Thrustmaster MFD Screen question

Guppy

I've been trying to search for this answer but could not find any information...

Is there any meaningful difference in choosing an HDMI/DVI/VGA screen vs USB? The Lillputs seem to all be USB and more expensive. However, I have found several alternatives that are far cheaper and the nice thing about them is they are completely stripped down and allow easier integration in my simpit. I'm likely going to end up running 3-4 of these smaller displays (link below) - they all appear to be marketed for Raspberry PI.

So, just curious any major difference between the USB monitors and HDMI? I can't imagine graphical processing is any different? My machine certainly can certainly handle it (2x 1080Ti, 5960K i7).

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HDMI-DVI-VGA-Audio-Controller-board-8inch-EJ080NA-04C-1024x768-LCD-screen-/361145040450?hash=item5415ebfe42

They’ll work fine. I have a little S-Video display running my CDU, from an HDMI converter. Works perfectly! Windows just sees it as any other monitor.

Lilliput just seem to be the ‘Safe’ option simply because they’re the most popular choice, despite costing much more than the alternatives!

476th vFG Alumni

They’ll work fine. I have a little S-Video display running my CDU, from an HDMI converter. Works perfectly! Windows just sees it as any other monitor.

Lilliput just seem to be the ‘Safe’ option simply because they’re the most popular choice, despite costing much more than the alternatives!

Thank you, this is what I suspected. I ordered 2!

USB is slower. Data must be processed and then pumped out to the USB bus.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

They may be the more popular option for the USB, but they apparently don't last... amazon reviews are a few folks saying they've just died. Mine both just died a week apart from one another after using them for about two years.

Lilliput says they probably need a MoBo replacement at $95 each. I cracked one open and am wondering if I can find a TFT LCD controller to plug the screen into instead.

It's really strange though how they stopped working so close to one another... I think it's more software related than hardware personally, but I don't know.

In regards to delays... I've never noticed anything. It may be technically slower, but in real time use, seems pretty instant to me.

I'm likely going to end up running 3-4 of these smaller displays (link below) - they all appear to be marketed for Raspberry PI.

Just be aware that you are limited to a maximum of 3 displays from your gfx cards ... unless you are running them non-SLI in which case you can have 3 displays on each.

My plan is to run the main display from a kickass card and the 2 DDIs and MPCD as HDMI connected displays like the ones you linked from the motherboard intel video card. I did a quick test and that seems to work fine.

Also I purchased mine from here, heaps cheaper:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182571006133

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai