TPOD unexpected update.

Zeus67

Zeus...

Is there an updated version of the quick start guide reflecting new features?

This is being worked on

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

When TPOD in FLIR mode. After TPOD picture disappears from RMCD when selecting ie. SSS FWRD.

TPOD FLIR doesn't stay on when re-selecting, it reverts to CCD, & you have to select FLIR again....is this right behavior?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I don't think so ; but it's definitively possible IRL, so it will be simulated.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening, please help how to switch the AR/PT mode (AREA / POINT) button on MFD does not help. But if you start on a map with a running airplane, then everything works automatically. Thank you in advance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Good evening, please help how to switch the AR/PT mode (AREA / POINT) button on MFD does not help. But if you start on a map with a running airplane, then everything works automatically. Thank you in advance.

The TPOD Area/Point Track issue effecting cold starts was reported in February, AFAIK the bug is still a problem.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211239

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202752

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hey Zeus...

Where is the most updated information available. Lots of features have been added with little to no information on how to use them.

(Not complaining mind you...just can't find info)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Do the antenna elevation and AA programming switch on the Throttle work for using the TPOD in the NA or do the buttons just not work at all despite being present?

4. Antenna Elevation Switch NOT OPERATIONAL ON NA

19. A/A Programming NOT OPERATIONAL ON NA

AV8BNA Pocket Guide.pdf

:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is the tpod considered complete or is there still more to come? Hard to tell with no changelog.

God I hope not. If you browse around the TAC000 manual on the TPOD and all the features available, are are scratching the surface only and missing out on lots of features / menu settings and options. POD was released in December 2017. Maybe 12 months and after the Mig 19 is released will be long enough to get the remaining features. Who knows....

Development takes time, for sure, and overall I'm pleased with the progress of the Harrier, it's definitely not "abandoned" like others claim.

However, the TPOD is not mentioned in the update news list that CptSmiley maintains, so it would be great to have an official say from the developers on the subject.

Only items in the pipeline are the KC-135 drogue position corrections/updates, Gun pod angle, Switch standardization, STO Hotkeys shortcuts and LHA Tarawa upgrades (working anti-air defenses). Nothing on Harrier avionics or systems.

• 4 weeks later...
Tpod dies not work now..... as it will switch from TPOD to the built in TV mounted on the aircraft...

MAJOR suck...

This after the latest update....

This can happen if you originally use the TV and don't flip it back to INS mode before using the TPOD. Are you saying that you never touched the TV and tried to slew the TPOD and it switched to the TV?

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Tpod dies not work now..... as it will switch from TPOD to the built in TV mounted on the aircraft...

MAJOR suck...

This can happen if you originally use the TV and don't flip it back to INS mode before using the TPOD. Are you saying that you never touched the TV and tried to slew the TPOD and it switched to the TV?

I didn't fire any ordinance, just did a quick check on the TPOD, seemed to work okay, did not switch to the TV for me, is it happening when you fire something?

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

MAJOR suck...

Nothing updated this update. Double check you were actually in HTS or TDC mode. I just used the TPOD and it's working like it's been for a while.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift