VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

No 20 eh? Must be a 30 then lol Ignore me, I dunno nuthin'

Ehhhh... you're all talking cams, and I'm talking springs. No wonder I'm confused. Ignore me twiceover

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gunfighter ships with #10 Cam installed (soft center) and #30 cams (hard center) as extras if one prefers them.

VKB has been asked about possibility of a #20 Cam to have something in between soft and hard ( and soft is indeed very soft), but they have stated no interest in doing so.

I wish they would as I think it would be about perfect for my tastes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I also would pay for a 20 Cam, It would be nice if they reconsider this request.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'd pay for a 20 Cam.

... wonders if I could print one ....

In plastic? No way. The forces that thing has to take are very large (for plastic). You'd end up with a warped cam in no time, and it would flex even if it wasn't warped.

If you have your own CNC machine to cut aluminum, maybe. All you need is a scanner and then import the image into a CAD program and you can manipulate the curve there. But to get something symmetrical and actually good, you've got to be better at math than I am.

Edited by Sideslip

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Finally had time to unbox and setup the Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro I got recently. Kept the 10 Cam on and replaced original springs with a 10 and 50 spring on each axis. Noticed that in the Y-axis there is a very slight click when moving through its center. This occurs regardless of how fast or slow I move the stick. X-axis is perfectly smooth through the whole range of motion. Is there something I can check to see what might be causing the Y-axis click or is that just normal behavior?

Finally had time to unbox and setup the Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro I got recently. Kept the 10 Cam on and replaced original springs with a 10 and 50 spring on each axis. Noticed that in the Y-axis there is a very slight click when moving through its center. This occurs regardless of how fast or slow I move the stick. X-axis is perfectly smooth through the whole range of motion. Is there something I can check to see what might be causing the Y-axis click or is that just normal behavior?

May be normal not sure, I have a very slight click in center of Y axis also. Does not really affect my operating the stick.

Mostly I just feel it slightly.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

May be normal not sure, I have a very slight click in center of Y axis also. Does not really affect my operating the stick.

Mostly I just feel it slightly.

Yup, it is very slight. Guess it is more noticeable simply because motion is so smooth on X axis.

By the way, I ran into the same trouble you did when trying to attach grip on. Had a helluva time trying to get one of the pieces into the hole so I could screw them together. Wasted almost an hour on it. :mad:

If you have 2 springs on each axis, did you install them one spring inside and the other spring out? So they can't rub against each other and snap or click?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

If you have 2 springs on each axis, did you install them one spring inside and the other spring out? So they can't rub against each other and snap or click?

Yes, I believe so. Installed just like pics shown on first page of dburne's excellent review in this forum. Will double check it later to ensure my memory is working correctly.

The 'click' happens precisely at the middle of the Y axis irregardless of X axis position. Not sure 'click" is the right word here. I can feel it even when moving stick very slowly and there is no clicking sound.

I got the clicking when installing stronger tension (double springs, like yourself, cannot remember the #). In the 50-gazillion post VKB stick thread, a couple of other folks noted the clicking with the stronger tension as well. So I just assumed it was normal. Weirdly, the clicking is either gone now or I have just tuned it out.

Yep inside spring has coil on inside, outside spring coil on outside so they do not conflict with each other.

Stick is very, very smooth.

Don B

Guess I'm just being anal about this. Wish I had tested it first with default cams and springs. That way I would be more confident that I hadn't screwed things up when configuring it differently.

Pretty sure you are fine as mine has the same, it does not affect the operation and I hardly notice it whilst flying. I am certainly not concerned with it at all.

Don B

I would suggest using a bit of light lubricant, I used a graphite grease on the springs, posts, and cams. Might reduce noise. Also the little plastic shrinks slip over the springs to keep them from making 'BOIIIING' sounds :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Attempted to update my firmware which I have done in the past and it looks like it bricked my stick. This was done with the BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_94_B firmware. When I updated it it timed out and then failed. I did not click on anything I just waited. After the failure the stick no longer shows in the VKB device config. It just shows v00.56 Lite HID compliant vender-defined device. I have tried unplugging it from both USB and the stick connector to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this?

7zWJhv7.png

GpphUIO.png

NDWf4af.png

Edited by M0ltar

That's too bad Moltar! I flashed mine with that bios 3 weeks ago with no problems.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

That's too bad Moltar! I flashed mine with that bios 3 weeks ago with no problems.

I think it might be that I had an old version of zbootloader. Ill be working on it tonight and will confirm one way or the other.

You are using an old flasher. Take Zbootloader-C v.1.15, at the same time and the configurator from here.

Win11, Asus Z690, i5-13600KF, 32Gb, GTX 3080TI, ViewSonic VX3211-4K, FFBeast+FFB Pedal, VKB devices, HP Reverb G2 v2.

You are using an old flasher. Take Zbootloader-C v.1.15, at the same time and the configurator from here.

So indeed it was the Zbootloader version I had. However, there is a new problem now that the new firmware does not see my VKB mk. IV pedals. They do not show as an axis like they did before.

Edit: Nevermind. Reflashed it again and it works now. Ron, Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...