VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Look, when you flash the system with FW made for KG12 and default it - in the very moment it defaults, the system begins working with and for KG12, not any other grip.

As you said, the system recognizes KG12 and shines the green light to you.

=> Fine, that proves the base is alright.

When you flash the system with FW made for MCG (Pro in your case), and default it - the system will (or, is supposed to) work with the MCG, and stop recognizing KG12*.

There must be some contact missing, as we tried all grips before packing, and they all worked. Hence, there of course may be surprises, but a "doa" case is extremely unlikely.

Let's see where the contact might be lost.

First, although it is banal, I would recommend you wipe the contacts (both pins and platforms) with an earbud dipped in gin.

Then if it didn't help right away, open the grip, carefully disconnect the cable that is going to the base (red-yellow-black).

Also, open the base so that you get access to the same cable there.

Mount the grip onto the base twist it a few times, and check the connection with a multimeter.

Tell me how it goes.

_____

* there will be FW that you will be able to use with both grips (different profiles though) a bit later.

Ok, it will be a while though, I don't have a screwdriver long enough to get the last screw in the grip and I don't own a multimeter, so once I have those I will let you know.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it will be a while though, I don't have a screwdriver long enough to get the last screw in the grip and I don't own a multimeter, so once I have those I will let you know.

There is a faster alternative, which is to send the whole set (base+both grips) to the dealer for testing and fixing. Won't take too long, but simply because of the time wasted in transit it might be longer than your own research.

Some prefer these things to be done by others, some like getting their own hands dirty. No prejudice, pls believe me, people are different :) and we will help you either way.

So the choice is yours, we will not leave you without help.

We will talk to rrohde next morning and warn him, so he will be prepared.

Anyway, pls tell me which way you choose for now.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

There is a faster alternative, which is to send the whole set (base+both grips) to the dealer for testing and fixing. Won't take too long, but simply because of the time wasted in transit it might be longer than your own research.

Some prefer these things to be done by others, some like getting their own hands dirty. No prejudice, pls believe me, people are different :) and we will help you either way.

So the choice is yours, we will not leave you without help.

We will talk to rrohde next morning and warn him, so he will be prepared.

Anyway, pls tell me which way you choose for now.

Cool, I have updated Rrohde via email anyway. Might just send it back since I don't have the stuff I need. I will work with Rrohde on where he wants it shipped, etc.

Thanks!

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

When you flash the system with FW made for MCG (Pro in your case), and default it - the system will (or, is supposed to) work with the MCG, and stop recognizing KG12*.

_____

* there will be FW that you will be able to use with both grips (different profiles though) a bit later.

Well, this is the first time I read this. Is that something you mentionned on the product page ?

I'm actually using the KG12 for IL-2 and I'm waiting for the MCG Pro to use it to fly DCS, this is quite a bummer ; I'll have to choose which sim I'll put aside while you're writing a new firmware to support both products.

Do you have any estimated release date for this new firmware supporting both sticks ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

availability of the MCG Pro for gladiator pro MKii from Russia website

Naturally they don't reply because there is nothing right now to reply to you. You had got an automated reply which means you were already entered into the database, and cannot be lost due to human error or negligence.

I cannot update you on these orders as I have no access to VKB Russia database, but I can tell you that the grips have already been produced and are in our storage.

We are busy writing firmware for MCG/MCGPro+GladiatorPro combo. As soon as the firmware is ready and tested (which is days not weeks) the product will automatically get moved to "available" status, and all customers will be once again contacted with all that payment and shipment options, etc.

So rest assured you are not forgotten :)

:joystick:

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

That did it!

THANKS!

I think I got away with just doing the typing "DEFAULT", clicking the button and then clicking the big "DEFAULT" button (i.e., without swapping the grips back and forth) ... as that seemed to solve everything. Grip is recognized as MCG, and all buttons, axes, etc. are recognized!!

I totally missed reading that these steps were needed. Excellent support saved the day :) :) :)

THANKS AGAIN!

Glad it worked! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am seriously considering going ahead and ordering once again the MCG Pro grip. I have a new in box Gunfighter along with the extension kit to turn it into a Pro. Only thing I would need to do is get a long Moster Tech Mount for it, so that does add to the expense.

One question for those already using it - I think I saw a post earlier that mentioned the pinky button on this grip could easily be used as a modifier button in DCS. That is one thing I am very interested in - does it appear that indeed would be the case? I would want to use it as a press and hold modifier button, to increase the number of commands I could assign to the buttons in DCS. So I would need to easily be able to hold that button while pressing any button on the front of the grip.

Thanks for any feedback,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am seriously considering going ahead and ordering once again the MCG Pro grip. I have a new in box Gunfighter along with the extension kit to turn it into a Pro. Only thing I would need to do is get a long Moster Tech Mount for it, so that does add to the expense.

One question for those already using it - I think I saw a post earlier that mentioned the pinky button on this grip could easily be used as a modifier button in DCS. That is one thing I am very interested in - does it appear that indeed would be the case? I would want to use it as a press and hold modifier button, to increase the number of commands I could assign to the buttons in DCS. So I would need to easily be able to hold that button while pressing any button on the front of the grip.

Thanks for any feedback,

Definitely no problems here holding that button while actuating anything else on the stick.

Getting it to work as an actual shift in DCS might mean rebinding it to a key input in the vkbdevcfg software though.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Definitely no problems here holding that button while actuating anything else on the stick.

Getting it to work as an actual shift in DCS might mean rebinding it to a key input in the vkbdevcfg software though.

Ok thanks.

I would think DCS would see it as a button press and able to just assign as modifier though... as long as it can be done that is all I care about I guess.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would think DCS would see it as a button press and able to just assign as modifier though... as long as it can be done that is all I care about I guess.

In DCS you don't need use exclusively a key to be a modifier, can use joy buttons, just press this button together the other you want a "shified" function.

But for e.g. IL-2 Bo'X you need rebind this "pinky" button for press "Alt, Ctrl or Shift", so set this button as key and use in both games.

Link for a topic explaining how set buttons for press key/keys combos

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199464

But DevCfg allow you set this "pinky" button as modifier for other buttons in the joystick profile in controller firmware - e.g. the "pink" button in KG-12A grip is 'shift" for trigger, top button and POV HAT, so you don't need configure nothing in games.

Edited by Sokol1_br

In DCS you don't need use exclusively a key to a modifier, can use joy buttons, just press this button together the other you want a "shified" function.

But for e.g. IL-2 Bo'X you need rebind this "pinky" button for press "Alt, Ctrl or Shift", so set button as key and use in both games.

Link for a topic explaining how set buttons for press key/keys combos

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199464

But DevCfg allow you set this "pinky" button as modifier for other buttons in the joystick profile in controller firmware - e.g. the "pink" button in KG-12A grip is 'shift" for trigger, top button and POV HAT, so you don't need configure nothing in games.

I understand all that, and am well familiar with using a button as modifier in DCS and not being able to natively in IL-2. I am only talking about DCS here. I used the Warthog paddle as a modifier button in DCS for many years.

I just want to be able to go into DCS controller menu, assign that pinky button as modifier button - just like I did with the Warthog paddle button, and set my controls up. My main concern was the ergonomics of that button and being able to easily keep it depressed whilst using other buttons on the grip.

I would think as long as the pinky button is recognized as a button press that should be able to be done easily enough.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Is there a place where users can share/show-off/read about control mapping assignments of the stick for various DCS aircraft? I do not mean "profiles" in the sense of a software profile, but just what folks find useful to map on the 128+ buttons (!!) of the stick?

If not, maybe it would be nice to set one up. Perhaps a dedicated forum on the VKB site, with separate threads for each aircraft type (e.g "DCS: Ka-50 Control Assignment Ideas")? Alternatively, maybe a dedicated thread in each aircraft sub-forum here (e.g., "VKB MCG/Pro Control Assignment Ideas for Gazelle"). To help in this, we probably could use an image template with blank labels pointing to the various switches etc., sort of like is available for other sticks like this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=78297&d=1362999434 .

I have no doubt everyone at VKB is super busy right now, and probably want to take a (REAL) vacation once the dust settles, so no rush ... but maybe something to keep in mind in the future or for someone in the community to do?

Anyone else having issues with the VKBDevCfg-C and Wizzo?

I am now having configuration issues with the stick. VKBDevCfg-C does not see the stick at all. I only have Actions Tools and Settings as tabs and all options in them are greyed out and unselectable. On top of that, my flip up trigger is no longer seen in Wizzo. Wizzo sees the full button pull, but when I flip it up Wizzo does not recognize button 24.

This is what my cfg looks like as soon as I launch it.

kYH5LuE.png

What happens when you click on the device name in the top portion of the VKBdevCfg panel?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What happens when you click on the device name in the top portion of the VKBdevCfg panel?
I didnt see that listed in the instructions. Should that name be highlighted?

Out of the house, but will check when I get home.

Any reason why button 24 is not detected in wizzo? Everything else seems to be. Is it an issue with telling the black box what type of grip it is, i.e. the mcg pro and not just the mcg?

@M0ltar:

Yes, the name should be highlighted in VKBdevCfg; the assumption is that if you have multiple devices, you select the one you want from the list of devices, highlighting it, and then VKBdevCfg activates settings for the selected devices. You still need to highlight a device, even if there's only one. (also, check my email reply about calibrating, etc)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Anyone know how to program the MCG-Pro dual trigger to have the first stage position a press and hold like the Warthog Joystick? I use it to engage guns then pull the second position to fire. When totally released, guns stop firing and guns selected is off.

Right now the first position is a double click. Click on and then click again for off.

Thanks,

I don't think that's normal. Mine is momentary, like the Warthog. Are you Gunfighter Mk.1 like me? If so, did you do the "DEFAULT" configuration reset in VKBDevCfg?

Hi,

A mark II.

I will reset to default and see what happens.

Thanks.

Cats . . . .