a little effort brigs great result and satisfaction

I am a flight sim addicted person, I must recognize that.

I am addicted to Lock-On FC in particular.

There is a high probability that I will become addicted to Black Shark also.

Maybe for Cougar/X45/X52/X52 pro users that work with Track IR and also use microphones for in-game commands, ED could give a helping hand and put aside a track IR supporting profile (i own a saitek X52 Pro, saitek rudder pro peddals and Track Ir2) and detailed instruction on how to melt all there periphereals in order to acheive the immersion sensation to the fullest.

Imagine that lot of commands using free Microsoft SDK downloadable kit and recognition voice cound be transferred to microphone.

In the past I've managed to do this but for a short period of time and then lost the HD as I was flying Lock On with Saitek X45 Track IR2 and mic. All command to wingmen were transferred to voice and also some commands as cycling through the 5-6 battle modes (keyb. 1 to 6)

Thus freeing the buttons of the flight stick for other mere usefull commands.

Sa apart the soft itself please supply some profiles.

Thank you.

• Like 1

:huh:

The Voice-Input-programs I used are calibrated for your own voice. You don't need to say "Eject" to eject. Infact, you can map yourself saying "aaaaarghh" to eject, or whatever. It only has to be the same thing you say and in the same way, to make it work.

So, I guess that language thing was rather some sort of a not so funny joke, as these tools can be very helpfull, especially for beginners.

LR1Sig-Longcopy.jpg

Could you tell more about the voice-input program?

Another Voice recognition programme you can try is Shoot 1.6.4. Herewith Link: Shoot

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The subsim Sub Command came with a voice input module that used the Microsoft voice recognition engine. It was possible to control almost everything on your sub by talking to your "crew". It worked rather well for me too.

Problem is, when it got hectic (evading torpedo etc), I seemingly tended to speak differently because the recognition rate went downhill especially with numbers for headings, depth etc.

And as flight sims tend to be much faster than sub sims, I guess we'd get too many false recognitions to make it worthwhile. One could limit voice commands to non critical systems however, like they did in the Eurofighter. Does anyone know what systems and functions can be controlled via voice in that jet?

I think it would be pretty cool to do the radio commands by voice recognition. My desk doesn't have enough room for my keyboard with the HOTAS on it, so I either have it on the floor or on my lap, and it can be a hassle to have to take one hand off and fiddle through radio menu. It would be pretty convenient to be able to just say something like "Flight, engage bandits" instead of having to grow an extra hand. :P Would something like that be possible and feasible with voice recognition software?

Yeah the voice software that came with Sub Command was very cool. I still remember me yelling at my computer "All ahead flank ! Left full rudder ! Make new depth 8-0-0 feet, flood tube one !" :)

That beats the geek factor of TrackIR by lenghts :)

I think it would be pretty cool to do the radio commands by voice recognition. My desk doesn't have enough room for my keyboard with the HOTAS on it, so I either have it on the floor or on my lap, and it can be a hassle to have to take one hand off and fiddle through radio menu. It would be pretty convenient to be able to just say something like "Flight, engage bandits" instead of having to grow an extra hand. :P Would something like that be possible and feasible with voice recognition software?

I use VoiceBuddy for AI commands, voice recognition is near perfect and relatively fast. It's not free, though. http://www.edimensional.com/index.php?cPath=23

I customized it for LOMAC, it makes AI wingman controls much easier, I never need to use the keyboard for it, coupled with my x52, there's hardly anything I need to use the keyboard for.

I tried shoot before getting VoiceBuddy. The problem with shoot is that it starts getting sluggish and missing commands when LOMAC starts using the CPU heavily, making it effectively useless to me. It must be the way shoot uses the CPU that makes it slow down when LOMAC starts hogging the CPU. VoiceBuddy doesn't have that problem.