VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

I’m not sure which gladiator I have it might not be a pro how would I tell

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not sure which gladiator I have it might not be a pro how would I tell

The Pro has a grip fastener at its base that has an allen screw to that would allow you to remove the grip. The non-Pro does not.

Check this image of the Pro (https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/DSC00365_1024.jpg) - you can also see part of the red all-metal gimbal showing as well (the metal trigger is a giveaway, too).

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yes. it's running as admin.

In a normal execution, the app always crashes at the first opening.

^^^ There's your fix. It's recommended to run as Admin. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

^^^ There's your fix. It's recommended to run as Admin. :thumbup:

Negative. I mean, I have the app running as admin, but can't select the device because of access violation error. Check my first post please.

I can't even see any app windows in normal(non-admin) running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a metal trigger as a key ring but the one on the stick is plastic

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Negative. I mean, I have the app running as admin, but can't select the device because of access violation error. Check my first post please.

I can't even see any app windows in normal(non-admin) running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, my bad.

Do you have potentially any other controller software running, such as Logitech or Razor? They can affect VKBdevCfg negatively.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

3 Things are positively not working in the current software/firmware situation.

1) combining a relative axis to an absolute one. I tried to combine the relative hat axis to the main x and y axis, but it will only add the absolute input from the hat, not the relative position from the axis to x and y. A feature to choose here would be _very_ nice.

2) Axis response curve. I checked EQ in the physical axis tab, no joy. Only if I set an axis button in hardware level to switch it on during operation manually it takes effect.

3) Having 2 switchable ministicks between pov and ministick. If I setup a second pov on axis 6 and 7 and set it to on/off and define a button ustick in physical layer and select pov nr. 2, either ministicks cant be switched into pov mode. If I disable the default one the secondary manually configured one works.

Looking forward to fixes for theese ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I have a question regarding the Relative axis on the master mode button, If I activate the relative axis mode by pressing the master mode key long press, would the mode be working in a permanent way so if I restart my PC it remains active or do I need to activate it every time i restart my PC

I'm curious if there are any plans to rework the VKB software distribution?

I mean, I only have the simple VKB T-Rudder pedals at the moment and it can be a drag to deal with the current software as is.

Some of the gripes:

- the required software is not available as a package, but as a bunch of separate mini-applications with cryptic names

- the required software is downloaded from the FTP(!!) server which has to be manually traversed in search of the required application, while the latest beta stuff is shared on some cloud storage

- one needs to manually check the dates or version numbers to get the latest version, but there's no way of knowing for sure which version of the applications mutually support each other or the firmware version

- the procedures are not unified and are spread across several applications (e.g. to upload a firmware, one needs to run VkbDevCfg, navigate through its many illogical tabs to find the bootloader button, then run a separate app to install the firmware, then back to VkbDevCfg to find a default button on a different tab, then back to a different tab to upload the default settings to the device via a Set button)

- the VkbDevConfig is like an engineering test app and allows too many options that the user doesn't actually need (e.g. just for the t-rudder there's so many lines with various sensors and checkboxes and what not; I doubt 99% of the users really need any of this stuff)

So, IMHO, VKB needs to make self-installing software packages (containing compatible application versions) which would also have a user-friendly all-encompassing app which would then perform user desired procedures (e.g. firmware update, calibration, axis and button test, technical support reports) in a user-friendly way by guiding him through the process and by running all the required substeps through various sub applications hidden from the user.

Sorry for the rant and I presume that this was proposed already, but I had a problem yesterday updating the firmware on my rudders as I changed the computer so they didn't really work on the new Win 10 installation by default. Some of the latest beta firmware options wouldn't upload, some would show no response from the pedals while some would show the same crazy outputs from three axis even though the pedals have only one physical axis.

If you don't deal with these things for e.g. six months or a year, it's easy to forget these non-intuitive procedures and then you're back to getting stuck if a problem occurs because the required procedures to find the latest apps and firmware and actually upload them are overtly complicated for the end user and the lack of some proper sticky threads on the support forums explaining the basic procedures doesn't help much (though there is a sticky requiring the user to obtain and navigate through different apps on its own and go through a bunch of diagnostic steps and screen grabs just to report a valid support request which actually prevented me from asking for help and forced me to further dig through threads on various forums in search for a solution).

In the end, uploading the new default settings to the device compatible with the latest firmware solved it in the end, but this information had to be sourced by random search through some MCG support threads and just locating the ever-referenced default button (where the icon was hiding it more than making it more noticeable IMHO) was a needless pain.

I can see it becoming ever so more complicated if I had the full VB set (stick and throttle) and had to play with the axis settings and button configurations, though the screenshots of this Wizzo app do look like a step towards more user friendly design.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

... though the screenshots of this Wizzo app do look like a step towards more user friendly design.

Just as information - nothing against you "rant", :) your points is valid, find what is need/where is a bit mess*. :confused:

WIZZO-GF - for Gunfighter BlackBox, seems what you want use for stick.

WIZZO-_GF.jpg

Just do test (axes/buttons), calibration, set deadzones, load custom buttons profiles made by VKB or someone,

and in "Advanced Settings" start the "Bootloader" mode - what probable require the run separately the utility ZBootloader.C,

a minor inconvenience but that add a level of security, avoiding user mess with firmware inadvertently.

DevCFG is for advanced functions... for "adventurous" users. :D

* The latest firmware loaded in my T-Rudder Mk.II 'TinyBox' is 1.820, IIRC almost a year now, but despite by "rock solid" this version still not available in FTP (last there is v1.790 of 15-jun-2016). :huh:

WIZZO-GF - for Gunfighter BlackBox, seems what you want use for stick.

DevCFG is for advanced functions... for "adventurous" users. :D

Yeah, I saw some screenshots and it looked pretty nice (didn't know it also has the bootloader options and all that as it requires a VKB joystick for it to load up and I only have pedals for the time being), hence why I mentioned that it might be a step in the right direction.

I would still prefer if it was a part of download packages from a website where you'd select your device and it will give you the latest software for it (which would contain e.g. the zbootloader application).

* The latest firmware loaded in my T-Rudder Mk.II 'TinyBox' is 1.820, IIRC almost a year now, but despite by "rock solid" this version still not available in FTP (last there is v1.790 of 15-jun-2016). :huh:

Likewise, I've noticed my TinyBox for the Mk.III's was still stuck on that same 2016 firmware as it's the only option on the ftp server. And, since my pedals didn't work with the new Windows 10 installation for some reason (got haywire outputs on X, Y and Z axis somehow) and the VkbDevCfg was complaining about the old firmware present, I decided to try and update it. After some google search, I've managed to dig the location where the latest BETA firmware options were available (some shared cloud folders) from some random forum topic.

Out of those three firmware options there, one would fail to upload to the TinyBox for some reason, so I ended uploading the latest marked with 'B' which I presume is 'Beta'. The pedals gave zero output with that one so I shuffled between several versions back and forth trying to get a single axis to work properly, then played with various checkboxes on the Axis list, all to no avail. Finally, I've read that after installing the MCG grip on the base, it should be followed by uploading the default settings for it, so I tried that with my pedals and it worked, even with the latest beta firmware (actually finding the default option that everyone talks about in the VkbDevCfg was another story altogether).

Hope I don't forget the basics again in like a year or so when I need to update something again.

BTW, when is the MCG-TM scheduled for release? Were there any updates on those?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Oh, my bad.

Do you have potentially any other controller software running, such as Logitech or Razor? They can affect VKBdevCfg negatively.

I'm sure the razer app was turned off at that time. But no joy.

And I've never installed logitech one.

Let me know if you have any other confirmed list of fatal apps to run VKB software.

I'll check them too.

I’m wanting the gf2 mcg with 8” extension and desktop base

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Delay New: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=8770

Hi guys,

VKB HQ told me that they didn’t have managed to manufacture enough inventory to satisfy all current pre-orders for:

Gunfighter/Pro Mk.II + MCG/MCG PRO combos,

Gunfighter/Pro Mk.II+ KG12 combos,

Gunfighter Mk.II Base Only,

as well as certain accessory items, such as TM Warthog adapters and Extension kits for Gunfighter Mk.I/Mk.II.

The same delays are affecting the following items:

Stand-alone MCG PRO grips for Gunfighter Mk.I,

Stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for Gunfighter Mk.II,

Stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for Gladiator Pro Mk.I and Mk.II, Fat Mamba, Black Mamba and Vintage Mamba.

For all of the above, VKB HQ asked me to push the release date back to February 25 (after the Chinese New Year).

On the upside, there are plenty of stand-alone MCG (non-PRO) grips available for the Gunfighter Mk.I (3-pin original – aka Rev.A) – which are available for ordering now.

Until next time,

Take cover guys, shit storm incoming !

I'm glad I went through the Aliexpress website to order mine. I can't believe this is happening again despite the claims from VKB stating that they had plenty of products to supply pre-orders and the sales to follow.

What about european customers then ? It's already February and still no pre-orders available on the website. Last time we heard something about the european dealer, the MCG was planned for March 2018.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Well great, another month it is then...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What about european customers then ? It's already February and still no pre-orders available on the website. Last time we heard something about the european dealer, the MCG was planned for March 2018.

I have read a offical post somewhere in a VKB thread on this forum that they already send a full container with mcg's and more for the EU store.

Lets see how true that was...

Sadly the seller on Aliexpress is out of stock

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

I have read a offical post somewhere in a VKB thread on this forum that they already send a full container with mcg's and more for the EU store.

Lets see how true that was...

Sadly the seller on Aliexpress is out of stock

i ordered mine from Ali express last Friday , arrived today at my office . way better than EU store

i ordered mine from Ali express last Friday , arrived today at my office . way better than EU store

Does your version of the Gunfighter already have 3-pin Rev.B connectors? The offer on the Aliexpress side does not say anything about it.

Edit: it should be already Rev.B, because it`s a Mk.II, right?

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Last time we heard something about the european dealer, the MCG was planned for March 2018.

In the end this guy is who are being the most realistic in this "novel" - if one look back at previous products release (Black Mamba, Gladiator, Gunfighter) will see that the pattern are is repeating itself, products announced for "end of year" was postponed for after New Year, then for after Chinese New Year (February), then for March/April because after that holiday ends take some weeks for things "gear up". Nothing new there. :D

I wasn’t planning on upgrading to it un the late spring early summer anyway

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Does your version of the Gunfighter already have 3-pin Rev.B connectors? The offer on the Aliexpress side does not say anything about it.

Edit: it should be already Rev.B, because it`s a Mk.II, right?

Right. VKB only manufactures Gunfighter Mk.II's anymore, with the 3-pin Rev.B connectors.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Are you in germany? What did you payed total if so?

I dont want to get surprised by import fees etc. Some had to pay fees and some didnt.

I wanted the MCG mainly for the av8b and thats why i got the Glad. Pro II in the first place but im actually quiet happy with the warthog on the Glad. Pro II. I heared the buttons have a really short travel and my biggest concern is it will feel cheap like every other 0815 stick with microswitches.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,