VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

+1 :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the mcg pro bundle still on track for April for the US market?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

VKB posted on thier forum

Hello all,

Finally, I am happy to announce that new VKB products are on their way to EU store.

It took extra time as our manufacturing department had to spend additional efforts to improve durability of MCG grips based on the feedback we got from early customers. Now, the batch for EU is fully completed, tested and on its way to Rotterdam, NL. It will take several weeks to arrive to the Netherlands and get cleared. So the shipping will be started in April. Sorry for delay for one month but it was required to improve quality of our products.

What we will offer for EU customers:

Gunfighter Mk.II Pro/non-Pro with MCG Pro/non-Pro grip with En/Ru engravings

Gunfighter Mk.II KG12

T-Rudder Mk.IV

Basically we are going to offer the full range of Gunfighter Mk.II line.

We never start accepting orders for new products if availability date may slip and could not be secured. As we have now concrete dates for availability of items in stock, I am going to open the ordering. In order to do so, the website will be migrated to the new platform these days so please expect that the website will be closed for couple of days.

Best regards,

Eduard

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3062

Can anyone expand on the changes of the MCG grip in regards to durability improvements?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wonder if these durability improved parts will be available for purchase separately for mk1 and 2...

Honestly I would expect them to be offered for free, or at most for the cost of shipping. That was a very expensive joystick grip to have issues with loose screws and wiggling connections.

Honestly I would expect them to be offered for free, or at most for the cost of shipping. That was a very expensive joystick grip to have issues with loose screws and wiggling connections.

I didn`t have any problems with the mechanics of my Gunfighter Pro so far. But if there are reported problems, I agree with you. That should be a free upgrade for us customers.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Thanks, Sokol1.

Frankly, I would like to see:

(a) An official advisory/communication regarding this, with specific details on what the issues are, symptoms, and mitigation measures

and

(b) A notice on what we (early adopters/buyers) can or should do should any problems arise associated with these "durability" issues arise, including whether we are covered by warranty, honor, or whatever

Ya I asked about this several days ago, have been no response.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks, Sokol1.

Frankly, I would like to see:

(a) An official advisory/communication regarding this, with specific details on what the issues are, symptoms, and mitigation measures

and

(b) A notice on what we (early adopters/buyers) can or should do should any problems arise associated with these "durability" issues arise, including whether we are covered by warranty, honor, or whatever

Excellent questions I'm also looking forward to an official response from VKB.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

New option for set buttons in MCG brake lever in firmware 1.93C - Beta.

5ac0c92308a1d_MCGbrake.jpg.e7263069b289fbdf80833de791b1d408.jpg

Simplified settings for converting brake axis brake into buttons.

In much the same way as the trigger settings (trigger) - two buttons on the edges ( Low Limit / High Limit ), one button - on the level (the slider, 7 positions) are activated at will .

The choice of logical buttons is completely analogous to the trigger. Well, the binding to a certain axis (by default VC = 1, AxisN = 8).

By default, the MCG Brake structure is disabled.

Yeah, communication seems to be a problem with VKB.

I desperately want to purchase the VKB pedals, because they are the only ones that fit my rig (max width of 435mm for the pedals), but it seems to be impossible.

I thought about getting the MCG+Gunfighter as well, but reading here, I think going VPC might be the better idea. :/

I desperately want to purchase the VKB pedals,

At moment they are listed as available there (USA):

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=rudder-pedals

There (USA, I guess):

http://store.x-plane.org/VKB-T-Rudder-Pedals-MkIV_p_571.html

There (China):

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/VKBsim-T-Rudder-MkIV/3023007_32823288834.htm

There (direct from VKB, China):

http://shop.vkb-sim.pro/shop/controllers/rudders/

Yeah I know, unfortunately not in the euro-shop, which I'd prefer.

And yes, x-plane.org ships from the US, already checked that.

But with shipping and tax it'll be quite a bit more than on flightsimcontrols (which I think was 239€).

Still waiting for the new EU site.

I think most everyone now is waiting for any news.

Don B