Why no sale on Harrier?

Chief Instructor

Why is there no sale price on the Harrier? Details of the sale say "50% off ALL other modules..." yet the Harrier is full price still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Why is there no sale price on the Harrier? Details of the sale say "50% off ALL other modules..." yet the Harrier is full price still.

Are you kidding. Early Access. You could had it for 50 dollars..in pre-purchase..

Wait for 6 months... then try it again for 20% price cut off... or maybe 25%. No less...

This is DCS. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Must be some weird kind of Christmas joke :huh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No the joke was me buying the L39 at full price and in less 4mins the sale started then It was half price. 4 bloody mins tried to talk to ED team and basicly got told to go away on the live chat not much help there I dont think I will ever forgive this

No the joke was me buying the L39 at full price and in less 4mins the sale started then It was half price. 4 bloody mins tried to talk to ED team and basicly got told to go away on the live chat not much help there I dont think I will ever forgive this

It is the luck off the draw, I understand your frustration I have had that happen a couple of times with computer parts and such but it is not ED's fault that you chose to purchase when you did irrespective of how close to a sale it was. ED has a lot of sales so if you missed one there always another one coming up.

I assume the reason for the live chat thing is that is not an avenue for customer service/bug fixing. Ask for some help in https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Edited by Goldsmack

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

It is the luck off the draw, I understand your frustration I have had that happen a couple of times with computer parts and such but it is not ED's fault that you chose to purchase when you did irrespective of how close to a sale it was. ED has a lot of sales so if you missed one there always another one coming up.

I assume the reason for the live chat thing is that is not an avenue for customer service/bug fixing. Ask for some help in https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Well, in all fairness: it's not like you get much of a warning of upcoming sales either. I understand the frustration and even more so the disappointment of dealing with customer service in such a way. Now I can't know how exactly that worked out, but it should at least be a friendly-toned 'Sorry, but we can't help you'.

In response to the original question: I don't think we are generally entitled to anything just by dismantling the exact wording in a newsletter. '50% on all released modules' would have been clearer, maybe, but is that really worth making a fuss?

i dont mind paying to support the dev's.

but i do play it straight when the sales comes along, these sales come out every so often, so its a matter of being patient.

sometimes its better to wait for it to go on sale and for them to get the bugs out. other than thatthe harrier just came out.

jeez suport the devs so they make more modules

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i can swear that i saw harrier was at 30 usd today. i think they made a mistake and corrected now. maybe somebody bought it from 30 usd.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

its 20% off on steam

No it's not.

It is, but I don't think the new DRM allows for us to activate it against a DCS World account.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

its 20% off on steam

Yes, but not sure if it can work on the standalone version of DCS ... check with customer service first.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

i think the new licensing model with the harrier is to get round this problem.

as its linked to your account and not what drm version you have.

it does not have the usual small print about not working with non steam.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

DCS.PNG.c3ab3bf240e8c5b3c41b738275cbd376.PNG

So what they get, is a same pre-order price as we did for standalone....

Doesn't it sound fair? To me it does....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I've just started playing DCS and had money in my hand to buy new modules, but a quick google search showed me ED do a Christmas sale around this time so I patiently waited a few days because I knew it was coming.

Modules: AV-8B, Hawk, Viggen, FC3, F-5E, MiG-21, Mirage 2000, L-39.

the harrier is worth a lot more that what we are paying IMPO. i would have paid $80 at least, especially the amount of work that is required to get it working as the real deal :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

steam is a supermarket..

and supermarkets don't take on the cost of sales.

the suppliers do.

so if its in the winter sale, its because the supplier wants it in the winter sale.

and steam probably gets them to pay extra to get it on the front page of the store..

why you never see dcs on the front page during sales.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

All modules from Eagle Dynamics. AV-8B is from Razbam...

And just for the record: in a free economy with market mechanics decisions can be taken by vendors. To my knowledge there is no legal entitlement to Sales and Discounts in form of a law or regulation in any country I can currently think of... :doh:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)