Is there a chair with a joystick cutout?

Gladman

I need to build a better pit and I have all the ideas I need but I can't for the life of me find a chair with the proper joystick cutout like an ejection seat has. All the gamer chairs I have seen are more for racing than flying fighters.

I have the plans and I'm mostly done an aces II ejection seat but I don't think its what I want in the end.

Anybody have a link?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So, I'll assume there's nothing out there. Back to the Aces II.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I guess it depends on what stick you use as well. When I was crafting my own Warthog extension, I used one of these 1" diameter cheap plastic pipes with a kink in the middle (you can buy these in every general store with bathroom/hydraulic stuff). Turns out - when I installed the base mount on the chair, by pure luck the kink ended up being exactly on the level of the seat, thus I don't need any chair cutout and have a full back movement range.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for the links Mainstay, lmao, that first one is hilarious. Maybe when I'm 80. The second one is probably close to what I want but dam, its expensive and sold out anyway.

Art, I have a TMWH with a 10cm extension. I hadn't thought about your approach. The stick in the Hornet is actually above the cutout section by 10 or so cm so it should in theory work as is in reality. Do you have a pic?

Edited by Gladman

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Ah, I see, my extension is about 30-ish cm, so it was a different scale of geometric puzzle to solve! Still, turned out to work surprisingly well for such an "el cheapo", DIY contraption :D. First pic below, second one in the other post of mine:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3277479&postcount=2

18ead52c4667e6c8med.jpg.da9a3daf991f029e6925ee287abf3d7c.jpg

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I cannot for the life of me find the diy for the parts required to use the plastic pipe. Anybody have a link?

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Search harder :D. There are plenty of threads all over the net about extending Warthog using garden hose connectors by the Gardena company - "best choice" of Warthog DIY extension makers since 2013 ;), though I don't remember the exact model people have been using - probably because the damn thing wasn't available in my country and had to go and find other producer alternatives with required M36 thread size.

In the end, I think you would have to go to the nearest big hardware store, armed with a caliper and lots of free time anyway, trying out anything that fits together or can be connected using some knife, file, sanding paper, tape, glue and screws. Can't do it right using internet only I'm afraid!

Thanks Art, I got what I need.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

In the end, I think you would have to go to the nearest big hardware store, armed with a caliper and lots of free time anyway, trying out anything that fits together or can be connected using some knife, file, sanding paper, tape, glue and screws. Can't do it right using internet only I'm afraid!

:lol:

I am picturing someone walking around the store with calipers and a TM Warthog stick in their hand.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am picturing someone walking around the store with calipers and a TM Warthog stick in their hand.

or walking outside the house with the hat that has your TrackIR clippy thingy on... I've done that once... People were probably thinking what Moose lodge do you belong too @$$hat... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

What happens in Home Depot, stays in Home Depot. :smilewink:

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

What happens in Home Depot, stays in Home Depot. :smilewink:

I am sure there are a lot of wives that would echo that statement. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: