VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

You can have it both ways, use "Axis2Buttons" in the VKB config software. You might have to use one of the beta versions found in the Russian language forums either on vkb's site or the IL2 forum, I forget where I found it. Their programmer puts up beta versions on google drive you can get. I've got the round hat working as both 2-axis and 4 button+press, and depending on the module I use it either way.

Ok thanks for the tip, if I can get it to act as button presses that would be great.

I had a look in the manual for the software earlier this morning and I was like, say what? Lol.

Will take a closer look. I really don't need that hat to be two axis, I have plenty of axis.

Edit: I would also note I am seeing now some of those random button presses I have seen some others mention. A restart of the device in the software clears them out. So far it seems to be button numbers higher than what I have...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gang,

Question on the MCG Pro Grip.

The round hat button ( Gate?) is controlling two axis rather than button presses. I was going to assign it as a POV Hat for looking around in exterior views ( how I have my other stick set up), but it would seem as they are axis instead this can not be done.

Curious how others are using this particular hat?

I set up Gate Cont as a 4 way hat with push by using this guide:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

Hope it helps.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Hope it helps.

:thumbup:

Thanks so much for that!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hope it helps.

Hmm my software seems to be fairly different than what the screenshots in that link shows.

Edit: Never mind on closer examination I see the same functions - duh not enough coffee this morning lol.

1832920313_VKBDevicecfg.thumb.jpg.c046c4ae0044d61c213693b99058cdff.jpg

Edited by dburne

Don B

Hope it helps.

Got it working now, this is much better for me!

I am really liking all the buttons and axis on the MCG Pro and customizability of the VKB software.

Don B

So I spent around 5 hours gaming yesterday with my Gunfighter Pro/and new MCG Pro grip.

The last flight or two I was really having trouble with my rudder, it was like I just could not put in enough right rudder trim especially for taking off in the Spit.

After the last session I opened the VKB software and voila, I had a ton of phantom button presses. Looked like the view of the buttons had a very bad case of the measles. Apparently the left rudder trim button was being shown as held down the whole time. I wish I had thought to take a screenshot of viewing all those button presses.

So as this thread is titled by VKB with questions/answers, my question is:

Is this issue being addressed by VKB? And if so when might we expect a fix?

Yes I know a restart of the device clears these up for a time being, but would be very nice if they did not occur?

Edited by dburne

Don B

So I spent around 5 hours gaming yesterday with my Gunfighter Pro/and new MCG Pro grip.

The last flight or two I was really having trouble with my rudder, it was like I just could not put in enough right rudder trim especially for taking off in the Spit.

After the last session I opened the VKB software and voila, I had a ton of phantom button presses. Looked like the view of the buttons had a very bad case of the measles. Apparently the left rudder trim button was being shown as held down the whole time. I wish I had thought to take a screenshot of viewing all those button presses.

So as this thread is titled by VKB with questions/answers, my question is:

Is this issue being addressed by VKB? And if so when might we expect a fix?

Yes I know a restart of the device clears these up for a time being, but would be very nice if they did not occur?

There is beta firmware that fixes it, but I am waiting for it's full release. So...it should be fixed soon.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I have the beta firmware.

It ... reduces the problem.

Unfortunately, does not fix it completely and entirely.

Still get it at least once or twice each day (as opposed to several times an hour until a restart, so it is an improvement).

Really frustrating. E. g., making a ground run and suddenly you switch to AA mode, resulting in needing to go to stores and reselect; or closing in with AIM-7 and suddenly switch to AIM-9, throwing off your game.

FWIW, It seems to be triggered by an roll or pitch movement. I am guessing it's got to do with voltages[TM] :). I don't know, TBH. I'm going to wait for the final release of the firmware to see if that solves things, otherwise, if it doesn't, I will make one last attempt at tech support. The problem is that things are so random that you cannot always trigger it while having the config or the button tester up, so it is difficult getting the bug report requirements ....

[EDIT: in fairness, I suspect my case is an outlier. And the last time, AeroGator worked with me to get it fixed via software. I am hopeful still that this round of problems will be ironed out eventually, either through the next firmware update (hopefully improving on the beta; which is why I describing the problem here), or through a support ticket etc.]

Edited by Bearfoot

I have the beta firmware.

It ... reduces the problem.

Unfortunately, does not fix it completely and entirely.

Still get it at least once or twice each day (as opposed to several times an hour until a restart, so it is an improvement).

Really frustrating. E. g., making a ground run and suddenly you switch to AA mode, resulting in needing to go to stores and reselect; or closing in with AIM-7 and suddenly switch to AIM-9, throwing off your game.

FWIW, It seems to be triggered by an roll or pitch movement. I am guessing it's got to do with voltages[TM] :). I don't know, TBH. I'm going to wait for the final release of the firmware to see if that solves things, otherwise, if it doesn't, I will make one last attempt at tech support. The problem is that things are so random that you cannot always trigger it while having the config or the button tester up, so it is difficult getting the bug report requirements ....

[EDIT: in fairness, I suspect my case is an outlier. And the last time, AeroGator worked with me to get it fixed via software. I am hopeful still that this round of problems will be ironed out eventually, either through the next firmware update (hopefully improving on the beta; which is why I describing the problem here), or through a support ticket etc.]

Yeah I may be a bit of an outlier as well, as it is not all that unusual for me to spend a few hours at a time in my gaming sessions. I am just going to have to be cautious for now and exit to Windows and check the condition of the phantom button presses and restart the device if they are starting to show their ugly faces.

Good to hear at least from some here that VKB are aware and working on it, I had looked through their English forums and really did not see any references to it that were obvious.

The MCG grip is way too nice a grip to be plagued with a problem such as this.

Don B

I had an ongoing issue with my Gunfighter base. I would get intermittent occurrences with the joystick not responding, and the light on the box going from green to red. I discovered back in January that there was an issue with the connection from the joystick to the motherboard inside the base. I reseated the connector and it started working OK, but it appeared to me that the wires to the base were a little too short and therefore put tension? on the connection. All good until three weeks ago when problem started again. Contacted VKB North America (rrohde) and opened a ticket. After running some software tests rrohde got me a new base which arrived yesterday. It appears to be working right. My experience with VKB North America has been very positive. You should contact VKB and open a ticket if you are having ongoing issues.

Edited by Rocky49
spelling

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I had an ongoing issue with my Gunfighter base. I would get intermittent occurrences with the joystick not responding, and the light on the box going from green to red. I discovered back in January that there was an issue with the connection from the joystick to the motherboard inside the base. I reseated the connector and it started working OK, but it appeared to me that the wires to the base were a little too short and therefore put tension? on the connection. All good until three weeks ago when problem started again. Contacted VKB North America (rrohde) and opened a ticket. After running some software tests rrohde got me a new base which arrived yesterday. It appears to be working right. My experience with VKB North America has been very positive. You should contact VKB and open a ticket if you are having ongoing issues.

Good to hear a positive note on support.

Yeah rrhode is a class act for sure. He really worked with me on my questions I had trying to get this thing set up to my liking.

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

So I just saw this - new firmware for GFPro with MCG/MCGPro:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=16623

It's been out for several days. Why no announcement from vkb or changelog? Hoping it fixes the buttons on issue at startup and adds folding trigger options... will try it tonight. Been waiting over 6 months for this, hope it ticks all the boxes.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

New user gunfighter mk2 and mcg pro with extension. Being used to hotas warthog, are the 30 cam and the 50 springs the best choice?

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

New user gunfighter mk2 and mcg pro with extension. Being used to hotas warthog, are the 30 cam and the 50 springs the best choice?
I just put both of those in yesterday and will keep them. They seem perfect but I haven't had a chance to fly yet..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I found with the extension just the single #50 spring to be soft for my taste, so I added a #20 to each axis in addition to the #50.

I am using the #10 cams however that were installed by default.

Nice thing with this setup , changing them out is no big deal so just experiment until you get the feel you like best.

Don B

I'm using 20 and 50s, if I remember right. It's got a good feel to it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It depends how you fly. If you are hands off and trimming only, then the 30 cam will keep the stick in the center more aggressively keeping the plane flying as you trimmed it. If you keep your hand on the stick and only use trim to help, then the 20 cam will be much smoother at making fine adjustments that pass through the center. Do you want a computer joystick or an approximation of a real aircraft stick? Nothing wrong with either, it's however you want it to feel.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

It depends how you fly. If you are hands off and trimming only, then the 30 cam will keep the stick in the center more aggressively keeping the plane flying as you trimmed it. If you keep your hand on the stick and only use trim to help, then the 20 cam will be much smoother at making fine adjustments that pass through the center. Do you want a computer joystick or an approximation of a real aircraft stick? Nothing wrong with either, it's however you want it to feel.

The gunfighter comes with the 10 cam and apart the 30. I do not have the 20. However the goal is to have a stick as close as possible to the real one. I always trim a lot the Harrier and the A-10c, some issues trimming the f-18c on landing but I'll make it.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

There is no 20, he meant 10.

That said, a 20 cam is something MANY of us have asked VKB for. The 30 is too much and the 10 is too little. The W cam is almost right for the MCG Pro but still too much.

My bad sorry. The cam is in my gimbal and not going to pull it out to read the number :doh:

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.