TPOD unexpected update.

Zeus67

Is there a way to slave the TGP to a waypoint yet can anyone tell me?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your cockpit resolution display in options. Maybe a setting to high. Im only guessing.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It is a fresh install. Visibility setting is "High".

Initially I had displays set to 512 every frame. I lowered it to 256, which mitigated the problem, but I still get a hit on the TPOD page. I lose 0fps on the DMT page, with an active image. TPOD, black page "Not Ready" knocks me down by 10fps. Doesn't make any sense.

Rgr I did some test last night switched from.vr to pancake 4k and yes tpod for, dnt, nvg all have huge perfor.ance issue since hotfix 3. But strangely performance in vr is way better so won't argue with that lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

PS is the Laser tracking already implemented on the TPOD? I can do self-lasing without problem, but when I select LSS to track the laser spot of a JTAC that doesn't seem to work yet? Are we still using the DMT for that? (Which works fine BTW)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I confirm, LSS with TPOD is actually not working...only with DMT...

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

• 2 weeks later...
Try using the CCIP mode and dropping about 4 - 5 seconds out. Right after you drop, turn the laser on *the laser needs to be on lasr, not trnl or mrkr so hit the mode button 3 times* Heres a great video on it -

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean with "4 - 5 seconds out".. how I can do actually? I use usually CCRP bombing and sometimes it doesn't work fine because it's not easy to keep the crosshairs perfectly aligned with the target. By the way often it works. How ican do with CCIP? I mean... I Must drop the bomb when the crosshair is on the target and then (or before) activate the laser? is it right? what is 4 - 5 seconds out? Could you kindly explain me ? Thanks

Fabio

:unsure:

He means 4_5 seconds out from flying over the tgt. So you release the ordinance in the proper drop time window.

So if I ve understood exactly, I have to release the ordnance "after" that the CCIP crosshair" crossed the target position evidenced by the litening? Is it right? ... sorry...it's a problem of my english...by the way I 'll try to see ... thanks

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys...I am back after some days out of town...and when back I found Dcs update...now I am not able to use TPOD ...when I press tdc action to lock a target it switches to DMT...when I want to use TPOD LSS it won't work at all....

Then...what is for the Slave label near LSS one on the TPOD page?I don't remember of it before the update...also on Chuck guide is not mentioned...

Thanks

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Mavs only need to be locked (and after having uncaged them + SS [↑]).

The TV is automatically slaved to the TPOD once you use the TDC with the latter. Activate the TPOD on a MFD then:

1. →Standby (activates the TPOD)

2. →TDC (allows the TDC to control the TPOD)

Now move it around; on the second MFD activate the DMT and you'll see that it actually follows the TPOD. You don't need the LSS mode to self-lase.

Exempli gratia, for GBUs:

- fist two steps as mentioned above;

- 2nd MFG, select GBUs, set them up (fuse, multi/qty, etc);

- activate master arm, you should already be in AG mode;

- 1st MFD switch the TPOD mode to laser (it has 3 modes: training, lasing, marker);

- drop the bomb (CCRP is fine);

- later activate the laser, switch to the ordnance view and see it follow the laser.

I can't fire up DCS now, but that should be it. I'll check later and correct.

EDIT

Alright, try this:

Menu → TPOD

Activate it and slave to TDC to it by pressing:

- STBY

- TDC

Slew the TPOD on the target (Area/Point is currently bugged - haven't checked last patch though )

Remove the laser safe by pressing SAFE (ARMED will appear)

Select the correct function, toggle between Trnl→Mrkr→LASR

Set up payload and stuff on the 2nd MFD, drop and activate the laser by pressing FIRE

Mavs can be used in a similar way, although they don't need to be lased (D/G/H/K; !E). You can use the TV (consider the TPOD as an enhanced TV) to find the target, uncage mav, SS [↑], RMFD should show Mav's TV view, then lock when in range and rifle. Haven't cheked in ages, but the procedure shouldn't be different (and, hopefully, I haven't forgot anything).

Edited by Karon
full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Pretty much (unsurprisingly) the same as in the A10-C TGP

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 3 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly because they both use literally the same exact model pod. Oh hi Liteningg!

Primary function: Navigation and infrared/electro-optical targeting

Prime Contractor: Rafael Corporation/Northrop Grumman

Length: 87 in (2.20 m)

Diameter: 16 in (0.406 m)

Weight: 455 lb (208 kg)

Aircraft: A-10, B-52H, F-14A/B/D, F-15E/D, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16 Block 25/30/40/50, F-4E AUP, Su-30MKI, Aero L-159 Alca, Tornado GR4, HAL Tejas, SEPECAT Jaguar of Indian airforce, Eurofighter Typhoon, JAS-39 Gripen, Brazilian airforce: A-1M AMX International AMX, F-5M Northrop F-5.

Sensors: Infrared detector, CCD-TV camera, eye safe laser rangefinder and laser designator

sensor's resoulotion (for Litening III): CCD (tv): 1K x 1K, FLIR: 640x480

Date Deployed: February 2000

I do appreciate the consistency, it'd feel silly if learning the systems in some aircraft didn't help accelerate our understanding of operating others.

This is really a must. Its difficult to locate targets without any reference.

I thought that seeing SPI moving on a moving map would be easy reference for where one is looking at... ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 weeks later...

Zeus...

Is there an updated version of the quick start guide reflecting new features?

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.