VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

That's entirely up to you, as they're adjustable. You can tighten them until they hold the stick firmly in place, or you can lightly tighten them where they barely apply.

By definition, anything physically tightening down on the controls like that is going to add ''sticktion''. How much depends on how heavily you apply them.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's entirely up to you, as they're adjustable. You can tighten them until they hold the stick firmly in place, or you can lightly tighten them where they barely apply.

By definition, anything physically tightening down on the controls like that is going to add ''sticktion''. How much depends on how heavily you apply them.

While I have not flown with my Mk 1 Gunfighter Pro yet, I have moved the stick around a little and not sure I am going to care much for the feature. ( It ships with them tightened down).

If and when I ever get the MCG Pro grip for it and actually set it up for a module (likely the KA-50) I will play with it a little , but suspect I will not want the dampening.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
What are people's thoughts on the dry clutches?
Stick with applied friction by clutch moves enough similar to Su-25 cockpit trainer (I had "flew" some time on MILEX-2017 military exposition in Minsk). But in DCS simulation and short stick it's inconvinient, clutch added notable 'sticking' in the most significant zone - near center. Maybe full-size stick will be better.

My improvement: I added small quantity of high-viscosity silicon fluid (polymethylsiloxane) into the both clutches gap. It's not an oil, it's not a grease - this fluid has 600000 cSt viscosity and used as a damper in some precision units (for example, I took small portion from my turntable tonearm damper). Now stick moves more smoothly, I'm pretty satisfied this upgrade. Maybe similar result can be obtained by oil or (better) thick grease - didn't checked.

Anyway clutch should be adjusted after springs tune and (my personal opinion) friction force should be small.

IMG_3422.thumb.jpg.cad0c8c660eb68d44c65d90dcec5936c.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Stick with applied friction by clutch moves enough similar to Su-25 cockpit trainer (I had "flew" some time on MILEX-2017 military exposition in Minsk). But in DCS simulation and short stick it's inconvinient, clutch added notable 'sticking' in the most significant zone - near center. Maybe full-size stick will be better.

My improvement: I added small quantity of high-viscosity silicon fluid (polymethylsiloxane) into the both clutches gap. It's not an oil, it's not a grease - this fluid has 600000 cSt viscosity and used as a damper in some precision units (for example, I took small portion from my turntable tonearm damper). Now stick moves more smoothly, I'm pretty satisfied this upgrade. Maybe similar result can be obtained by oil or (better) thick grease - didn't checked.

Anyway clutch should be adjusted after springs tune and (my personal opinion) friction force should be small.

Thanks, will see what I can find.

Probable Nyogel 767A is the best option for create a "damper" effect.

Holy bjesus that's expensive!

While I have not flown with my Mk 1 Gunfighter Pro yet, I have moved the stick around a little and not sure I am going to care much for the feature. ( It ships with them tightened down).

If and when I ever get the MCG Pro grip for it and actually set it up for a module (likely the KA-50) I will play with it a little , but suspect I will not want the dampening.

It ships with them HEAVILY tightened down to prevent them coming apart in shipping. You're supposed to open it up and loosen them before playing, because they are indeed far too tight out of the box, deliberately.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Sokol, do you not think 767A will be too viscous? Because the dampers are already have significant surface contact, I worry that 767A would not permit fine damping. The nylon clamps already provide the necessary damping/friction, the gel just needs to help us avoid sticking. What do you think?

59F9qUDNwnQ

• ED Team
Can someone tell me what size bolts are used to attach the base plate (M4/M5 etc)? So I can plan ahead for attaching to my rig. Thanks.
M4*12

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

using the Gunfighter II MCG Pro and flying the Hornet I ask myself, if it is possible to convert the brake lever axis to push button for autopilot and steering disengage function?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hello,

using the Gunfighter II MCG Pro and flying the Hornet I ask myself, if it is possible to convert the brake lever axis to push button for autopilot and steering disengage function?

I wrote a little howto some time ago. Still leaves the brake lever available as axis, but gives you a virtual button at the end of the brake lever travel you can assign to whatever you want.

Here's the link: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2868

That said, I use custom config exactly as you proposed above (in the Su-27, I use the brake lever for wheel brakes, and the virtual button to override the AOA limiter).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team
Hello,

Select 'Common -n- Axes' tab, assign 'Edges1' type, choose desired button number (#65 in my screenshot). Save config (maybe restart device after saving, I don't remember). Now you can assign new button No.65 to any command as usual.

Details see in docs and on link provided by rrohde

MCG.thumb.jpg.9d8ec3d4c00f06c4ba2f049bebc3b767.jpg

G.K. Chesterton

That's even a quicker way. Haven't tried that yet, but will check it out. Thanks Rik!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for your fast help, rrohde (and Rik), and for your guide! Works perfect!

Great still having the axis function of the brake lever even when button 34 is activated.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Any update on the vkb firmware? I still have tons of button presses randomly until I restart the joystick.

Yes I have seen reports of this as well, not sure I will order one until that is confirmed fixed.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes I have seen reports of this as well, not sure I will order one until that is confirmed fixed.

Well, it is annoying but for me it is buttons in the 200+ number range so not noticed unless i look in the vkb config or similar. If it did press actual buttons all the time it would make the stick useless pretty much...

Any update on the vkb firmware? I still have tons of button presses randomly until I restart the joystick.

In later versions of the configurator and firmware, an applet is added, in which it can be configured without resorting to Edges and Zones. All the extreme software (beta) can be found http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908 here, in the first and second post.

It is highly recommended to comply with the rule of compliance of the firmware and the configurator, this is indicated in the top (header) line of the configurator.

Brake.thumb.png.51810d7010eaa541a17f1f2ba00b7384.png

Edited by Ron

Win11, Asus Z690, i5-13600KF, 32Gb, GTX 3080TI, ViewSonic VX3211-4K, FFBeast+FFB Pedal, VKB devices, HP Reverb G2 v2.

I just want to be able to make my control assignment in game and not mess with any extreme software.

So will I see any phantom button presses? Has VKB ever officially commented on this?

Don B