Why doesn't the Missions Folder have folders for all the flyable aircraft?

I just noticed this. Some of the flyable planes are missing a Mission's Folder. Why doesn't the Missions Folder have folders for all the flyable aircraft?

I'm running 1.12a, and my (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Missions) Missions Folder only has sub-folders for these aircraft:

• A-10 Missions
  • F-15C Missions
  • Su-25 Missions
  • Su-25t Missions
  • Su-27 Missions

Why aren't their mission folders for all the flyables?

• Like 1

Ehrmm... Let me thing about it.....Good Question!

.... half an hour later......

Answer:

I thing that ED, when releasing LockOn 1.0 ,don't realised really what powerfull tool (the engine of flanker 2.5) they got holding in their hands. But than a child named "LockOn" was born, and was immediately taken away by his evil stepmother (ubisoft):cry: . And it had the same experience like all children without a mother or helping hand - only a hard working Father - and only one real friend (this Community): To stand on one's own feet.

In the meantime the "Father" ED has to go to work and earn money,to feed his children (The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine,BlackShark,PC-Based Desktop Trainers for the Air national guard as part of the United States Air Force A-10C),but this don't mean that he doesn't love his son! He just hadn't the time to do it alone(and i think he would if he could) So its up to us!

We must give this "child" patience and the knowledge (it is all here in this forum).

And maybe we can educate him the "missing" parts,

with the permission of his father?:)

Hmmmm

Thinking about it maybe ubisoft is getting bad rap. Agreed they forced the release of LOMAC well before it was ready but ED were way behind schedule and ubi had to make some money out of this puppy or abandon it. To their credit they got the product released and have supported the LOMAC forum over at the ubi site long after they could be making any money. Can't see how some folk's continually defend ED's release of buggy patches and game updates as a business necessity but still slam ubi for the same reasons. Are we still waiting for BS. ?

Just a thought...

I just noticed this. Some of the flyable planes are missing a Mission's Folder. Why doesn't the Missions Folder have folders for all the flyable aircraft?

I'm running 1.12a, and my (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Missions) Missions Folder only has sub-folders for these aircraft:

• A-10 Missions
  • F-15C Missions
  • Su-25 Missions
  • Su-25t Missions
  • Su-27 Missions

Why aren't their mission folders for all the flyables?

I guess it was down to time constraints that not all flyables had dedicated pre-made missions for them.

But it is a "non-issue" as far as the folders are concerned - you can just make them yourself and put your aircraft specific missions into them....same with quick missions and training tracks :) .

But in the case of the latter(training tracks), you need to use the "Open" option to access your custom made training folder - being able to do so directly from the Training Menu would require modification to the GUI.

JJ

Hmmmm

Thinking about it maybe ubisoft is getting bad rap. Agreed they forced the release of LOMAC well before it was ready but ED were way behind schedule and ubi had to make some money out of this puppy or abandon it. To their credit they got the product released and have supported the LOMAC forum over at the ubi site long after they could be making any money. Can't see how some folk's continually defend ED's release of buggy patches and game updates as a business necessity but still slam ubi for the same reasons. Are we still waiting for BS. ?

Just a thought...

Ill defend it to the bitter death my friend. And only reason why we've waited so long was to get a very realistic sim and not porked like F4 was when it came out. But Murphy was always the bitch and someone said get it done or get the hell out. You rush things you get problems.