an F-16 for a night ramp start and checked it out its quite impressive and the runway lighting is much more practical as you no longer need the NVGs to see the taxiway markers and runway. Cockpit lighting glows red and you now start off with the canopy up:thumbup: .

Then I decided to try some Carrier Ops

2007-02-03_133630.jpg

The Hornets quite easy to do Carrier landings.

2007-02-03_133720.jpg

The Tomcat is a bit more of a handful, just as well I remember where the hook button is from my old fleet defender days:D .

2007-02-03_133855.jpg

So far FF4 is by far the best eye candy out of all the Falcon mods.(before FF4 FF3 held this title)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I flew the training mission...free flight... and tested frame rate with FRAPS... on 1280x1024 6xAA 16xAF (V-Sync on 70Hz refresh rate) and all maxed out in Falcon4 FF4... I get 70FPS stable!!!

Unbeliveable!!!!

This is with Core 2 Dup E6600 @ 3Ghz / 2GB RAM / X1950XTX / Audigy / XP Pro with SP2

No longer active in DCS...

Man this is going to be a long learning curve again... avionics are just great... graphics are still quite shitty (compared to lockOn) but as SIM this seems like very good choice.

I am having a hard time though to learn all the keys.. what I need and what I don't, and to freekin' program this into Cougar... what a nightmare...

No longer active in DCS...

LOL KUKY this game was first designed with pentiumII's in mind...off course you have stable FPS.

My PC specs below:

My own first impressions are the lighting is much better since cobra/FF3 at night.

I took an F-16 for a night ramp start and checked it out its quite impressive and the runway lighting is much more practical as you no longer need the NVGs to see the taxiway markers and runway. Cockpit lighting glows red and you now start off with the canopy up:thumbup: .

Then I decided to try some Carrier Ops

The Hornets quite easy to do Carrier landings.

The Tomcat is a bit more of a handful, just as well I remember where the hook button is from my old fleet defender days:D .

So far FF4 is by far the best eye candy out of all the Falcon mods.(before FF4 FF3 held this title)

WOW, that is great pictures, does the Carrier Ops the F-18 and F-14 come from RV1/FF4, or is it a different add-on? Thank you.

Guest IguanaKing
Yeah sure, point taken Pilotasso :D still having a stable 70FPS with 6DoF working fully clickable cockpit, all working details avionics, gives a very nice feeling :)

Yup, and it will continue to do this even with a huge war going on around you. The more intelligent ATC operations also add a lot to the sim. Oh, and just wait until you try going in with an Alfa Strike...the COMs are going to overwhelm you. You hear the whole fight in the air, and you don't even have to be on-line. Its not just background noise either, it actually is connected with real events going on outside your own aircraft. If you miss some of those calls which are meant for you, it sometimes ends really badly for you.

I think F4 actually has an FPS limiter, because I have had 70FPS average ever since my 2.0GHz Pentium 4...but it never seems to go higher. That's OK though, 70FPS is plenty, and it stays that way.

I love the transonic buffeting that you experience now, and when you go supersonic there is minimal change in the sound level inside the cockpit. Landing is a challenge also because your F-16 actually seems to have weight to it now. Takeoff is also quite realistic, you have to be on those pedals constantly to keep your Falcon straight while you scream down the runway.

The 3D pit is fully clickable, which is a nice touch. The 2D cockpit looks a little cheesy though. Has anybody tried SuperPit with Red Viper yet? Is it compatible?

Red Viper gets two thumbs up!!! :thumbup: Not bad for an almost 10-year-old game. I can definitely understand if LP has a problem with this one. If people who have shelved Falcon 4 know that they can get this for free, not many of them are going to buy AF anymore.

Guest IguanaKing

NM. I answered my own question about SuperPit compatibility. It isn't...at least as far as I can tell. Haven't checked for new versions of it yet though.

WOW, that is great pictures, does the Carrier Ops the F-18 and F-14 come from RV1/FF4, or is it a different add-on? Thank you.

You can fly quite alot of aircraft in FF4 and several of them also have their own pit including the F-14.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

It's Falcon 4.0 + Free Falcon 4 + Red Viper. What do you expect, realistic su-27? :P

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yeah, now I remember again why I never play falcon, the flight models. I just hoped the HFFMs would be tweaked somehow, but no, its still your old paper airplane with the 24.5 angle of attack limit. Unless the real f-16 can only go that far, in that case I officialy hate the F-16 for its nazi FCS and 24* limit

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

There are many aircraft that will go far beyond 24.5 in the same turn an F-16 would. Your basicaly telling that F-16 cannot move its nose arround because 24.5 sounds like a small number. You would be VERY wrong. You simply cant use AOA as a measure of combat manueverability.

By the way the F-16 manual states clearly that its 25. :D

My PC specs below:

Hmmm,...Too arcadish, F16 avionic, crap FM, and so on......

If you don't want it then don't install it BTW the FM for the F-16 is different than previous mods. I like the 6dof and I see the JDAMs and JSOWs now use PB TGT data :thumbup: . I also like the IFF which now includes AIFF through the data link. Quite clever.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Some of the things FF4 has include:

-dds skins(everything is skinned)

-6dof 3d clickable pit

-better night lighting for Airbase taxiways, runway, taxi light and NAV lights

-JDAMs/JSOWs

-IFF and AIFF

-networking includes connecting LAN to Internet networks

-flyable aircraft with new pit

-F-14 A, B, D

-Mirage

-B52(and some naked female crew if I can get it to work)

-F5A/E

-Mig21

-Mig23

-Rafale B/C/M

New Flight models

European theatre

and lots of CTDs on my PC:doh: , but I can't help myself I just have to restart and reload it.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to replace only graphics engine in F4 AF? :hehe:

What about flight model for F-16? Any improvements compared to F4 AF?

I heard that stuttering got worse. Stuttering in AF was barely acceptable for me so if it's worse, there's no place for RV on my PC...

Are there any news on progress or plans on further development of RedViper?