Naval attack

Hi,

is there a way to create a Naval attack in LOFC 1.12a?!

I'll be a more specific...US NAvy often deploys ships and subs near coastline to attack ground objects in the theatre with Tomahawk missiles so if I place Oliver Perry or Ticonderoga class vessels can I make them attack something static in the map (airbase or factories)?

I ask because I'm creating a campaign and operations like this would be welcome. But there's no Tomahawk in LO so I wonder is something like this possible?!

Thanks all...

Vedran.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haven't played with all ships but the Ticonderoga will use cruise missiles against land-based targets as long as they are outside the range of its guns.

But...

It will not target objects you place on the map. Only default objects that already exist on the map (buildings, etc) will be targeted. And, unfortunately, you can't set coordinates as a target.

AWACs is not necessary. To be honest, I've never included an AWACs to see what difference it might make. I wonder if that would allow you to target objects you place...

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

OK, from the example mission posted by tflash I can clearly see it's possible to attack ground units.

I jumped with my conclusions when I said that there's no Tomahawk in LO. I guess there is but there's no TOmahawk in LO encyclopedia.

I tried creating attacks with and without AWACs in the map and got the same results. No possibility of engaging "player placed objects" but this doesn't matter too much because Tomahawks are genereally used to destroy Hi Priority Tgts like factories, bridges, power plants and such and not vehicles or other mud movers.

Remember that HIDE checkbox in mission editor?!

We often use it to make our missions more difficult, especially for other players but...When creating a mission with active AWACs in the map all ground objects (vehicles, artillery) in AWACs Line-Of-Sight should be displayed in misson editor because AWACs can also track all ground movement so hiding conwoys or hostile artillery isn't reallistic. At least that's what I think...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When creating a mission with active AWACs in the map all ground objects (vehicles, artillery) in AWACs Line-Of-Sight should be displayed in misson editor because AWACs can also track all ground movement so hiding conwoys or hostile artillery isn't reallistic. At least that's what I think...

No, it can't. That's what E-8C JSTARS does.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!