Mission 14

riproren

Something might be borked.

Took out the 2 bogies after being sent by magic. Returned to wp 2. Sent after bogies near wp 7. They divert, magic instructs to head to wp 7. Dodged the 11 sam, and instructed to fly heading of 120. Flew for about 20 minutes. No comms from anyone. Wingman declared bingo. We landed at home base. Score 50. Is this correct?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Might be something else going on here. I just tried it again. One item I didn't mention before, is that at approx. 19 miles from WP2 a message says "Dodge 3 splash 1". I'm not engaged with anything at that point. Also, the game crashed at the same point just as I lock up the first bandit at approx 40 miles shortly after he fires his first missile.

I have the compressed miz file if you need it. I did run a repair between attempts, but no joy.

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Another player reported the same crash, and updating his video drivers corrected the issue; might be worth a shot.

The erroneous splash message was probably an aircraft crashing in the mountains, this seems to have suddenly become a major issue.

I'll check into everything a little later this evening and see if I can reproduce the problems.

Don't worry about the .miz; I have the originals. :thumbup:

Drivers were updated prior to the 2nd crash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Update: Restarted PC (didn't do that after updating Nvidia driver last night) this morning and flew the mission again. No issues other than a little stutter for the 1st few minutes.

The message I mentioned at about 20 miles from WP2 (Dodge 3-1, splash one) is a scripted message as though I said it, me being Dodge 3-1.

Oh good! I was unable to reproduce it as well, but as I said, my money is on one of the bandits crashing as you were on the way to your waypoint. (hence your pilot reporting "splash one" because they shouldn't be dying until you're engaged.) They shadow you for a while in the mountains before popping up to attack and based on some of the other reports I've been getting about M7, and things I saw myself while testing, it seems the AI is having a hard time with this lately.

Happy holidays and enjoy the rest of the campaign!